Used Car Dealer In Pattaya Area

balo

Where can I find a car dealer that sell used cars with a warranty .

200-300k cars that looks like almost new cant be that hard to find ?

Have you checked the dealers on Sukhumvit ?

No I am not familiar with the area , if you give me any names I will call them .

They're up and down the entire length of Suk. From the one near Makro all the way the road.

Be careful with ones that were around during the floods. Quite common for them to have had rush fix ups and then dumped on lots around here.

Actually its almost impossible to buy newish cars for 200 to 300k. Check out the classifieds site and one2car.com is a good one as well. You can select on the Pattaya area as well but what kind of car are you after? For 300k you can get a old Vios or a old Jazz and with old i mean 2005 and then you should be lucky if you can get any at that price.

Perhaps you should read a bit more on the motor forum here on TV, there are a lot of threads going on why the prices of 2nd hand cars are that high . Enjoy your search smile.png

Thanks , I think I want to buy a used Vios , theres plenty of them around.

I was hoping to find a 2008-2009 model , I can pay up to 350k .

Thanks , I think I want to buy a used Vios , theres plenty of them around.

I was hoping to find a 2008-2009 model , I can pay up to 350k .

Happy hunting... not impossible but

Maybe get a high km or rough base model with manual...

If you want Auto + ABS and Airbags then your looking at a 2003/4 model..

Many models even brand new 2013 have NO safety futures here..

Something like this is above your price range and it's a 2003 !! http://www.one2car.com/TOYOTA_SOLUNA/C04130103

More like the price for the year but you need like another 200,000 baht. http://www.one2car.com/TOYOTA_SOLUNA/D23130580

Here in Thailand a 1 year old Toyota or for that matter Honda will have lost maybe 30,000 baht, may just as well buy brand new.. or look at a non Toyota or Honda car..

Just an idea, same sort of car + 2013 http://www.one2car.com/NISSAN_ALMERA/J09120411

Same sort of size NON Thai built 2012 http://www.one2car.com/PROTON_SAGA/C25130140

Yes I wasn't expecting a used car to cost the same here than in Europe. ... I will not pay 350k for a 2004 model thats for sure.

There must be a lot of used cars around , so why do the owners not drop their prices ?

So maybe I will have a look at the new Nissan models instead . Nissan March 2013 model is 388000 baht.

There must be a lot of used cars around , so why do the owners not drop their prices ?

Private sales and the odd places that sell cars for the owners, you do see the prices drop........ many/most car tents buy the car or have taken them as part exchange so there is not a lot of margin

I have seen, car bought for 350.000, the tent has made a full valet, maybe done a few minor repairs, they sell for 400,000, after a while they must get another years road tax, they do all the transfer of paperwork, and every day the car is washed, I have seen the same car in a tent for years.. odd time have seen a car sat for years being reduced a bit, also have seen a car 3 years on the price has gone up !!

Just down the road in the next Village is a Car Wash place she sells cars for the customers, charge 20,000 baht...... she speaks good English and I often talk with her, in a Tent a car at say 300,000 baht she has for sale at 225.000, so better to buy at this place because there is movement on price offer 200,000 she will phone the owner.. She rarely has a car there for more than 10 days before it is sold..

You don't "Call" the dealerships along Sukhumvit (unless you speak fluent Thai and can buy a vehicle without seeing it), you GO to the dealerships and look first.

There must be a lot of used cars around , so why do the owners not drop their prices ?   

Private sales and the odd places that sell cars for the owners, you do see the prices drop........ many/most car tents buy the car or have taken them as part exchange so there is not a lot of margin 

I have seen, car bought for 350.000, the tent has made a full valet, maybe done a few minor repairs, they sell for 400,000, after a while they must get another years road tax, they do all the transfer of paperwork, and every day the car is washed, I have seen the same car in a tent for years.. odd time have seen a car sat for years being reduced a bit, also have seen a car 3 years on the price has gone up !!

Just down the road in the next Village is a Car Wash place she sells cars for the customers, charge 20,000 baht...... she speaks good English and I often talk with her,  in a Tent a car at say 300,000 baht she has for sale at 225.000, so better to buy at this place because there is movement on price offer 200,000 she will phone the owner.. She rarely has a car there for more than 10 days before it is sold.. 

I would love more info on this place as I have a car I'm trying to sell as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

I would love more info on this place as I have a car I'm trying to sell as well.

Think you will find many such places, have you seen a car or 3 For Sale, maybe outside a house, on side of road, entrance to a Project ? even some small 'tent' type traders sell on commission and do not buy the cars they sell..

Think you will find many such places, have you seen a car or 3 For Sale, maybe outside a house, on side of road, entrance to a Project ? even some small 'tent' type traders sell on commission and do not buy the cars they sell..

I have seen cars parked outside on the road in the sun with for sale signs but I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in having the car parked under a tent and outside of the sun on a lot that is known for selling cars. You mentioned such a place with a women that does this and I would like to know how to find this women and her lot. You mentioned it's down the road in the next village. I have asked you to be more specific. Perhaps by doing so you will help those looking to buy and sell find a solution.

Thanks for your help on this matter.

I have seen cars parked outside on the road in the sun with for sale signs but I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in having the car parked under a tent and outside of the sun on a lot that is known for selling cars. You mentioned such a place with a women that does this and I would like to know how to find this women and her lot. You mentioned it's down the road in the next village. I have asked you to be more specific. Perhaps by doing so you will help those looking to buy and sell find a solution.

I can send her phone number privately but this is NOT anywhere near you.. over 50 km north west of BKK

That is why I said 'think you will find many such places'

P.S. Will be away untill Friday

I can send her phone number privately but this is NOT anywhere near you.. over 50 km north west of BKK

That is why I said 'think you will find many such places'

P.S. Will be away untill Friday

Oh I just assumed it was near Pattaya. Well, thank you anyways. I will look around for others offering this same service. Like I said, I have seen empty dirt lots on the road that folks park their cars for sale on but I didn't want to leave the car outside in the sun.

I wouldn't consider a second hand car in Thailand at the crazy prices they ask. For 390-430,000 you can buy a brand new car with a warranty.

up to a point yes, if you can fit or fold yourself into a matchbox..

On the other hand you can buy a bigger luxury car, 1 owner for this price unmarked, with everything, but 10 years old, buy new would cost 4 - 5 million...