Siblings Burned To Death After Electricity Was Cut Off: Phisanulok

webfact

@Eesat

How do you pay a bill that they can't deliver to you,you fool?rolleyes.gif
Can you not read or understand plain English?

The fool is you, pal.

Lots of people do it every month. I've done it numerous times.

Take a copy of your old bill, go the the payment window, tell

them you didn't receive your bill but would like to pay it.

Like I say, it's not rocket science.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and there's another one out there somewhere who shares the blame as well whether he knows it or not.
We have no way of knowing that. He could be dead, he could not even know he has kids, he could be unable to find those kids...who knows?

I would have almost certainly found some way to leave my kids with a responsible adult if I went to work at night (as I have done before) - especially if there was no power (and especially if I lived in a wooden house and left them with candles and matches to use). But it is to me unnecessarily harsh to assign blame in such a case when no good comes from it.

surely that sentance is a contender for the best of the year.

"HE COULD NOT EVEN KNOW HE HAS KIDS"

just think about it.

Should have been singular. For all I know the children had different fathers and each father or one of them didn't know they had a kid.

If you don't think that's possible you need to learn some basic facts of primary school biology.

Think about it.

Edited by SteeleJoe

In the UK the Gas, Electricty and Water Utility Companies have to get a court order before they can disconnect a client's supply. The court usually give the client time to pay in which period the client keeps his utility supply.

This legislation was to avoid the same kind of tragedy as described here,

R.I.P Littles ones

If someone think they are capable of selling something, they should before starting their business think very careful through their plan. Can anybody get hurt, can anybody die because of my business practice ? If they did not think about the consequences before they started the business, they should take the full responsibility of their actions. The electric company killed this two innocent childs.

No they didn't. By that logic GM, Ford, Toyota etc. have killed millions of people. What a stupid post.

"What a stupid reply. You have obviously never been in the west. In the civilized world you have to foresee what your actions will do."

If you can counter my post with a specific example and cohesive argument then do so. But so far the best you've come up with is I've never been to the West, the civilized world. Which electricity company in the Western civilized world has been held accountable for cutting of the power supply to a customer who hasn't paid the bill and then been held responsible for a tragedy such as this one? And do I really need to point out that this happened in Thailand?

Edited by saroq

@Eesat

The fool is you, pal.

So which is easier,letting the owner's Father pay it and paying him back with the rent,or running around Bangkok because some muppet can't deliver your bill?

You really are that stupid,aren't you?Incredible!rolleyes.gif

Some of the comments here are beyond disgusting.

I work with the Father of the 2 children deceased and all of you are so far off the mark with your baseless factitious comments.

R.I.P little ones.

ok.guys shall we keep it civil as spoonman say's he works with the father and my heart goes out to him,2kids have lost their lives and nothing will change that.many many times i have complained about certain things thai's do but i always get the same answer let it happen first.[prevention is better than cure]

Disgusted with the electric company. They also do not consider that maybe in some houses people might be on vital medical equipment. Recently I got cut off, never got a bill, was in the house my phone number on the meter. No questions asked no service. Immediately went to pay; it took them 5 hours to re connect. It would make life easier for them and the users if there was a warning service.

It's not the Electric company's fault.

Not that we need to point fingers at every tragic even but leaving a 9 and 13 year old child at home for any lengthly amount of time isn't going to win any parent of the year awards, work or not.

Obviously you don't know a lot about THAILAND, Many parents are forced to go out and leave children alone,

Actually I know a lot about Thailand unfortunately and i know probably more about parenting than to leave a 9 and 13 year old on their own for so long, so much.

To use the word " forced " is wrong for starters. Nobody is " forced " to leave children unattended for such a length of time.

Whatever excuse you are trying to make,like I said initially, if people are looking to point the finger and blame, the absent parent/parents is the I reaction to start with, whether you like it or not.

Disgusted with the electric company. They also do not consider that maybe in some houses people might be on vital medical equipment. Recently I got cut off, never got a bill, was in the house my phone number on the meter. No questions asked no service. Immediately went to pay; it took them 5 hours to re connect. It would make life easier for them and the users if there was a warning service.

Not that we need to point fingers at every tragic even but leaving a 9 and 13 year old child at home for any lengthly amount of time isn't going to win any parent of the year awards, work or not.

Obviously you don't know a lot about THAILAND, Many parents are forced to go out and leave children alone,

Actually I know a lot about Thailand unfortunately and i know probably more about parenting than to leave a 9 and 13 year old on their own for so long, so much.

To use the word " forced " is wrong for starters. Nobody is " forced " to leave children unattended for such a length of time.

Whatever excuse you are trying to make,like I said initially, if people are looking to point the finger and blame, the absent parent/parents is the I reaction to start with, whether you like it or not.

Must be great to be financial sound enough enabling you to make such stupid statements, if you would like to drop round to my home sometime I will take you on a small tour through Muang Phitsanulok and introduce to many mothers and a few fathers who have to, not want to but have to leave their kids at times so earn enough to feed them.

Saying no body is "forced" to leave their kids just proved you know nothing about the lower end of society as it exists in many parts of Thailand, this particular case just goes to prove the point, here is a woman forced to work evenings to try and earn enough to make ends meet, seems she couldn't ever raise enough to pay the measly power bill of just over Bht 400 - you probably spend that on coffee every month or on a meal at pizza hut or macca's without even batting an eyelid.

Let me know when you are available so I can arrange a short educational tour for you, no charge of course but maybe you would like to make a few donations as you swan around expounding your views on life of the under privileged and how they should manage their lives.

• Like 2

we take in about 10-12 kids a night here.kids don't like to stay in their homes without their parent/parents home

sometimes i think the kids just like to stay at our house because of the aircon/an big screen tv,plus they can take a warm shower

we go thru a lot of soap/shampoo heresmile.png

some of them stay all night

Yes I have the same in our house. No children of our own but have one 15 year old neice who we have become guardians off and who lives with us permanently, but guaranteed anywhere from 4 to 8 children a night stay. All neices and nephews of the wife. Not because the parents are out working but I think for the same reasons as you but also they get fed better and are not kept awake by rain hitting against a tin roof. Maybe they think a farang house less likely to have ghosts!

Anyway back to the post.

A terrible tragedy.

RIP little ones and my heart goes out to the mother who was only trying to do the right thing.

@Eesat

The fool is you, pal.

So which is easier,letting the owner's Father pay it and paying him back with the rent,or running around Bangkok because some muppet can't deliver your bill?

You really are that stupid,aren't you?Incredible!rolleyes.gif

Your response is unfathomable. Maybe even stupid... (???)

Whether you receive an electric bill or not, it is very easy to pay it.

No need to run around anywhere. Give yourself a break. You seem

to have high blood pressure over this issue already.

I'm frankly appalled at some of the insensitive posts in this thread. As a parent I could never get over this & nor could my wife.

Sincere condolences to this poor mother & may the purportrators of this Dickensian behaviour hold their heads in eternal shame.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

No one is forced to go out and leave children alone... Especially in a house with no electricity.

• Like 1

Getting a warning is fair enough but the electricity company can't carry everyone who can't or doesn't pay their bill.

If they cannot, they should be closed down. Selling EL is and should be a big responsibility, even in Thailand and the wild world.

It's difficult to follow your logic and I'm beginning to suspect that logical thought is not something that you are capable of. Yes "Selling EL is and should be a big responsibility," but it's selling it, not giving it away for free or providing it for people who can't or don't pay for it. If a service is not paid for then it is legally no longer provided and that doesn't make the provider responsible for the outcome of that action. They had the legal right to stop providing electricity. The events that followed are tragic but the electricity provider is not responsible for them.

• Like 1