Direct Flights - Bangkok To Uk.

pop3

I am looking for a direct flight from Bangkok to the UK. Everything I see seems to stop off somewhere, looking over the forum the information I have seen is now mostly out of date. does anyone know of a direct flight to the UK as of May 2013 ? Thanks for any information you can provide.

For LHR

BR, TG, BA

BA 10 0 BKK 05/15/13 12:20 AM LHR 05/15/13 6:25 AM 744 Su,M,T,W,Th,Sa 93% / 12m F8 A7 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9
TG 910 0 BKK 05/15/13 1:10 AM LHR 05/15/13 7:15 AM 747 Daily 85% / 11m F0 A0 P0 C1 D1 J1 Z0 Y4 B4 M4 H4 Q4 T4 K4 S4 V4 W4
BR 67 0 BKK 05/15/13 12:50 PM LHR 05/15/13 7:15 PM 77W Daily 55% / 23m C9 J9 D4 K9 L9 T9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9
Edited by lomatopo

..... usually just pick the cheapest amongst them, normally Thai or EVA.

BA were selling one-year validity non-stop return tickets for a couple of months recently for from just over GBP500. I paid GBP558 for mine.

You wont be seeing prices like that from EVA or Thai any time soon, I think.

• Like 1

BA were selling one-year validity non-stop return tickets for a couple of months recently for from just over GBP500. I paid GBP558 for mine.

Thanks for that, when I`ve looked before I found BA to be the most expensive.

You did well, just came up with £ 882 for 2 flight dates I tried.

Departing from BKK?

Thanks for that, when I`ve looked before I found BA to be the most expensive.

You did well, just came up with £ 882 for 2 flight dates I tried.

GBP850+ is indeed the standard BA fare that seems to apply. These lower prices were specials for purchases made in March and April this year (possibly February also). They stopped selling them from May 1. I hope they will do the same promo next year.

I was very pleased to get that price for a direct flight which also undercuts all the one-stop flights like Emirates, Qatar, Swiss, Finnair and even all the usual budget carriers like Air India etc.

Departing from BKK?

No, LHR/BKK/LHR. I buy my tickets that way around because it usually results in a big saving.

I wasn't suggesting it as an option for the OP, just pointing out that BA aren't always the most expensive. The direct carriers seem to all go in for cartel price-fixing for ex-BKK flights anyway (there's a surprise!).

Next year, if these special prices arent available, I may well end up either paying GBP800+ for BA anyway. The likes of Qatar and Emirates and Swiss etc are showing prices well over GBP600 for flights from now on and this makes BA's GBP800 for a direct flight look quite reasonable.

Another likely solution would be taking a flight like AMS/BKK/AMS and adding on a short hop LHR/AMS/LHR ticket to save the UK air passenger duty which has reached totally absurd levels.

Thank you very much for the information, I'm going over it now, Thing is
it all seems to be Heathrow ? unless Ive missed it there is nothing I
can see direct to Gatwick or anywhere north England ?

Departing from BKK?

No, LHR/BKK/LHR. I buy my tickets that way around because it usually results in a big saving.

I wasn't suggesting it as an option for the OP, just pointing out that BA aren't always the most expensive. The direct carriers seem to all go in for cartel price-fixing for ex-BKK flights anyway (there's a surprise!).

Next year, if these special prices arent available, I may well end up either paying GBP800+ for BA anyway. The likes of Qatar and Emirates and Swiss etc are showing prices well over GBP600 for flights from now on and this makes BA's GBP800 for a direct flight look quite reasonable.

Another likely solution would be taking a flight like AMS/BKK/AMS and adding on a short hop LHR/AMS/LHR ticket to save the UK air passenger duty which has reached totally absurd levels.

Hmmmm smile.png

This thread is titled:-

Direct Flights - Bangkok To Uk

Thank you very much for the information, I'm going over it now, Thing is

it all seems to be Heathrow ? unless Ive missed it there is nothing I

can see direct to Gatwick or anywhere north England ?

No one flies direct from Gatwick to BKK that I'm aware of.

If you want to go from Gatwick you need Emirates (1-stop), and if you want to go from other UK airports then you are also looking at at least one stop, normally at some hub in Europe like AMS, or LHR of course.

Sorry to be pedantic, however, even if you're flight has a stopover it is still technically a direct flight.

Non-stop flights are what you're really after..

Correct - 'Direct' is commonly misused - from Wikipedia:

A direct flight in the aviation industry is any flight between two points by an airline with no change in flight numbers, which may include a stop over at an intermediate point.[1] The stop over may either be to get new passengers (or allow some to disembark) or a mere technical stop over (i.e. for refuelling purposes only). These are often confused with non-stop flights, which are flights involving no intermediate stops.[2] When there is a change in flight number, the subsequent flight is referred to as a connecting flight.

It seemed obvious the OP was looking for direct, non-stop flights as he said, "Everything I see seems to stop off somewhere".

I didn't see any through flights (direct, with one or more stops, same flight number, but with a potential change of gauge) for BKK-LON.

One can use LON in some GDSes/search engines; LON includes LHR, LCY, LGW, LTN, STN.

I did not see any direct, non-stops to MAN; there are obviously one-stops to MAN, and probably several other somewhere in "north England".

• Like 1

direct flights means you won't make change of plane basically, on some routes a refuel touchdown or take more pax is made and if you continue on same plane then it is considered direct.

Yep no direct flights from UK other than Heathrow to Bangkok now?

Did anyone ever fly with Phuket Air when they took on 747 from China/KLM, they were direct aswell from Gatwick if I remember correctly?

Edited by enyaw

Departing from BKK?

Exactly.......!!

It seemed obvious the OP was looking for direct, non-stop flights as he said, "Everything I see seems to stop off somewhere".

I didn't see any through flights (direct, with one or more stops, same flight number, but with a potential change of gauge) for BKK-LON.

One can use LON in some GDSes/search engines; LON includes LHR, LCY, LGW, LTN, STN.

I did not see any direct, non-stops to MAN; there are obviously one-stops to MAN, and probably several other somewhere in "north England".

Last one that I can remember using was in fact Eva out of Gatwick in about 1993 which stopped in Vienna. A direct flight with a transit stop with no flight number change.