Samsung Galaxy S3 Will It Work In Uk?

IGCKorat

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I purchased in BKK from AIS. I have a monthly deal which gives internet + phone use. Does anyone know if I will be able to insert a new SIM during my forthcoming trip to the UK or if the 'phone is locked in some way? I was hoping to obtain a 1 month SIM during my stay to allow both calls and internet during my time away from Thailand. If it is locked, would I be better to have it unlocked prior to leaving Thailand? I am hoping someone with some experience of this may share their experiences. Many thanks.

Best short term deal I found in the UK was from Three.

Get a PAYG sim and put £15 pound credit on. Then choose their '£15 all you can eat data addon'.

For that you get 30 days of totally unlimited 3G internet use plus 300 minutes talk time and 3000 texts valid for those 30 days.

If you're there for a lot longer you can put another £15 credit on and repeat or if for just a few days they do a £5 data (or talk time) package as well. And no long term contracts to sign up for.

• Like 1

Get a PAYG sim and put £15 pound credit on. Then choose their '£15 all you can eat data addon'.

For that you get 30 days of totally unlimited 3G internet use plus 300 minutes talk time and 3000 texts valid for those 30 days.

If you're there for a lot longer you can put another £15 credit on and repeat or if for just a few days they do a £5 data (or talk time) package as well. And no long term contracts to sign up for.

Don't 3 sims only work in 3 phones? or has that changed?

Don't 3 sims only work in 3 phones? or has that changed?

No I always use a 3 sim I'm my Thai bought Samsung Note. Great deal for 15 quid!