Non-Imm B, 1 Yr. Multi-Entry From Penang

Just got back from Penang on my 15 month renewal. All my docs were in order and it all went smoothly. I used Jim (Jim's Place) to submit the docs. You need to have an agent, since the Firefly flight back to Phuket departs at 1405. Picked up my PP w/ new visa at 1130, so no worries.

Stayed at the Cititel, which I booked on Agoda and was OK. Easy walking distance to Jim's and many Nasi Kandar shops around. Very tasty.

Well done on getting one there, I though they had stopped doing them in Penang, which agent did you use?

Google Jim's Place Penang and you will find it. He's been doing it for a long time and knows the ropes. He's on Chulia St., just down on the right from the Odeon Cinema and nearby Banana Boutique Hotel. His website is pretty much rubbish, but he will reply to email. He charged me an extra RM60 for a fee and another RM60 to get my PP back early. Visa fee was standard RM550 for 1 year multi entry.

thanks;

we are planning a trip down next month and really don't want to drive again and figure I only save about 4,000 baht for two of us vs flying.

MY gf just got he r1 year W/P so have all paperwork but she does not qualify for the extension ( or so say the Lawyers that did her wp)

The van/visa trips are 4,000 each so that's 8,000 and ur stuck in a van for 12 hours each way or so.

driving cost me last time about 9,000 ( gas.insurance for car, tolls, hotel, food) as we stay 2 nights in Penang an than stop at Hat yai coming back for a night

I have written Jim.

phuketrichard,

My company was established around 7 years ago and I have had a WP ever since. Cap is 5 mill. I always thought it was 2 mill for a WP, but I think I saw 3 mill last year. It was on the internet, so it cannot be 100% trusted.

I used Firefly and the flight was BT 6,500 RT. Cititel on Agoda was BT 4,000 for 2 nights w/o breakfast. Taxi from a/p to Cititel is fixed at 42 MR (TB 420) for 2 pax. Takes about 30 minutes.

Airport has been prettied up, but is not 100% finished. 80 - 90% complete, but still nice. Currency exchange only available upstairs after you arrive. Rate was 10 TB / 1 MR, which is OK. Rate at PIA was 10.3, which is worse. They didn't have any MR anyway.

can u tell me please, how much paid up capital did ur company have to get the 1 year multi B visa? Anyone know the min required?

For a Work Permit it's 2 Million Capitalization or One if you are Married to Thai, Penang until recently were asking for 8 Million, but the new Consul seems to be more relaxed.

Strictly speaking the Paid up Capital Requirement is for the WP and there is no formal Paid up Capital Requirement for the One year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa.

See this MFA Link for the formal requirements. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

great Thanks!!!

I was in touch with Jim by Phone ( he is in Thailand till tomorrow) and says to drop by an he can assist. :-)

Been told to bring original W/P as well. do u submit that with the papers an passport for the visa?

-

Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this
letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to
submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers
Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel.
02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her
respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of
Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where
applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

I assume if u have ur W/P you do not need submit the form WP3??

Edited by phuketrichard

just issued April 14th 2013 valid for 1 year should be enough!! Capital is 5 mil paid up

Booking Firefly now for June 10th back 12th 403 myr!!!,

in March we stayed at the Minigood for 100MYR/night included a small breakfast but great location and nice people

Told me they can get the passport back to me by noon ( total extra charge 30 MYR) as they did in March when we went for her single non B

First time i have dealt with a w/p since i had one back in the 90's

thanks all

• 5 weeks later...