Shangrila Buffet International - Wednesday

LawrenceChee

Went back there for a gathering of 6 adults and it was international night

The choices was sad and it will take me a lot to convince me to return for a meal

Service was good and the servers had great attitude

The selections was sad for a Shangrila Hotel.

2 soups & bad bread selection

Sushi counter & Salad

Live Cooking Pizza & Spagetthi Station which was poorly prepared. noodles were too dry and tasteless hard cheese made it worse

3 Roasts at bad temperature , heating lamps were too close to the meats and it cause the meat to harden

Main dishes was nothing to comment or rave about

Won't be back unfortunately.

really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Shangri La. It has been over a year since we have been there for a buffet. But the last time we were there it was very good. Another one of your posts was about a Chinese restaurant which you considered to be one of the best in Chiang Mai. Its the one near highway 118 & highway 11. Since your recommendation we have been there 3 times and consider it the BEST for Chinese in Chiang Mai.

Gday market trader

Unfortunately this happens often in the hotel business as they rotate the executive chefs and yes the quality dips or increases depending on the calibre

For the next few months I will not be back as there are other choices

Glad to hear u enjoy Jia Tong Heng...I just went there on Saturday with a family party of 15 adults and the price was great at $3000 baht for the set menu at a private room

10 dishes of different variety of meats and included 2 boiled soups and included a steamed snapper, all the usual Chinese condiments and beverages were there

Outstanding value for business entertainment or just a large group of friends / family as it just 150 baht a head.

Enjoy !

Gday market trader

Unfortunately this happens often in the hotel business as they rotate the executive chefs and yes the quality dips or increases depending on the calibre

For the next few months I will not be back as there are other choices

Glad to hear u enjoy Jia Tong Heng...I just went there on Saturday with a family party of 15 adults and the price was great at $3000 baht for the set menu at a private room

10 dishes of different variety of meats and included 2 boiled soups and included a steamed snapper, all the usual Chinese condiments and beverages were there

Outstanding value for business entertainment or just a large group of friends / family as it just 150 baht a head.

Enjoy !

Wow, only $3,000......a bargain! biggrin.png

Just kidding I did see baht written after it.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Markettrader says "a Chinese restaurant which you considered to be one of the best in Chiang Mai. Its the one near highway 118 & highway 11" and LaurenceChee says "Jia Tong Heng", both apparently referring to the same restaurant. Jia Tong Heng is of course in town not anywhere near Highways 118 or 11. Puzzling.

Markettrader says "a Chinese restaurant which you considered to be one of the best in Chiang Mai. Its the one near highway 118 & highway 11" and LaurenceChee says "Jia Tong Heng", both apparently referring to the same restaurant. Jia Tong Heng is of course in town not anywhere near Highways 118 or 11. Puzzling.

They have opened a new branch near 118 and the super highway. Beautiful building and guess what a rare thing for restaurants in Chiang Mai. Parking for at least 150 cars.

Jia Tong Heng restaurant is located on the eastbound frontage road along side Highway 11 between Highways 1001 and 118.

http://goo.gl/maps/mvBs4

I must say, that for an operation that is supposed to be first-class (which the amenities and general atmosphere certainly is), the food is rather average. Perhaps even below average. I've never been impressed with the Shangri La's buffets. I still take dates there for the ambience, but certainly not for the food.

i went there for valentines day a year ago. I didn't have any complaints, all the food was good, the service was good. I would go back again. The majority of bad reviews are written by retards. Just an FYI. Normal people don't complain about shit. only nitpickers do.

"all the food was good, the service was good."

Whoa! You've convinced me. I'm salivating. I have to try this place pronto, before your endorsement causes a rush of bookings.

T

• Like 1