Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum

MZurf

Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum

where else would pattaya haters post?

Which begs the question, wouldn't it be great if we had a dumping ground for the Pattaya bashing party?

Like a separate sub-forum: Pattaya Bashing

Good point. I see the need for a ThaiBashing.com website for those that hate it here. I would appreciate these folks not even being on TV. Obviously, they would be miserable most any place. I lived in a city in the states that I could not stand. I left and came here. We have options in life. The bashers should go where they are happy.

Edited by stoli

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's because most of us use "View New Content", where the forum the post comes from is not really highlighted.

You just see the post title and reply if the title interests you.

Yes, but the question was more about Pattaya HATERS than people who don't live in Pattaya, I think. Are you suggesting most people who don't live here are Pattaya HATERS?

Pretty much.

If I liked Pattaya, I wouldn't be living in CM, now would I!

I don't know, it's about the opposite for me. Live in Pattaya because I like it here, never been to CM because it doesn't appeal to me from what I hear. But that doesn't make me a CM hater!

I wouldn't recommend Pattaya for a family holiday, surely there are better locations for that, but if you're looking for a party place I think you'd be hard pressed to find a place to beat it.

Living downtown is obviously going to be a downtown experience but there are many many nice villages to live in 10-20 min out of town. There are plenty of supermarkets, schools, hospitals, restaurants, everything you need for a good and inexpensive lifestyle.

• Like 2

I write mildly negative posts about Pattaya quite frequently. I do that because this thread is about Pattaya and because I am mildly negative on Pattaya.

But what I would like to know is why so many forum readers/posters then see mild negativity as "hate"? It seems pretty dumb to see mild negativity as the same as hate. Could it be that this forum just has quite a lot of pretty dumb people posting pretty dumb comments? Could it be that Pattaya just attracts many pretty dumb types?

Oh and before some idiot assumes I've never been to Pattaya, or I can't afford to live in Pattaya blah blah blah...I've been to Pattaya many times and I have million of dollars in my bank various bank accounts...blah blah blah

You have made a total of 19 posts including this one, i would hardly call it frequently, i would call it compulsory.

One might start to think you have no other interests in life besides posting negatively about Pattaya.

One might also start to think, that all those millions of dollars might be just a figment of your imagination, just as visiting Pattaya frequently as you claim.

One might also wonder why someone with so much money and negativity would be a frequent visitor to a place which he hates that much

Didn't say i was a frequent visitor, i said I had visited many times....two entirely different things.

I used to visit frequently, now its once or twice a year, more out of habir and nostalgia. a long time ago I liked the place. Now though my feelings are mixed, its osn;t what it was, the people aren't ehat they were, hence the negative posts.

Why did i mention money...because I know very well that the first thing some poster will say is I "hate" Pattaya because I can't afford it...or they may just insist I've never actually visited...either way, I don't come to this boards expecting intelligent or even halfway sensible discussion.[..so its all water off a ducks back.

Are you confused again?

First you proclaim and i quote "Didn't say i was a frequent visitor, i said I had visited many times....two entirely different things"

But immediately after you state "I used to visit frequently"

So which one is it?whistling.gif

Long time ago you liked the place??? girls were cheaper, exchange rate was better, girls went with anyone just to get by is that the reason why it use to be better?

Can not possibly be the reason with all your millions of $$$, can it?w00t.gif

You do not come to this board expecting intelligence, so what exactly do you come for? to share with everyone you have millions of $$$ or any other interesting reason?

1,000,000 dollars in the bank ? I'd be happy to have 10,000 in the bank sad.png

Anyone who thinks you have to be RICH to live in Pattaya is out of touch. OK, compared to Nakhon Nowhere, sure, its all relative.

Now we are seeing the converse to Pattaya haters. People in Pattaya who hate (the rest of) Thailand and believe they are superior in some way. Other examples on this thread - anyone who lives in Isaan is bored - and is dreaming of the day when they can return to Pattaya.

Perhaps we should start style wars similar to the Mods v Rockers - rival life-style aged falang gangs beating the cr@p out of each other on Jomtien beach and on the streets of Buriram.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

My three pence worth I think I'm not a bad judge of Pat's lived there for over 8 year's then some 7+ year ago due to the lack of water 'many month's' and the wife getting draged off the back of a Bt Bus by some cretting trying to get her hadbag not to mention I didn't want my daughter to think the life there is the norm we got out went to C/M and believe me it's not much better if at all left there because of the fume's.

Good point's the shopping pleanty of choice's, food yes restaurant great but at a price, Bt buses cheap and on the hole they do a good job. I have been back several times last was just over a month ago, and it has gone down hill big time the traffic is at best horrific, infrastructure what infractucture the gereral cleanliness has not improved one jot. Now it seem that it has been over run by tourist's of the R kind. buggered the pace even more.

I have now found a place where I can get all the western food I wan't it's not as some plonker's say that anyware outside of there is like living in a in a rice paddy we have Big C Tesco Macro only one of each but how many do you want for Buddha sake? Some peep's have mentioned price's on the hole the price's there are not to bad if you compare it with say Phuket but it's still not cheap I estimate 35% dearer than the rest of Thailand. Then we get cant get western food rubbish I can get everything I want and in most cases a hell of a lot cheaper.

I know that lot's of peep's won't aggree with me but maybe you should give it a try some time. And see that I'm not talking out of my hat. To sum up yes if it's for you enjoy but please don't think it's the best place since sliced bread because it's not, just look at your pattaya news clipping's mugging stabbing's shooting a new one every day and then tell me about the slice bread bit.

N/B I don't hate Pats I just think there are better place's to live.

Edited by fredob43

The reason I started this thread was not to "sell" Pattaya to the haters. As has been pointed out earlier the traffic is bad enough already (during weekends and holidays it looks like half the cars in Bangkok are driving endlessly around 2nd and Beach Rd) so the more that stay away, the better it is for the residents.

I think we can all agree that Pattaya has got its negative sides - some of them are particular to this place, some are resulting from living in LOS in general. But it puzzles me why this place has so many people hating it and needing to let everyone know about their feelings.

So please, to all the bashers/haters; let your hair down and fire away!

1,000,000 dollars in the bank ? I'd be happy to have 10,000 in the bank sad.png

Anyone who thinks you have to be RICH to live in Pattaya is out of touch. OK, compared to Nakhon Nowhere, sure, its all relative.

Now we are seeing the converse to Pattaya haters. People in Pattaya who hate (the rest of) Thailand and believe they are superior in some way. Other examples on this thread - anyone who lives in Isaan is bored - and is dreaming of the day when they can return to Pattaya.

Perhaps we should start style wars similar to the Mods v Rockers - rival life-style aged falang gangs beating the cr@p out of each other on Jomtien beach and on the streets of Buriram.

You be trippin'. I meant NOTHING of the kind in my post. Pure projection. Interesting though! From a psychological point of view.

Pattaya has allot going for it and Pattaya has allot of problems.

Plenty of bad things to be said.

Let the TAT do the sugar coating.

Who's sugar coating it ? Even Pattaya's biggest fans would readily admit that there are aspects of central Pattaya that annoy the living sh*t out of them, and no-one is happy with the crime rate. Let's move on, shall we ?

• Like 1

Comparison food costs

Eggs are cheaper here than almost anywhere in the western world, 30x size 2 at Makro for 100bht. (two months ago that was 77bht)

As for milk, cheese, ham,salami, these are imported foods, of course they are more expensive in Thailand.

Although 5l of whole milk in a plastic bag from the milk factory is only 130bht

• Like 1

I write mildly negative posts about Pattaya quite frequently. I do that because this thread is about Pattaya and because I am mildly negative on Pattaya.

But what I would like to know is why so many forum readers/posters then see mild negativity as "hate"? It seems pretty dumb to see mild negativity as the same as hate. Could it be that this forum just has quite a lot of pretty dumb people posting pretty dumb comments? Could it be that Pattaya just attracts many pretty dumb types?

Oh and before some idiot assumes I've never been to Pattaya, or I can't afford to live in Pattaya blah blah blah...I've been to Pattaya many times and I have million of dollars in my bank various bank accounts...blah blah blah

You have made a total of 19 posts including this one, i would hardly call it frequently, i would call it compulsory.

One might start to think you have no other interests in life besides posting negatively about Pattaya.

One might also start to think, that all those millions of dollars might be just a figment of your imagination, just as visiting Pattaya frequently as you claim.

One might also wonder why someone with so much money and negativity would be a frequent visitor to a place which he hates that much

Didn't say i was a frequent visitor, i said I had visited many times....two entirely different things.

I used to visit frequently, now its once or twice a year, more out of habir and nostalgia. a long time ago I liked the place. Now though my feelings are mixed, its osn;t what it was, the people aren't ehat they were, hence the negative posts.

Why did i mention money...because I know very well that the first thing some poster will say is I "hate" Pattaya because I can't afford it...or they may just insist I've never actually visited...either way, I don't come to this boards expecting intelligent or even halfway sensible discussion.[..so its all water off a ducks back.

Are you confused again?

First you proclaim and i quote "Didn't say i was a frequent visitor, i said I had visited many times....two entirely different things"

But immediately after you state "I used to visit frequently"

So which one is it?whistling.gif

Long time ago you liked the place??? girls were cheaper, exchange rate was better, girls went with anyone just to get by is that the reason why it use to be better?

Can not possibly be the reason with all your millions of $$$, can it?w00t.gif

You do not come to this board expecting intelligence, so what exactly do you come for? to share with everyone you have millions of $$$ or any other interesting reason?

I assume English isn't your first language, to give you the benefit of the doubt. The meaning of what I said was that in the past I visited many times and was a frequent visitor but nowadays i am not a frequent visitor. Clear now?

Before it was better in many ways. One was that it seemed like much better value even though these days I would be able to afford to do things gthat i could not back then. i could stay in the best hotels if i wanted to, but i don't, i could could pay the best looking hookers at the poshest GOGO bars but i don't want to and have never been into GOGO bars, i could eat at the poshest restaurants but don't want to as I like a more down to earth atmosphere where I can watch the world go by..

I miss the friendliness, the fun, the character of the place, the politeness and that it was less crowded and had fewer people from countries I have little liking for. I also felt there was less greed, less dishonesty, less hostility and aggression and a sort of innocence and day to day relaxed and laid back lifestyle. Do I need to go on

• Like 1

Comparison food costs

Eggs are cheaper here than almost anywhere in the western world, 30x size 2 at Makro for 100bht. (two months ago that was 77bht)

As for milk, cheese, ham,salami, these are imported foods, of course they are more expensive in Thailand.

I guess the 77 baht for 30 eggs was 2 years ago instead of 2 months. I bought eggs today at Big C extra and they were 67 Baht for 10 eggs.

UHT milk is 65 Baht for 6 x 200 cc. That is for skimmed milk . Buying a big bottle might turn out to be more expensive. The milk you're talking about is made of milk powder and has an shelf life of 7 days. You buy this kind of milk in your home country?

Milk, cheese, ham and salami are produced locally.CP and Thai- German are some of the bigger producers of ham, salami, bacon etc.

Thai- Danish is a state run run milk producer and is even exporting to other Asian countries.

Chockchai is another large Thai milk company.

Next you gonna say bread is also imported .

Ham and salami is made of pork, didn't you read the news article a few days ago that Thailand DOESN"T import pork ?

• Like 1

Comparison food costs

I guess the 77 baht for 30 eggs was 2 years ago instead of 2 months. I bought eggs today at Big C extra and they were 67 Baht for 10 eggs.

UHT milk is 65 Baht for 6 x 200 cc. That is for skimmed milk . Buying a big bottle might turn out to be more expensive. The milk you're talking about is made of milk powder and has an shelf life of 7 days. You buy this kind of milk in your home country?

Milk, cheese, ham and salami are produced locally.CP and Thai- German are some of the bigger producers of ham, salami, bacon etc.

Thai- Danish is a state run run milk producer and is even exporting to other Asian countries.

Ham and salami is made of pork, didn't you read the news article a few days ago that Thailand DOESN"T import pork ?

Two months ago size 2 eggs were 77bht for 30, today they are 100bht for 30 from Makro.

As far as I know the dairy factory in CM use real milk, they sell raw milk as well, there are cows hanging around the place.

They also make yoghurt and cheese (can you even make yoghurt and cheese from milk powder? ... apparently you can)

If the bread is made from wheat, then the wheat is imported, unless you know different.

I also buy Foremost pasteurised full-fat milk, I suppose it could be made from powder but ......

http://www.frieslandcampina.com/english/merken-en-producten/products/liquid-milk.aspx

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Pattaya is what it is, no use trying to sugar coat it.

Why is there a problem with stating the truth these days?

so what is the truth? I'd say the truth is Pattaya is international town, where it is ridiculously cheap to live. What other place even compares? If you don't like Pattaya, you just maybe tired of living.

so what is the truth? I'd say the truth is Pattaya is international town, where it is ridiculously cheap to live. What other place even compares? If you don't like Pattaya, you just maybe tired of living.

Many of us like it well enough, but don't get carried away. It ain't for everyone.

• Like 1

Comparison food costs

Two months ago size 2 eggs were 77bht for 30, today they are 100bht for 30 from Makro.

As far as I know the dairy factory in CM use real milk, they sell raw milk as well, there are cows hanging around the place.

They also make yoghurt and cheese (can you even make yoghurt and cheese from milk powder? ... apparently you can)

If the bread is made from wheat, then the wheat is imported, unless you know different.

I also buy Foremost pasteurised full-fat milk, I suppose it could be made from powder but ......

http://www.frieslandcampina.com/english/merken-en-producten/products/liquid-milk.aspx

But only 2 posts ago all those items you buy now straight from the manufacturer in Thailand were imported and therefor more expensive.

So yet they are local produced, but still more expensive then in countries with a labour cost 10 times that of Thailand.

Seriously, I wonder where you come from if you think pattaya is paradise.

or...maybe you are just first time off the plane yesterday?

Edited by itchybum
  • Like 1

Many of us like it well enough, but don't get carried away. It ain't for everyone.

when did I say it is for everyone?

Im happy it isnt for everyone, if it was, it would be a boring shi_thole.

Edited by valgehiir

I wish there were more Chinese and Indian Pattaya bashers/haters who took time to spread the word in their local news on how bad the place is and that their fellow countrymen should choose another holiday destination :whistling:

• Like 1

I assume English isn't your first language, to give you the benefit of the doubt. The meaning of what I said was that in the past I visited many times and was a frequent visitor but nowadays i am not a frequent visitor. Clear now?

Before it was better in many ways. One was that it seemed like much better value even though these days I would be able to afford to do things gthat i could not back then. i could stay in the best hotels if i wanted to, but i don't, i could could pay the best looking hookers at the poshest GOGO bars but i don't want to and have never been into GOGO bars, i could eat at the poshest restaurants but don't want to as I like a more down to earth atmosphere where I can watch the world go by..

I miss the friendliness, the fun, the character of the place, the politeness and that it was less crowded and had fewer people from countries I have little liking for. I also felt there was less greed, less dishonesty, less hostility and aggression and a sort of innocence and day to day relaxed and laid back lifestyle. Do I need to go on

Firstly for someone to mention English language, it would be wise to get your grammar and spelling correct.

Secondly, the rest of your mambo jumbo hardly makes any sense

So keep up the good work and enjoy your millions of $$$ in the banks

Because truth is in the eyes of beholder.

Some come to Pattaya, stay in soi 6 or 7, then leave and whine about the noise, girls, ladyboys and everything else.

Well DOHHH, if one stayed in the heart of red light district, what did they expect? Christmas Tree with candle lights?!

Pattaya is a resort town, just like any other resort town in the world is does get mad, it DOES NOT however mean that the

entire city is mad. One needs to live here or know those who do to know non tourist zones which offer much more than what you see

• Like 1

when was it friendly around Pattaya, in 1972 maybe? sure you miss those fun times, but this isnt about Pattaya, you miss the good old times when you felt alive. This isnt Pattayas fault, its nature taking its course, and I dont mean to sound cruel. Dont drag everybody down, just cos you feel those times are gone. Pattaya is still lots and lots of fun.

when was it friendly around Pattaya, in 1972 maybe? sure you miss those fun times, but this isnt about Pattaya, you miss the good old times when you felt alive. This isnt Pattayas fault, its nature taking its course, and I dont mean to sound cruel. Dont drag everybody down, just cos you feel those times are gone. Pattaya is still lots and lots of fun.

Nope, not 1972, 1998 ish when I first got here. And I was 32 then, 47 now and I feel more alive and relaxed now than then and I have aged well, i..e, not aged that much at all and approximately the same weight and build and still have all my hair. I also, as I have said, far more spending power, literally 30 times what I had then, even though I lived here for a year or so and spent freely. I am not showing off about money, just saying its not the price rise itself that puts me off, its all that I said above and I am saying it as the first reaction of the zombies reading these posts is to claim if anyone is negative then they must be too poor to afford to live here.

It isn't me, its Pattaya, Pattaya isn't what it was. It isn't a shadow of its former itself. The former character and friendliness has gone. It has been replaced by greed and nastiness, concrete and ugliness and hordes of rude and nasty tourists from the cesspits of the world. There are still little hidden gems, thats the only reason I still come back once or twice a year, but they are fewer and further in between with each visit.

if you still love it then good luck, it takes all kinds to make up the world.

• Like 1

when you say it takes all kinds to make up world , its almost as if you mean even retarded people deserve a place under the sun, but never mind. I do still love it, but i try and make an effort to love it. I I stayed in my room and got bored with it all, I would prolly hate it.

I been here also some time, 11 years. Place hasn't changed really, other than massive Russian invasion starting 2008, and traffic ofc. But towns grow, Pattaya was considered a no no for Bangkok middle class only few years ago, now they flock here, and it ruins Pattaya for drivers. But why drive when you live here? Its like complaining about traffic if you own a car in Manhattan.

paddyjenkins, its something else that bothers you. Im also not as excited as i was when i first got here, but it isnt Pattaya thats letting me down.. its the routine maybe? We get used to stuff?

• Like 1

when you say it takes all kinds to make up world , its almost as if you mean even retarded people deserve a place under the sun, but never mind.

What would you suggest as allotment for people who have the unfortunate to be retarded ? That they be put in jail or shot ?

How about gay's ?

jbrain, Im sorry, I have never in my life purchased milk in Pattaya grocery store. Please refer to somebody else for those matters.

EDIT: this also applies to cost of bacon, jbrain.

Edited by valgehiir

jbrain, Im sorry, I have never in my life purchased milk in Pattaya grocery store. Please refer to somebody else for those matters.

EDIT: this also applies to cost of bacon, jbrain.

So it must be that you refer to yourself when you used the words " retarded people " don't deserve a place under the sun.

I ask you again, should we extend the " not deserve a place under the sun " to gay people ?