Recommendation Of A Neighborhood In Chiang Mai

electric blue

Hi y'all

I have been living and working in Bangkok for a number of years but have gotten a bit jaded of life here. My job is about to finish and I have saved a bit of money up and was thinking of just moving up to Chiang Mai for an extended stay, perhaps a few months and maybe find a job there eventually. I visited the place before and really liked the vibe there.

I would really like some suggestions of neighborhoods, ideally walking distance to the city centre but flexible on this. I would like it to be a middle class Thai area but with some kind of lifeline to an expat bar/area of town. Anything less than 10k would be great.

Thanks

stay away from THAI NEIGHBOURS! sounds horribly cynical and racist, but it's merely a reflection on their attitude to noise.

Right now I've had very loud karoake going in front of the house since midday, 7 dogs surrounding me, three of which bark and howl thru the night. The roosters 2 doors down don't bother me. Thais also rise 'n shine about 5am.

Maybe someplace in the city might be quieter, but more expensive.bah.gif

stay away from THAI NEIGHBOURS! sounds horribly cynical and racist, but it's merely a reflection on their attitude to noise.

Right now I've had very loud karoake going in front of the house since midday, 7 dogs surrounding me, three of which bark and howl thru the night. The roosters 2 doors down don't bother me. Thais also rise 'n shine about 5am.

Sounds idyllic what happens if you ever have to sell smile.png

Maybe someplace in the city might be quieter, but more expensive.Posted Image

Come to live in Thailand and complain of Thai neighbours.

Priceless.

Nearly as good as a previous poster complaining of to many Thai men in Thailand.

Come to live in Thailand and complain of Thai neighbours.

Priceless.

Nearly as good as a previous poster complaining of to many Thai men in Thailand.

Some of the neighbours are very pleasant. I'm complaining about the thoughtless ones.

I'm sure you for one would not tolerate being woken through the night, every night as some old dear feels she must have three untrained dogs running loose.

If you were in your own country, I'm sure you'd be calling the dog control people.

Sounds idyllic what happens if you ever have to sell smile.png

Renting!! It's now 9 hours since the karaoke started in front of my house. sick.gif