Ford Ecosport Release?

For those who suffer the ecosport problem with the seat belt alarm that I did - I watched the Ford mechanic disable it. He simply inserted and removed the seat belt from the buckle 5 times in succession, and the seat belt alarm was instantly deactivated lol.

Edited by Stradavarius37

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who suffer the ecosport problem with the seat belt alarm that I did - I watched the Ford mechanic disable it. He simply inserted and removed the seat belt from the buckle 5 times in succession, and the seat belt alarm was instantly deactivated lol.

I didn't have any problem with that, but I couldn't figure out how to put it in neutral and get the alarm to lock for double parking in Thailand. It turns out that lots of stuff is controlled by the electronic system, and it is very easy. Just press on the brake pedal & use the SYNC system.

Stopped by the dealer to change the red plates and they were very helpful in showing anything you don't understand. The owners manual doesn't help. This car is more high tech and quieter (solid-feeling) than I expected.

BTW, those driving lights are really cool for freeway use too. Cops never stop the car at cop stops for some reason.

Edited by keemapoot

I just don't see the point of buying a small SUV or hatch, and then filling it with a dirty great gas tank, or for that matter any size hatch....... the whole idea is to open the back put the back seats down and have a loading space.

If people must have gas why do the also need a full size petrol tank ? put the gas tank under the car a find a space for a much smaller petrol tank... seen a Mira and a Brio hatch, any room NO there is nothing left space wise in the hatch rear.

I just don't see the point of buying a small SUV or hatch, and then filling it with a dirty great gas tank, or for that matter any size hatch....... the whole idea is to open the back put the back seats down and have a loading space.

If people must have gas why do the also need a full size petrol tank ? put the gas tank under the car a find a space for a much smaller petrol tank... seen a Mira and a Brio hatch, any room NO there is nothing left space wise in the hatch rear.

Sent from iPad

Sent from iPad

There is no room under the car

post-7527-14027293739936_thumb.jpg

Sent from iPad

City driving I am getting 30mpg (8l/100km) and highway is 40mpg (6l/100km). I cannot complain about that. Just hit 1000km on the od.

The car is very satisfying to drive. The only complaint i could make is the cheap plastic feel of the door handles, when my right knee rests on it.

^That's a bogus claim. Our Ecosport sits for many days without being driven, and still starts right up. The only cars I can remember that being a concern with are older heavy electronic gadget cars before the technologies were perfected, such as older 7 series BMWs.

Wait a minute. I remember Yamaha Finos also have that problem, at least the one I had. biggrin.png

The battery on my Focus Sport + gave out after a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^That's a bogus claim. Our Ecosport sits for many days without being driven, and still starts right up. The only cars I can remember that being a concern with are older heavy electronic gadget cars before the technologies were perfected, such as older 7 series BMWs.

Wait a minute. I remember Yamaha Finos also have that problem, at least the one I had. biggrin.png

The battery on my Focus Sport + gave out after a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, crap battery life in Thailand is a well known story, usually 3 years. Usually the factory OEM batteries they fit are pretty good (my Ford Everest never needed a battery in the 4 years I kept it from new).

I keep a few cars, and on one of the cars I bought a cheapo 3K brand replacement battery, and found out the hard way that you have to keep topping up the battery water every month. That battery failed after a few months. I replaced it with another cheap 3k, and it has been great, but requires more attention to check the battery water levels often and topup. Better batteries and dry cell don't need that. I haven't checked the brand of the battery in the Ecosport, but will do so later and report back.

• Like 1

Hi Guys/ owners - Ford Ecosport

couple of questions!

What fuel are you running on? which is best for power/consumption? do you think? (or what fuel can the Ecosport run on).

Also what about service schedule? Ford informed me 1st service i.e: 9 months/15,000 kilos - have you bothered to change your oil or will you - after running in (about 1,500 kilos) or what? what do you suggest? seems a long time after bedding in a new engine (9 months).

cheers

Thanks

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

couple of questions!

What fuel are you running on? which is best for power/consumption? do you think? (or what fuel can the Ecosport run on).

Also what about service schedule? Ford informed me 1st service i.e: 9 months/15,000 kilos - have you bothered to change your oil or will you - after running in (about 1,500 kilos) or what? what do you suggest? seems a long time after bedding in a new engine (9 months).

cheers

Thanks

I asked that question to the salesman and he told me 95, 91 or E20 would be ok. But I use 95 Gasohol in mine. I think the days of changing the oil after the first 2,000km is over, especially with the new synthetic oils they are using. I was told to bring in for servicing at 9 months, and that is my plan.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

couple of questions!

cheers

Thanks

I asked that question to the salesman and he told me 95, 91 or E20 would be ok. But I use 95 Gasohol in mine. I think the days of changing the oil after the first 2,000km is over, especially with the new synthetic oils they are using. I was told to bring in for servicing at 9 months, and that is my plan.

I've tried full tanks of both 91 and E20, and found the fuel economy is about the same on both, so no reason to use more expensive 91 really. However, I did feel a bit more snappy acceleration with 91. I am getting 8.4/100 on mostly highway driving, but a full tank of E20 costs about 200 Baht less than 91. I haven't tried 95.

Yeah, the days of changing oil like a madman are over with these new engines, and it's best to just do the service according to the manufacturer's recommendations.

Another member had a question about the battery, and I tried to discover the brand, but there is some kind of contraption box on top of the battery locked down, so I'm not motivated enough to remove it.