Anyone Stayed At Decent Hotel Near Swampy Recently ?

CharlieH

Not sure if Nasa Vegas qualifies as close? ARL takes you there fast.

We stay there and I'd say it's perfectly located and reasonably priced. The ARL station is across the road and a taxi ride to Swampy takes around 20 minutes.

Novotel right on the airport, nothing better in the area

Tosh,there are numerous hotels although not in ear shot of the airport that are of very reasonable quality and usually very competitive,most offer free shuttle which takes no longer than 15 minutes as they are situated in Lat Krabang.

Depending on the purpose of said hotel you can find one with or without pool all with on site restaurant and some next to small shopping malls and major chains.

I don't have time to post names as I myself am now heading to Bangkok on the 10.30 am express from Lom Sak.

Novotel right on the airport, nothing better in the area

Tosh,there are numerous hotels although not in ear shot of the airport that are of very reasonable quality and usually very competitive,most offer free shuttle which takes no longer than 15 minutes as they are situated in Lat Krabang.

Depending on the purpose of said hotel you can find one with or without pool all with on site restaurant and some next to small shopping malls and major chains.

I don't have time to post names as I myself am now heading to Bangkok on the 10.30 am express from Lom Sak.

Apart from "Tosh" you have not offered anything better in the area, maybe equal but not better.

It might help if the OP provided a budgetary guideline, along with any other specifics.

A lot of aircrews stay at Best Western Amarinth, and first-hand reports are that it is fairly nice. http://www.amaranthhotel.com/

There are a ton of more budget-oriented hotels, quite a few on/near Lat Krabang Road, just north of the airport. The aptly named "Convenient Resort" gets generally positive comments on various travel forums. http://www.convenientresort.com/

Depends on funds. Novotel onsite about $200 a night. At the N/E corner of airport is the Great Residence Inn about $30 a night, van will pick up at door 6 at airport. Stayed at both. Great Residence is better value. Shower, no bathtube, but wifi and breakfast. Very easy if renting a car, they are at the N/E corner of airport too.

I am a regular at the Novotel. I have an Accor card and that gets me a guarantee on the lowest rate. Anyone can get the card. I usually pay between 4000 and 4800 baht per stay. Yes, there are cheaper alternatives, but if one puts a premium on convenience, quality of stay and safety and stress free travel, then the Novotel works. If one is budgt conscious, it may not.

• Like 2

I've stayed at both the Convenient Resort and Great Residence Inn. Both were perfectly acceptable for an overnight before an early morning flight. It's a 5 minute shuttle bus ride to/from the airport. I'd choose between the two based on who is offering the better deal at the time.

One of the TV mods recommended this place to me and I stayed there twice in April, before and after a long haul flight at silly hours. It suited me well, there's a shuttle service there and back, the rooms are modern, clean and fully equipped and it's only ten minutes from the airport. There's not too much to do in the area around the hotel but if all you want to do is eat and sleep and get back on a plane again it's ideal, THB1,200/1,500 per night based on type of room, I'd stay there again.

http://www.thongtaresortandspa.com/

• Like 1

It might help if the OP provided a budgetary guideline, along with any other specifics.

A lot of aircrews stay at Best Western Amarinth, and first-hand reports are that it is fairly nice. http://www.amaranthhotel.com/

There are a ton of more budget-oriented hotels, quite a few on/near Lat Krabang Road, just north of the airport. The aptly named "Convenient Resort" gets generally positive comments on various travel forums. http://www.convenientresort.com/

You beat me to it @lomatopo. I've stayed at Convenient Resort quite a few times over the past 4 years. It is convenient and they do pickup and drop off. It is basic but have always found it to be clean and serviceable for an overnight stay to catch an early flight.

David