Cable Internet Providers

avander

Can I please have some feedback and recommendations on cable TV & Internet providers in the Khao Talo area. Moving there soon and looking to set up cabling and access. Also interested in reliable and honest cabling contractors and providers in the area.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I live around NuenPlabWan, am just last month I had the same problem as you have now smile.png

I have now True internet through cable, and I am very happy with them! I went to their store (a couple a doors down from Tucom, on Pattaya Tai, same side); was helped very quickly (bring passport!); made on appointment for the guys to come by on Monday (it was Fri when I was in the shop)(later I got an sms, if Sun was ok)(Sat morning I got a call from technican, if he could come now as he was in the neighbourhood.... yes, sure, and 2 hours later I had internet!) Great service!

My advice to you: check what your neighbours have and if they are happy with the service. Maybe you can do a package deal (with True) as you want TV as well.

Good Luck! smile.png

Khao Talo area?

Apart from True you may want to try TMN.

80 somewhat channels in their standard package (THB 300-THB 350 per month)

Can be extended with another 14 channels (especially the sports-channels) for a one time investment of THB 6000 for a TMN-box.

The office can be found in Soi Khao Talo near the Booze Cafe just past the entrance of Aekmongkol IV and opposite the "Khao Talo Market"

Quality is pretty good with some HD-channels and service is quick and accurate.

I'm not sure whether TMN offers internet, but a quick visit to the visit will give you an answer.

Good luck with your move

Edited by joepattaya1961

Khao Talo area?

Can be extended with another 14 channels (especially the sports-channels) for a one time investment of THB 6000 for a TMN-box.

The office can be found in Soi Khao Talo near the Booze Cafe just past the entrance of Aekmongkol IV and opposite the "Khao Talo Market"

I'm not sure whether TMN offers internet, but a quick visit to the visit will give you an answer.

Good luck with your move

I live around NuenPlabWan, am just last month I had the same problem as you have now smile.png

I have now True internet through cable, and I am very happy with them! I went to their store (a couple a doors down from Tucom, on Pattaya Tai, same side); was helped very quickly (bring passport!); made on appointment for the guys to come by on Monday (it was Fri when I was in the shop)(later I got an sms, if Sun was ok)(Sat morning I got a call from technican, if he could come now as he was in the neighbourhood.... yes, sure, and 2 hours later I had internet!) Great service!

My advice to you: check what your neighbours have and if they are happy with the service. Maybe you can do a package deal (with True) as you want TV as well.

Good Luck! smile.png

Jules and Joe,

Thanks for the info. A grea tidea to check out the neighbours! I will check out both TMN and True once we get there.

I have seen some very negative feedback elsewhere on Thaivisa regarding True who also seem to be quite expensive (by Thai standards).

Thanks again. coffee1.gif

Khao Talo area?

Good luck with your move

>I live around NuenPlabWan, am just last month I had the same problem as you have now smile.png

Good Luck! smile.png

Jules and Joe,

Thanks for the info. A grea tidea to check out the neighbours! I will check out both TMN and True once we get there.

I have seen some very negative feedback elsewhere on Thaivisa regarding True who also seem to be quite expensive (by Thai standards).

Thanks again. coffee1.gif

Avander,

Just FYI... I just got the bill (for the first time) from True.

1 months for Ultra Hi-Speed Int 12M/1.2M cost 599 THB + VAT 7%

Very acceptable for me, as the speeds are good and almost 100% up-time wink.png

When I lived in that area I used Banglamung cable. The TV programming was crap but the internet and service was good. Rarely had a problem but when I did they would have a tech out the same day.

Jules,

Maybe True is good in this area. The price seems ok too. I gather this is just for cable internet with no cable TV or is that included?

It may also explain the negative comments I saw which appeared to be mainly their subscription sat tv service..

Cheers

Andrew

I think the B599 TrueVisons package is internet only. However, starting at the B899 level, they include some cable TV channels. I have the B899 plan (15Mbps/1Mbps DOCSIS internet) that includes the Knowledge Package of CATV channels. Pretty basic. The more expensive DOCSIS plans include better CATV packages: http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/packagedetail/234/พิเศษเซ็ตสุดคุ้ม_15_Mbps.แค่_899_บาท_เดือน_ชมฟรีทรูวิชั่นส์_72_ช่อง

Avander,

Just FYI... I just got the bill (for the first time) from True.

1 months for Ultra Hi-Speed Int 12M/1.2M cost 599 THB + VAT 7%

Very acceptable for me, as the speeds are good and almost 100% up-time wink.png

I'll be moving to that (approx) area in a few months. I'd be very interested to know what speeds you are getting outside of Thailand and whether or not you can stream video satisfactorily using the 12M True service. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think that they cache http://testmy.net/download - I'd be very grateful if you (or others in the area) could give me an indication of the speeds you are getting.

I'm not moving until August or thereabouts myself. I'm currently on an ADSL2+ connection here in Sydney and I download most of my movies and use wifi to stream to the TV. My wife watches Seesantv and no problems from ADSL streaming over wifi in the house to a Notebook.

Andrew

Jules,

Maybe True is good in this area. The price seems ok too. I gather this is just for cable internet with no cable TV or is that included?

It may also explain the negative comments I saw which appeared to be mainly their subscription sat tv service..

Cheers

Andrew

Yep, just for cable internet. TV not included...