Thai Ministry To Take Action Against Sex-Trafficking In Chachoengsao

webfact

If some good samaritan wants to got to karaoke bars, get a tranlastion done of what theses girls rights are and pass them out in the language of the girls. Maybe better to leave them dicreetly before leaving, if you don't want to get into a jam with the pimp or mama san.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

225 Karaoke bars, damn, now I know where I'm going for my next vacation!

And this statement says it , This is the reason these girls are being abused. The problems is sex tourist not the girls,

Damn I just recently drove through that area . Thought all there was to see was the main Wat in town.

I'd suggest that sex tourists aren't an issue in Chachoengsao. I don't really know - but I'd suggest that all these Karaoke bars are for Thai men only and if a foreigner walked in and wanted a piece of the action he'd be shown the door real quick.

Whilst we think of all the bars for foreigners in Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok, Chang Mai etc they are far less in number then all the Karaoke bars for Thai men in every town around Thailand and foreigners are not welcome.

How do you know we're not welcome? Thais love farangs and their money! Also, let's not forget that if the girls hanging around outside see you walking or driving a motorcycle past their premises (they can't spot you if you're sitting in a car), the girls will invite you in! I know this because the girls in the two areas with karaoke bars in Lad Krabang/Nong Chok that I pass on my way home spotted me once when I was riding my motorcycle and they wanted me to come in! However, as I'm not into that scene I would never think about entering as HIV/AIDS must be a serious problem in these kinds of places so I did what every sensible person would do and drove right past without making even so much as eye contact.

Not to mention the fact that the demographics of karoake bar patrons in Thailand are red-shirt middle aged Thai men working blue collar jobs in their 50s. At around half their age and being white collar, educated and not giving a crap about Thai politics but if I were to choose I'd be more of a yellow shirt guy, clearly that's not my crowd.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

225 Karaoke bars, damn, now I know where I'm going for my next vacation!

And this statement says it , This is the reason these girls are being abused. The problems is sex tourist not the girls,

Damn I just recently drove through that area . Thought all there was to see was the main Wat in town.

I'd suggest that sex tourists aren't an issue in Chachoengsao. I don't really know - but I'd suggest that all these Karaoke bars are for Thai men only and if a foreigner walked in and wanted a piece of the action he'd be shown the door real quick.

Whilst we think of all the bars for foreigners in Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok, Chang Mai etc they are far less in number then all the Karaoke bars for Thai men in every town around Thailand and foreigners are not welcome.

How do you know we're not welcome? Thais love farangs and their money! Also, let's not forget that if the girls hanging around outside see you walking or driving a motorcycle past their premises (they can't spot you if you're sitting in a car), the girls will invite you in! I know this because the girls in the two areas with karaoke bars in Lad Krabang/Nong Chok that I pass on my way home spotted me once when I was riding my motorcycle and they wanted me to come in! However, as I'm not into that scene I would never think about entering as HIV/AIDS must be a serious problem in these kinds of places so I did what every sensible person would do and drove right past without making even so much as eye contact.

Not to mention the fact that the demographics of karoake bar patrons in Thailand are red-shirt middle aged Thai men working blue collar jobs in their 50s. At around half their age and being white collar, educated and not giving a crap about Thai politics but if I were to choose I'd be more of a yellow shirt guy, clearly that's not my crowd.

This is an old topic now but your reply to my comments is a recent post. I'd like you to try to go to a few Thai karaoke bars, stay a few hours, take a girl and let me know the results. For a start Thai men don't want us foreigners messing up the price structure. They pay considerably less for P4P girls then farangs do. Thai men like their whisky and can become very aggressive towards anybody they don't like or want in their bars. There are pool bars in Pattaya and Phuket I would not step into because I know and sense these are for Thai men and their girlfriends only, especially late at night, and there's plenty of venues for the farang anyway. I'd suggest that in the provinces the karaoke bars would be the same - foreigners not welcome. You might get away with having a drink but that's about it.

And at the other end of the scale there's "gentlemen's clubs" for the wealthy Japanese and Chinese visitors that we, as average farang, are not welcome in either. Would you pay 10,000 baht, or more, a night for a delicious young Thai beauty? Plenty of wealthy Japanese and Chinese businessmen will.

But I will admit that I haven't actually been into a provincial Thai karaoke bar to drink and take a woman. My comments are based on talking to a number of expats living in Thailand, Thais working girls and general experiences over many trips to Thailand. We as foreigners can get into enough trouble there without going out and looking for it.

Edited by johnnycthedog