Ford Ecosport Release?

Hi

Any information on the release dates of the Ford EcoSport in Thailand?

Looks like a nice size for around town with a bit more ground clearance for the floods and pot holes!

Thanks

Colin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw it at the motor show and was interested. I think it's launching in Indonesia first. They said they expected it to be in indonesia next year. I would think Thailand would be similar. 2013 is definitely out though.

I saw it at the motor show and was interested. I think it's launching in Indonesia first. They said they expected it to be in indonesia next year. I would think Thailand would be similar. 2013 is definitely out though.

It was released in India back in March, and will be officially released this year by Ford TH, but as noted don't expect deliveries until Q1 2014 and even then it will be a trickle as Ford AU and Ford ID will also be launching TH sourced units at that time.

Does anyone have an idea on the price?

Ford haven't made any announcements, but analysts expect it to only have a very small price premium (30-60K) over corresponding Fiesta models.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh.. a 1l engine.. I don't think so....

Many tests...... one quotes of the Ford Focus '-the 1.0-liter is equal or superior to the 1.6 in every way. The only remaining task is to convince customers that bigger isn’t always better.'

No idea about Ford, but did read the other day the VW Golf test.......... 1.6 Golf is 110 BHP........ the 1.0 Turbocharged Golf is 155 BHP

Here I have seen the 660 Turbo which goes very well indeed....... also Honda has a couple of 800 cc Turbo's I have seen here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Engine_of_the_Year

Look at the column for 2012 wink.png

There will also be a 1.5L naturally aspirated engine available in Thai models, of you want less power and less fuel efficiency.

http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/ieoty.php Have a read of the review tab ;)

Edited by IMHO

Makes me wonder if big engines are on there final days ? W16, V12, V8's........ something like the Citroen DS3 1.6 Turbocharged WRC works car is 315 BHP... F1 will be 1.6 Turbocharged next year.. Volvo have already done away with the 2.3 Turbo and now use the 1.6 Turbocharged engine as do many other makes. VW now has supercharger and Turbocharged engines.. [twin charged]

Will the 1.0 Turbocharged engines be the norm in a few years ? Japan has been using 660 cc engines in many models for years many with Turbocharged engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Engine_of_the_Year

Look at the column for 2012 wink.png

There will also be a 1.5L naturally aspirated engine available in Thai models, of you want less power and less fuel efficiency.

http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/ieoty.php Have a read of the review tab wink.png

Yeah, this looks like a winner at B segment prices! Here are some video reviews from India on the 1L. Not half bad I think. This could kick the crap out of the coming C segment? SUV models such as Mazda CX-5, if buyers can move down in size at half the price of the diesel CX-5.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCNOU_f-2dWxc

Wonder why Chevrolet caned the Trax for Thailand ? think it would have fitted in well with these new bread of small SUV's

Guess the Mazda CX-5 is a class above ? will have to wait for the Mazda CX-3, if it comes here..

Must agree the Ford Ecosport looks rather good and growing on me..

Wonder why Chevrolet caned the Trax for Thailand ? think it would have fitted in well with these new bread of small SUV's

Guess the Mazda CX-5 is a class above ? will have to wait for the Mazda CX-3, if it comes here..

Yeah, I'm wondering if the reason Ford has been so slow to release the new Escape (Kuga), if at all, is because nobody will buy that size SUV/Crossover in Thailand with the new Ecosport coming? Buyers in Thailand may be willing to downsize to the 1L turbo Ecosport which has all the Fiesta advantages ++. May be hard to justify spending 1.1-1.7M for a C class size like Escape or Mazda CX-5, when you get could a fully decked out Ecosport for 750-800k? Hard to beat for an in-town runabout for the ladies.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the reason Ford has been so slow to release the new Escape (Kuga), if at all, is because nobody will buy that size SUV/Crossover in Thailand with the new Ecosport coming? Buyers in Thailand may be willing to downsize to the 1L turbo Ecosport which has all the Fiesta advantages ++. May be hard to justify spending 1.1-1.7M for a C class size like Escape or Mazda CX-5, when you get could a fully decked out Ecosport for 750-800k? Hard to beat for an in-town runabout for the ladies.

Ford Asia-Pacific have announced that they will be sourcing their new Escapes/Kugas from the Valencia, Spain assembly plants, and there's been zero talk of it being assembled in Thailand for almost a year now - so it would appear it's off the cards for TH, at least for now.

The Ecosport is still a definite class below the Escape/Kuga though (in both size and positioning), and both will sold alongside each other in markets such as Australia, NZ, Singapore and Malaysia - along with the new Everest/Endeavour when it arrives next year...

Note that the Thai Fiesta will also be getting the 1.0L Ecoboost in a minor change later this year - but here's hoping they find a way to mate it to the Powershift auto before the TH launch though....

Thats a bit Sexist, being P.C. i object.cheesy.gif

Thats a bit Sexist, being P.C. i object.cheesy.gif

Actually, I think in some colors it would be fun for guys too. However, I did notice those two beefy Indian guys who reviewed it in one video were complaining their shoulders were almost touching. wub.png

The Ecosport official release is confirmed for November 2013, as is the Fiesta minor change.

Unable to confirm whether the 1.0L Ecoboost will be available with 6AT, but sources seemed "reasonably certain" it would.

As for the current Fiesta, Ford have 14K units to move before November's launch, and a runout promotion is being planned for Sept/Oct.

Makes me wonder if big engines are on there final days ? W16, V12, V8's........ something like the Citroen DS3 1.6 Turbocharged WRC works car is 315 BHP... F1 will be 1.6 Turbocharged next year.. Volvo have already done away with the 2.3 Turbo and now use the 1.6 Turbocharged engine as do many other makes. VW now has supercharger and Turbocharged engines.. [twin charged]

Will the 1.0 Turbocharged engines be the norm in a few years ? Japan has been using 660 cc engines in many models for years many with Turbocharged engines.

Yep, small is in - every Western mainstream manufacturer in the world is downsizing. Funnily enough, while the Japanese have had micro turbo engines for decades, they are now the ones falling behind.

Yeah, this looks like a winner at B segment prices! Here are some video reviews from India on the 1L. Not half bad I think. This could kick the crap out of the coming C segment? SUV models such as Mazda CX-5, if buyers can move down in size at half the price of the diesel CX-5.

Yep - I think it's definitely going to create waves in the crossover segment for sure. With this and the new Everest coming, I think it's strategically prudent that the Kuga/Escape has been back burnered/binned.

The Trax was all on for Thailand, then suddenly everyone stopped talking about it. Just like there was word the Captiva would be discontinued this year in TH, but yet here it is still selling a healthy number of units/month. It's probably the confusion caused by the Trailblazer's less than expected sales numbers, and the Captiva's unexpected willingness to die that the Trax is being reserved for a future decision.

It appears the only impending competition for the Ecosport will be the next-generation-Jazz based Honda mini SUV, expect towards the tail end of 2014.

This EcoBoost engine is really an awfully impressive achievement. I have at least one family member hoping the Ecosport 1L will be matched with the auto tranny, then we'll be placing an order.

While being the proud receiver of the International Car of the Year award is the top accolade for any auto manufacturer, being the creator and producer of the International Engine of the Year is nothing to sneeze at either. More impressively, Ford (NYSE:F) has now been the recipient of this award for the second consecutive year.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/the-humble-ecoboost-drives-ford-to-greatness.html/

Hard to believe for we old gearheads (petrolheads) who've owned massive engines that this thing fits in a carry-on suitcase!

628x410x1lopensuitcase628opt.jpg.pagespe

This EcoBoost engine is really an awfully impressive achievement. I have at least one family member hoping the Ecosport 1L will be matched with the auto tranny, then we'll be placing an order.

Even if it only comes in 1.5L 6AT, what competition does it have? ;)

My order was placed a few days ago :P

Even if it only comes in 1.5L 6AT, what competition does it have? wink.png

My order was placed a few days ago tongue.png

Hehe, does that mean the 18 year old gets an Ecosport for her b-day instead of a 1.7M CX-5? laugh.png Seriously, can one place an order now (those of us not insiders in the industry like yourself)? Yeah, the girlies in the families are going nuts over this cutie.

Even if it only comes in 1.5L 6AT, what competition does it have? wink.png

My order was placed a few days ago tongue.png

Hehe, does that mean the 18 year old gets an Ecosport for her b-day instead of a 1.7M CX-5? laugh.png Seriously, can one place an order now (those of us not insiders in the industry like yourself)? Yeah, the girlies in the families are going nuts over this cutie.

Indeed it does, but price vs the CX-5 wasn't really part of the criteria - After considering everything, the Ecosport is simply more appropriate as both a first car, and as a city runabout that will never have more than 4 waif-like girls in it :)

You might get some odd looks from the sale reps, but I'm pretty sure any Ford dealer would be happy to service your pre-booking - you might even get invited to the media drive event like my wife did (they had no idea at the time who she was) ;)

• Like 1