Taking My Lao Fiancëe To The Beach In Thailand, Where Best To Go ?

In two weeks I like to take my fiancëe from Laos for a beach 'honeymoon' in Thailand, +/- 5 days. She has never seen the sea in her life so it's very exiting for her, and it should be a nice place, prefer with clear blue water. (if there is any left around Thailand)

Also would like to make a jetski ride but don't wanna take her to the stinking Pattaya and neither to Pukeket. Jetski and clear waters might be an impossible combination because this is not the Philippines. Did a tourist trip at Koh Pipi 15 years ago, boattrip under the rocks was nice, but I hated the other tourist stuff and silly attractions like the birdnest cave and group snorkling etc. Grouptours with tourists are disgusting.

Was thinking of Koh Chang. A jetski ride on the tourist site and clear water and a clean quiet, beach on the other side, is that possible ? How about Huahin ? last time I was in Huahin there were no jetski's. I liked that place especially few kilomers south there were some nice quiet beaches but that's more then 10 years ago.

Extra information, we will travel by train from Chiangmai to Bangkok, then/back by air from-to..?..

Some goot suggestions are very welcome! Thanks.

Edited by rubberduck

Try googling peter pan resort koh kood, i went there on honeymoon 7 years ago, it was quiet no roads only access by boat then. Lovely an not spoilt, saying that it could now be very different, fly to trat and they meet u from there

Don't write off Pattaya too quickly. It is a vibrant city and not just devoted to sex tourism. Koh Larn island is just a short, inexpensive ferry trip away. If you visit Koh Karn Island it is like a little oasis with relatively clean beaches and places to swim. And, there is lots of shopping and places to eat away from the obvious bar scene. And, there are some lovely beaches about 30 km south of Pattaya near Sattahip and close to the Naval base. There will be people but it won't be crowded. I prefer the Andaman Sea to the gulf of Thailand because I think the sea life is a bit more interesting. However, the Pattaya area is much cheaper and easier to find reasonably inexpensive accommodation. Koh Chang is nice enough but there is not much to do, and transportation is limited. Samui and Phuket are too touristy and over priced unless you are willing to really search around.

Koh Chang, Koh Larn and Koh Kood.... all good 'local' suggestions without going to the deep south. Having said that, Sichon beach in NST would be closer to the idyllic, comparatively clean and tourist-free beach scene. But why on earth <deleted> all that up with a bloody jet ski??!!!

I hope you aren't averse to Russians as most TV'ers seem to be.

Please do not rent a jet ski. Tourists that rent them make a statement that they are selfish and don't care about the environment. The jets skis are found in heavily congested tourist areas and are associated with organized crime. Is this really the responsible thing to do, particularly if you do not have much experience with their operation? Are you prepared to run the risk of being ripped off?

Hua Hin has some of the nicest beaches in Thailand for quiet and cleanliness. In particular, the beach that runs alongside the military hospital and rehabilitation center is excellent. It is a 20 minute bike ride out of the city center. Pranburi also offers up some excellent beaches.

Having spent too much time on Phuket, I agree with your decision to give it a pass. I spent a couple weeks in Krabi a couple months back Tthe beaches on the islands are beautiful with Railay considered one of the best in Thailand. Ok, but it was hot and the sun was very strong with no shade to speak of. I was burnt very quickly and even my Thai crew from Issan were burned to a crisp despite everyone using sun block.

Last month I drove from Korat to Krabi, and stopped in Huahin on the way down for the night. Wasn't too nice where we were and the beach was a bit grotty and crowded.

Krabi was OK and it served its purpose for our sea kayaking around.

On the way back we stayed in Chumphon a few hours south of Huahin... Boy this was a delight. We loved it, by far the best beach I have been on in Thailand and I have been on a few.

Just google 'the pirate terrace' That is around the central part of this 8KM long pristine beach and does good pizza and coffees if you get peckish.

Here is a snap of the beach, it was just as the photo, almost deserted and that was in the mid afternoon. Also, plenty of places to eat and drink, and the pace is lazy and slow with hardly any people about, there are a handful of farangs, mostly divers and really laid back, just like the place.

rubon19.jpg

I think the beach was called thung wua laen, I think it is one of Los best kept secrets.

We are going back south in a few weeks and this time we will stay there for 4 days.

Love it.

Ill second that Chumpon is great. Local islands have coral just ask a fisherman to take you there for the day, we did and had a whole iskand to ourselves hix wife even made us some lunch.

When are you planning on taking this trip?

You've got some great recommendations here. I'm hoping to visit that beach in Chumpron in the next month or so. Can't wait.

There are quite a few nice places south of Hua Hin. As you mentioned, it's not like the Philippines. Unless you head over to Phuket or out to Samui or one of the islands near there. Even then, these places are located in and around the bay of Thailand. The water will never be as clear as in the PI. Unfortunately. But they are still beautiful.

Well, the Andaman is essentially closed this time of year AND you have that storm brewing as well.

Sad to say, Andaman off limits.

No way to Pattaya, Samed and Samui for me. Phangan, Tao also no for honeymoon for me. Phuket would give you evening sunsets but youd have to deal with all the nonsense.

Koh Kood might fill the bill. Both KK and Koh Mak I hear have tiny pricey resorts good for honeymoon.

For me it is always Khao Lak, because NO jet-skies there.

Also you should keep in mind, that right now we are into the rainy season, which is not the best time to go to the west coast.

I would recommend Koh Tao!

I don't remember jet skis rentals on Koh Chang either

Do you not want to go down south at all? Head to Koh Pha-Ngan (non full-moon) it's a lovely looking island, some things to do but relaxing also, some good value places and hardly any P4P type shennanigans on most of the beaches

If you do make the mistake of going to Phangan, stay away from Hadd Drin.

Go to the West beaches or try an old fave area of mine called Haad Khom, try the bungalow setup on hill that has its own little cove and beach (although pics Ive seen had building in the back). Been 15yrs, but was very quiet and lovely.

Reluctant to mention Phayam again due to weather. Bet some great deals there.