Looking For A Good Reliable Car - 250,000 Baht Maximum

rmicheald

I am looking for a reliable car in very good to excellent condition. I need an automatic transmission, GOOD aircon, a good music system. No accidents or damage. I will also want my mechanic to check it out.

I can only pay a maximum of 250,000 baht including the transfer of ownership. I live in Pattaya.

Thank you...

Sounds like a very tight budget, since you need a GOOD music system, and no accidents or damage. Sometimes the damage is hidden very well. Just put an add in TV, and there are a few other free sites that you can use.

They do not give Falangs, cars on credit, or?

Or you have a trustworthy person and buy the new car on credit-slow payed back on her/his name?

That would be a solution with much more options.wink.png

I've always wondered where the clunkers were in Thailand(maybe they throw them in the scrap once they get old?). I can find much cheaper cars in the states. Cars are a ripoff here. Stick with the motorbikes.

Edited by meatballs

Thanks everyone... I found a volkswagen Passat in EXCELLENT condition that checks out mechanically. 132,000 KM and only 169,000 baht. Pristine condition.. I am very happy.

lol good lujck with that.

UK guy at my work bought the same deal(infact your blurb is almost verbatem), cost him 200k in 12 months just to keep it on the road and that was with him importing parts as that was the cheaper option.

he sold it not long after.

Edited by Spoonman

I don't think depreciation works the way they do here like in Europe/UK/Australia/US 'back home'

In the UK, you could go to auctions and get 5-10 years old for under a grand, say 50,000 baht, probably an MOT failure, could even be a Mercedes or BMW, but even you could coax a few years of life from it, that's good value

but cars in Thailand never seem to get that cheap, even though they can repair a lot of what the west would consider 'written off' there never seem to be any market for cars below six figures here. do they just rust away or turns to scrap?

I've been to the big car junkyard market in Samutprakarn and all the scraps there seems to be imported in and breakdown for parts, so what happens to old Thai cars? do they get scrap for metal only? or passed down the foodchain to other countries?