Pathum Thani Police Raid Cock Fighting Den, Finding Illegal Weapons

webfact

Pathum Thani police raid cock fighting den, finding illegal weapons

PATHUM THANI, 20 May 2013 (NNT) -- More than 10 firearms seized, 8 suspects arrested in an inspection of a cock fighting den in this central province.

Around 100 officers from Pathum Thani provincial police and Klong Luang District Police Station jointly inspected vehicles at Poom Pailin (ภูมิไพลิน) cock fighting den in Klong Luang. The den is operated by Mr. Pakpoom Ratchakij (ภาคภูมิ ราชกิจ).

Police said approximately 1,000 cock fighting enthusiasts were found at the ring, all of whom were searched for illegal firearms under the police’s policy to suppress crime at its cause.

Although the initial search found nothing, the police later found 8 handguns, 2 rifles and about 100 rounds of ammunition in some of the cars parked in the den's parking lots.

Among the seized handguns, one belonged to Supat Silarat (สุพัฒน์ ศิลารัตน์), a suspect in the assault of a Thammasat University professor during last month's Songkran holiday.

Police also confiscated a black Toyota pickup truck that does not have a matching license plate. Nobody claimed to be the owner of the truck.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-20 footer_n.gif

Pathum Thani police raid cock fighting den, finding illegal weapons

Although the initial search found nothing, the police later found 8 handguns, 2 rifles and about 100 rounds of ammunition in some of the cars parked in the den's parking lots.

Boy are these cocks getting cockier by the day! :o

"Police also confiscated a black Toyota pickup truck that does not have a matching license plate. Nobody claimed to be the owner of the truck."

Hard to believe nobody was willing to claim ownership of a stolen truck. Now I see what kind of criminal masterminds the BIB are dealing with. Makes me appreciate the difficult job they have.

whistling.gif

1000 people attending an illegal event. I wonder if any charges or fines were handed out to the participants, or if the animals were seized?

Putting aside the cruelty of the events, the gambling funds organized crime and the venues are gathering places for petty criminals where stolen property often exchanges hands. The idiots that go into debt on their wagering often end up having to undertake illegal activity to pay off their debts.

I see CP actually sells "Fight Cock" feed. The country singer 'Carabao' is the face of the brand. Not sure that I would want to be associated with such a 'sport'.

This "sport", as several have mentioned is hugely popular in rural Thailand.

This scene below is hardly a backyard shed in some small Isaan village.

post-9891-0-53315900-1369058726_thumb.jp

I see CP actually sells "Fight Cock" feed. The country singer 'Carabao' is the face of the brand. Not sure that I would want to be associated with such a 'sport'.

Doesn't mean it is right.

• Like 1

Oh, I have a cock fighting den at my home, but the fighting is private, When I use my weapon of choice I don't get any complaints.

Am I missing something here?

Ahh, I see you are referring to the urban slang;

Cockfighting: A process that is more commonly practiced among homosexual men, in which one "fights" the other with their reproductive organ, usually for sexual gratification.

Bill - "You wanna go to my room for cockfighting"?"

John - "Yes!"

Well, to each his own..............

Doesn't mean it is right.

I don't believe I mentioned the ethics of cock fighting.

I don't agree with it as I think it is cruel, but this thread is about the seizure of weapons at a venue of the so-called "sport", which is extremely popular with Thais, especially rural Thais.

• Like 1