Khanom Long-Term

mikebike

Hello. My wife and I are interested in renting a house in Khanom. We have spent some time there looking but not found much... We are wondering if anyone in the area know of any beach houses for rent. We have been in Phuket for seven years and now find it too busy. Ideally we are looking for a two bedroom house on the beach with 10 metres to the next house (don't want to open a window and be able to reach out and touch a neighbour!). If the ideal house is not available we will consider anything. We would rent for at least a year starting anywhere between 15 June and 15 October 2013. Thank-you in advance for any help you have to offer.

I live in Sichon (you might have guessed that) which is 30 kilometers away from Khanom and I think that if you haven't been able to find something suitable then I doubt that you will to be honest as the availability is not massive due to Khanom not being a tourst area (yet).

Sorry I can't be of any more help in your quest.

@steve - well, at least we have time on our side! We will make regular trips to Khanom to look and speak to locals ourselves, and have one good Thai family looking for us as well. I think we will find something!

I'm surprised you haven't found anything !!

We live just down the road toward Surat, actually got married in Khanom.

Often go there for a bike ride and have seen several house for rent signs on each trip. To be fair we didn't go to look at any houses properly but sure there must be a few.

I like it there, some good places to eat, from local markets to great pizza at AAVA resort :)

There are a handful of other farang around so should be a good move I think..

Keep us posted on your findings.

I know of two beachfront houses (foreign owned) for rent on Pak duat beach about 40 km south of khanom, they are both fully furnished and on a beautiful beach. If you are interested PM me your details and I will pass the details to the falang (neighbour) who is looking after them whilst the owners are back home.

• 2 weeks later...

We found a number of suitable houses in different price ranges (up to about 20,000 b/m), but picked an 'entry level' one bedroom beach house near Jam Bay. Less than 6000 baht/month, city water, internet, unfurnished (we have plenty of furniture) and if it turns out we don't like it we can upgrade or move elsewhere...

post-30101-0-15182700-1370849238_thumb.j

post-30101-0-10330200-1370849264_thumb.j

post-30101-0-28362300-1370849372_thumb.j

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

Hi Mike

Where u find your new home??

Nice to hear that, Welcome!!!

When u move to here???

Cheers

Miki

Near Jam Bay, Miki. We take possession of the house July 1 and will be back and forth until August 16 when our term is finished in Phuket. After Aug 16 we are fully Khanom residents!

Great news!!!!!

Welcome to Khanom!!!

House looks lovely, i think i know that property.

I will go soon visit in Finland and come back to Khanom end of july.

Restaurant will be open again in middle of august.

Come to say hi on construction site if u are in neighbour hoods

See ya!!!

• 1 month later...

We found a number of suitable houses in different price ranges (up to about 20,000 b/m), but picked an 'entry level' one bedroom beach house near Jam Bay. Less than 6000 baht/month, city water, internet, unfurnished (we have plenty of furniture) and if it turns out we don't like it we can upgrade or move elsewhere...

Mike did you find anything similar in that price range- I am looking for 3 month rent until my house finished.

Mike did you find anything similar in that price range- I am looking for 3 month rent until my house finished.

Hi Steve. Yeah there are a lot of properties available from 6,000 to 15,000 per month, depending on what you are looking for. We found it best to troll the beach road (or other suitable sois) for phone numbers and call (online availability sucks). Best to have a native Thai language speaker with you and making the calls. Good luck!

Edited by mikebike