Briton Stabbed To Death By His Thai Father-in-law

george

I think its cute how all these farangs get so up in arms when a Thai kills a white man. Without even questioning the circumstances, automaticaly the Thai is wrong, The Thai man is a coward, a vicious brutal murderous beast...ect ect ect... Chances are if he was a drunk and he did beat his wife, then he had it comming to get stabbed by his wife's dad.

I would stab the guy too if he choked my daughter.

But no...everyone here, it seems, would rather feel sorry for the abuser.

Edited by Cpt_M0ney_Sh0t

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So beware..! White men BEWARE!!!

IF you want a Thai wife you need to be careful of your selective family because when you marry someone it means you marry a whole family. Unlike western world. :D

It is not just being with someone you love but the whole culture and it is even more complex when you have to live in Thailand. :o:D

================================================================

Thaiginger; first I thought that the picture in your postings was a 'posterior' - but then, after reading your numerous silly "postings", I realized that it must be your face: no suprise then - so much "verbal diahrea . . . . . ! ! !

Your 'take' on relationships between Farang <> Thai women, not to mention their entire families, would be laugable, if it wasn't so sad !

Grow-up, pal ! :D

I am totally perplexed at all the quick opinions and judgements, by many posters, founded on nothing but a factual bare statement of a Farang dying under somewhat peculiar circumstances.

Wouldn't it be much more sensible to wait for some factual-conclussions of a proper investigation ? ? ?

It would be better to hold all your comments, once it has been made public what the specific circumstances were.

Otherwise, a lot of people should copy-and-past Mr. Ginger-Man's picture and 'fly' it in their postings too . . . . . . . .

:D

Carpe Diem

Of course he is on Bail, by the time this is over it will be called a suicide, In Thai standards this could only be a sucide. I feel sorry for the family in England and the young child, the wife probably got a new house, car etc.

In a western world, this would never happen... :o:D

In a western world, this would never happen... :D:D

==========================================================

Dude: where are you from . . . . . . . . . . . ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Should change your handle from "Dr. Cop" to "Master Dribbler" ! ! ! ! !

:o

Bail eh ?

Only for people who did not seem to be a threat to the public, but hasn't this guy just stabbed to death a man from England ? I am more than sure that if it had been the other way round the poor dead man would have got bail. Perhaps they are worried about over-crowding in the prisons !

I think its cute how all these farangs get so up in arms when a Thai kills a white man. Without even questioning the circumstances, automaticaly the Thai is wrong, The Thai man is a coward, a vicious brutal murderous beast...ect ect ect... Chances are if he was a drunk and he did beat his wife, then he had it comming to get stabbed by his wife's dad.

I would stab the guy too if he choked my daughter.

But no...everyone here, it seems, would rather feel sorry for the abuser.

"Everyone"?

Again your hyperbole detracts from your argument.

Maybe due to past precedent in Thai Farang killings make some people feel justice will not be done in Thailand where the rule of law in tenuous at best - case history dear chap.

Then again the you use of the words "chances are"

Chances are he did abuse his wife

Chances are the father was a drunk and wanted the house.

You do not know and neither do I - will the truth come out?

Even that is questionable - a Thai FiL looking to save his own skin here would play the farang card if possible - self interest ?

WoW this is bad bad baddddddddd.... How could someone do such thing!!!!

The bail shouldn't be introduced to any country, I reckon. People should serve their sectences for what they committed. WHY BAIL?!!!!? Got out then repeat their actions when suit them? hel_l !!!

I feel so sorry for the victims. :o

In fact bail is pretty much standard for murder in Thailand. Whilst I couldn't get bail on a visa rap, a thai who told me proudly how he shot his neighbour through the head was out on bail in no time.

It even gets better when you have the money, because than the case may only reach the court after the timelimit. Better get used to that.

For the victims families that is indeed very sad. Amongst thais quite often police will direct for some financial compensation to be paid, but justice it ain't.

Is there not a time limit of 100 days in Scotland as well?

I heard the infamous Jimmy Boyle got away with one murder as the Procurator Fiscal did not take into account a Bank Holiday or leap year or something - anyone?

TIT indeed if farang stabs Thai he'll be in jail no bail, if vice versa Thai is walking.... sure he is not a danger to society he only kill a farang! and who cares about farang...

it's a pity this kind of stories keep coming up in the country of SMILES more often

Where are you getting these ideas from!!!! It is not just Thailand. It is normal for a foreigner not to be given bail as he has no ties to the region and is a higher risk to flee than a local. But if a foreigner did kill a Thai, forfieted his passport, paid a huge bail, he to would be out awaiting trail. I get sick of reading posts where people go "TIT" when in reality "TITW" (This is the world). And you seem to think these stories are unique to Thailand....I suggest you start reading online newspapers. How many westerners have been killed in Thailand?? Less than English backpackers and foreigners in Australia.

Sure Thailand had problems but no less than the social dregs that exist in the most other countries. Fancy walking around cities in the US at night...or is that TIT as well.

The Guy was very drunk and was strangling his wife and the Father-in-law could not pull him off so he grabbed a knife and stabbed him to save his daughters life - a bit too early for the Media to be making it up at the monent so maybe it's true and maybe it's not.

If this is true then it doesn't fit in with the charge.

He's been charged with premeditated murder (if the reporting is accurate) defined as:

That, at the time of the killing, the accused had a premeditated design to kill.

He would have been charged with voluntary or involuntary manslaughter (a much lesser offence) if he'd acted to defend his daughters life.

I dare say this one has legs yet.

Considering we dont know the full story, and as the victim is dead, are unlikely too - It may be worth engaging brain before mouth - or keyboard in this case.

No need for this sad story - whatever the circumstances - to become a slanging match

This sort of thing happens more than once a week in pattaya, but the topics are usually shepherded off to the local forums and not followed up on. Its a bit difficult to class two stab wounds to the back as natural causes/suicide tho :o

Lol...once a week....been listening to the boys on Soi 8 again have we. A Thai killing a foreigner in Pattaya is actually very low. Drunk farangs fallling out of buildings and crashing into motor cars is another story. Dont believe pub talk. Thai police do not class stab wounds in the back as suicide. I worked as a police liason for 6 months there.

There have been 63 western deaths in Pattaya in the last 12 months. 6 are foul play. 1 murder every two months is pretty good when you look at the crowd Pattaya gets and the way farangs treat Thais there.

IF you want a Thai wife you need to be careful of your selective family because when you marry someone it means you marry a whole family. Unlike western world. :D

It is not just being with someone you love but the whole culture and it is even more complex when you have to live in Thailand. :o:D

This is actually very good advice. When you are about to marry your prostitute you have fallen in love check out her whiskey swilling father and tattoed brother. They now belong to you....hmmmm..."but she was such a nice girl in the bar on soi 6 for the two weeks I knew her before asking her to marry me. Her family was soooo friendly"

Looks like hitting & KILLING is the only solution for thai to close the issues with foreginers....Srini,Tokyo.

And, notice how every time it's in a cowardly manner... stabbed in the back, beat up by a gang, shot an unarmed person, etc. Thai men sure are tough guys. Why don't they simply use muay Thai? :o

Yeah coz all those gang murders in the US happen with a fair dual....get real.

Normally the bail is set between 50 and 150,000 baht. And it could still be suicide.....

in case he would have killed his father-in-law he would have faced life and no bail. But than again Thai people do not commit suicide.

Who said that!??????? they certainly do! plenty of them...

***objectionable photo removed***

Well, as long there is not much known about the circumstances etc. we better leave it to those concerned.

However, I know personally an english man who has (recently) been stabbed (in the stomach) by his thai girlfriend. He survided by a cats whisker! 3.5 l blood in his stomach & lucky there are now some very efficient hospitals on samui. the knife hit a major bloodvessel...

in hospital and while he was in icu they kept on saying that he had fallen on a broken, very sharp, bamboo in his garden - only that there was no bamboo in his garden by far and wide!

his ex-girlfriend is still on the loose - never even questioned by the police!

TiT...

TIT indeed if farang stabs Thai he'll be in jail no bail, if vice versa Thai is walking.... sure he is not a danger to society he only kill a farang! and who cares about farang...

it's a pity this kind of stories keep coming up in the country of SMILES more often

Where are you getting these ideas from!!!! It is not just Thailand. It is normal for a foreigner not to be given bail as he has no ties to the region and is a higher risk to flee than a local. But if a foreigner did kill a Thai, forfieted his passport, paid a huge bail, he to would be out awaiting trail. I get sick of reading posts where people go "TIT" when in reality "TITW" (This is the world). And you seem to think these stories are unique to Thailand....I suggest you start reading online newspapers. How many westerners have been killed in Thailand?? Less than English backpackers and foreigners in Australia.

Sure Thailand had problems but no less than the social dregs that exist in the most other countries. Fancy walking around cities in the US at night...or is that TIT as well.

I totally agree with the general tenure of your post but this bit has me asking questions

"How many westerners have been killed in Thailand?? Less than English backpackers and foreigners in Australia."

Well I think the foreign Office has said 9 Britons since August 04 and now this one.

I can also recall a few Scandinavians and one or two Germans recently.

As you only asked about westerners in Thailand and include all foreigners in Australia you are skewing the study to begin with somewhat - if we included all foreigners in Thailand??

Then again Australia does not have land borders

Just how many have been killed in Australia?

As for Australia ther only ones I would hear about are British one in the British media and can only remember two recently - the Falconio one and the girl thrown off a bridge.

Edited by Prakanong2005

I totally agree with the general tenure of your post but this bit has me asking questions

"How many westerners have been killed in Thailand?? Less than English backpackers and foreigners in Australia."

Well I think the foreign Office has said 9 Britons since August 04 and now this one.

There have been over 80 foreign nationals killed or missing in Australia over 24 months :o I was merley trying to highlight that it is not just Thailand. In fact two Thai girls were murdered and thrown into a river in Darwin last year.

....I suggest you start reading online newspapers. How many westerners have been killed in Thailand?? Less than English backpackers and foreigners in Australia.

Hmmm I guess none of listed places called lands of thousand smiles and great hospitality :o

....I suggest you start reading online newspapers. How many westerners have been killed in Thailand?? Less than English backpackers and foreigners in Australia.

Hmmm I guess none of listed places called lands of thousand smiles and great hospitality :o

Seen the latest Tourism Australia adds. "One of the friendliest countries in the world". "True Aussie hospitality."

There have been over 80 foreign nationals killed or missing in Australia over 24 months :o I was merley trying to highlight that it is not just Thailand. In fact two Thai girls were murdered and thrown into a river in Darwin last year.

Bloody hel_l you answered while I was editing my post.

Of course its not just Thailand - I agree with you but it is becoming more widespread or the perception that it is is more widespread.

To have a proper analysis it would take a proper study design - Number of foreigners killed by number of foreigner days in country per year? - I have not a clue!

I seem to recall a series of muders in Pattaya in the late 80's early 90's when I think it was German gangs were trying to take over - anyone remember that - I only know what i was told by a pal.

He said it lead to the best headline ever in a Pattaya Paper but this might be anecdotal.

Two German brothers were arrested and then let out without charge. Apparently the headline was

"The Kuntz are released"

Anyone know if this is true?

WoW this is bad bad baddddddddd.... How could someone do such thing!!!!

The bail shouldn't be introduced to any country, I reckon. People should serve their sectences for what they committed. WHY BAIL?!!!!? Got out then repeat their actions when suit them? hel_l !!!

I feel so sorry for the victims. :o

I guess you never heard the phrase "presumed innocent until proven guilty". That generally happens at a court of law and not by a lynchmob of troglodytes.

What a pile of racist crap.

There is a perfect resort for you lower form of primates. It's called Pattaya. Why can't you just stay there and save us from your deranged raves and rants.

Hey Mr, where are you from? Pattaya.....says it all really!

Try eating less fries (no good for the brain) :D

Normally the bail is set between 50 and 150,000 baht. And it could still be suicide.....

in case he would have killed his father-in-law he would have faced life and no bail. But than again Thai people do not commit suicide.

I do not know who wrote this, but I can assure you that Thais DO commit suicide at one of the highest levels in the entire world. I have been here 20 years and back in 1994 I went to 3 funerals in a month, all of them broken-hearted Thai spouses aged under 30 ! Incidently, they all chose the same way - a Mekong small bottle mixed with 40 baht of rat poison. By the way folks, only in the LOS is it against the LAW to comment on the outcome of a trial ! Any further comment is superfluous...

Try eating less fries (no good for the brain) :D

==============================================================

Greg.D . . . . . . .

You actually wrote:

Try eating less fries (no good for the brain)

Well now; I reckon this says little about me (apart from the fact that, indeed, I live in Pattaya), but a lot about you . . . . . . . . .

I'll just bet that your "full" name would be Greg 'D-Idiot' ?

In that case; you did not disappoint the world, Greg !

Get a life, mate ! ! !

PS: That bit about the "fries" - I guess it is obvious that you got this 'wisdom' from personal experience, huh ?!

I always have mine with mayonaise . . . . .

[

I guess you never heard the phrase "presumed innocent until proven guilty". That generally happens at a court of law and not by a lynchmob of troglodytes.

There is a perfect resort for you lower form of primates. It's called Pattaya. Why can't you just stay there and save us from your deranged raves and rants.

==============================================================

I totally agree with the general gist of what you wrote firstly:

. . . . . but then you go and spoil it all by saying those silly things about Pattaya:

This would be a perfect example of "The Pot Calling The Kettke Black" !

C'mon ColPyat; someone who uses sophisticated words to describe Pre-Historic Cave dwellers (I'ld never heard that one before; thanks !) should axiomatically know better than to generalize the people who happen to live in that phenomena called Pattaya . . . . . . .

Quit while you're ahaed, okay ?!

RELEASED ON BAIL???

How much did he paid. 10.000 baht? A foreign man who just help to stop two woman who fighting with each other, had to pay 85000 baht bank guarantee. The woman told the police that he beat her? The police said, that she have to go to the court if she think that he did beat her.

At the court, the two Thai woman didn't had to pay nothing, but the foreign man, had to give a bank guarantee of 85000 baht to stay out of the jail. Thai people pay maybe this amount of money for a murder case. They have to come back at the end of april for so far I know.

So much money for a small thing and he didn't do nothing. (DON"T HELP THAI PEOPLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES) You will safe yourself allot of problems.

I think they ussed his wallet also to pay the released fee

Edited by Einstein

This sort of thing happens more than once a week in pattaya, but the topics are usually shepherded off to the local forums and not followed up on. Its a bit difficult to class two stab wounds to the back as natural causes/suicide tho :o

Lol...once a week....been listening to the boys on Soi 8 again have we. A Thai killing a foreigner in Pattaya is actually very low. Drunk farangs fallling out of buildings and crashing into motor cars is another story. Dont believe pub talk. Thai police do not class stab wounds in the back as suicide. I worked as a police liason for 6 months there.

There have been 63 western deaths in Pattaya in the last 12 months. 6 are foul play. 1 murder every two months is pretty good when you look at the crowd Pattaya gets and the way farangs treat Thais there.

Balcony surfing is very popular with farangs in Pattaya though.... :D What percentage of those incidents are deemed suicide?

Edited by mad_dog

What a load of complete rubbish I have read on this topic. No one knows the actual circumstances this tragedy happened, yet like a crazy blood hungry mob people are jumping to conclusions and its all not too far off a lynch mob - maybe this is the high tech version!