Move Carefully On Boosting Military Ties With China

I see China as a country who does a lot of good in the world producing cost effective products that we all use.  I haven't observed the Chinese government threatening others as the North Korean government does.  U.S. may need to move some balance of forces to the Philippines and other locations from Japan due to the Japanese nuclear radiation problems and probability for even worse earthquakes.  I don't think its due to any military problems with the Chinese.  I don't think it would hurt for Thailand to keep open the lines of communications with the Chinese including military forces.

I am sorry to reply to you but imust ask do you sleep 24 hours per day or are you on really severe medication?

China not threatening? You dont have a tv ears or eyes? The ONLY reason china brought nth korea under control was they dont need a problem. Their people are travelling more.. they have money moreso now.. and a problem the government doesnt stop would mean 1 billion angry people who are wanting a better life and SCREW the party line would overthrow the power brokers in beijing.

Secondly if you can stay awake long enough... taiwan..philipines.. vietnam.. gulf of thailand and even their own hong kong territoriesand little no hoper pacific island nations all feel the MIGHT of chinese agression and assertiveness.

Now please spare s the crap about china.

The USA may not be the nicest partner but i tjink most of the world would want their offerings... as is proven time and time again.

Their products..lifestyle and so forth.

Now please change your medication

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that means Thailand will no longer be getting front line aircraft fighters.

Thailand gets its latest fighter aircraft from Sweden, not the US

Nope, right now flying American F-16A/B planes.... Hahaha, yeah I forgot about the about the fabulous frozen chicken for Gripen fighter jets deal. Did that actually come to pass ?? I thought that was just a sound bite for the press.

From Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Air_Force

Squadron Wing Equipment RTAF Base Notes

201 Helicopter Sqn Wing 2 S-92/Bell 412 Khok Ka Thiem Royal Guard

203 Helicopter Sqn Wing 2 UH-1H Khok Ka Thiem

102 Fighter Sqn Wing 1 F-16A/B ADF Korat

103 Fighter Sqn Wing 1 F-16A/B Korat

As I said, the most recent planes its bought are Swedish, not American.

The idea only America makes capable fighter planes in this day and age is ludicrous frankly.

I haven't observed the Chinese government threatening others as the North Korean government does.

No one threatens others like the North Korean government, except when one considers Taiwan. Still not quite in the same league even there, though there are a lot of Mainland China rockets pointing at Taiwan. And then we have Chinese attempted bullying of, and here's a list: Vietnam, Philippines, S.Korea and Japan. (yes I am well aware of the history of Japan in the region so please don't trot out that excuse for China) Edited by yoshiwara

Well I guess if China ever makes a serious move to take over another country then you should get together and have World War III with them, but I don't see it happening, if we just learn to get along with our neighbors, knowing that nothing & no country is perfect.

China has its own internal problems with great income disparity between the rich and poor. It has the brains and productive capacity to solve its problems over time, so they don't need to take over their neighbors & take their wealth as the Europeans did centuries ago. One must always be on guard and not too trusting, but the lines of communication should be open as China is no North Korea and trade can be beneficial to both countries with great opportunities to advance people everywhere thorough negotiation and cooperation without going to war.

Edited by ronz28