Walen School - Teacher Training + One Year Thai Work Permit, 49,960 Baht

How is Walden meeting the requirements of the Thai workers to foreign workers ratio to qualify for the amount of work permits it projects it will need?

Please note that it is Walen not Walden. I do not have the need to explain all the internal workings of my company, rest assured that I deliver on what I promise. If I cannot get someone a work permit I will not charge them. Zero financial risk. I have my reputation to think of. I would not risk my reputation for 50k.

My mistake about the name.

Do you find the need to explain any workings of your company?

You say that you deliver on what you promise. Could you make a promise on this thread?

You say that if you can't get a work permit, you won't charge. What do you mean? You won't charge for the course or you won't charge for the work permit fee?

I do not charge for my work on applicant's work permit and it is a lot of work as some of you may know. A lot more than applying for documents for an ED visa to put things in prospective. I just charge for the course. I promise that after looking at someones application and their education I will tell them if I can get them a work permit or not. If I cannot I will tell them that too. I will not charge them and then later when I am not not able to get WP for them refuse the refund. Does not apply to those who just wish to get training but are not requiring a work permit.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hilarious, it's like asking big C for the item free when they get the price wrong, only for them to claim you the customer put the wrong price on the shelf! I think Wallen is doing itself more harm then good with this thread

sms, you are obviously a marketing expert. i am at the stage in my life that if I don't make any more money I will not worry too much about it but I do enjoy running this wonderful business and many benefit from me doing that. So far I have an inbox full of applicants so it cannot be that bad. When i was promoting ED visas people like you were writing exactly the same things, scam, i am killing my school and so on. Now there are tens of thousands of people in ED visas. So time will show what happens.

Please note, it is not Wallen but Walen.

Hilarious, it's like asking big C for the item free when they get the price wrong, only for them to claim you the customer put the wrong price on the shelf! I think Wallen is doing itself more harm then good with this thread

sms, you are obviously a marketing expert. i am at the stage in my life that if I don't make any more money I will not worry too much about it but I do enjoy running this wonderful business and many benefit from me doing that. So far I have an inbox full of applicants so it cannot be that bad. When i was promoting ED visas people like you were writing exactly the same things, scam, i am killing my school and so on. Now there are tens of thousands of people in ED visas. So time will show what happens.

Since your inbox is full, why are you wasting your time on making threads and responding?? Should not you be going through all those emails?

Hence you are so wealthy now, i still do not understand why you pay such a low wage to your staff? both English and Thai teachers?

Lemoncake, I think they really did not like you. I cannot see another possible reason. Maybe you were a bad student, had an attitude, maybe you have insulted some of my staff or offended them in some other way. No idea. It was long time ago, 2, 3 years ago. Such an old story that you are getting boring with the same things. I'm sure other posters do not want to read your comments any more so maybe just take a holiday. Past is past, we cannot change it. I do not expect you to be a Walen student in the future either, too much negativity on your part. Could not accept responsibility for your progress.

Ohhh, i see..... so it was all my fault?

Can you please point out where in your guarantee you mention the conditions?

It is on the home page of thaiwalen.com, we replace bad lessons with good lessons if that was the case. Your case is several years old so it has expired for you. Just don't get a heart attack from all that negativity.

I do not see the condition which says student must be liked by the teachers, please point it out for me?

The age of my case makes no difference at all, not to mention there are hundreds of new cases all over the net and no one has been refunded.

I also find it interesting that you remember my case and you would also remember you offered me a couple of free lessons, if i read it correctly now the offer should have been just as many new lessons as the originally paid ones.

So why did you offer me ONLY A COUPLE on a 180 classes program? and why would i want to accept more lessons from the same bad teachers? how would that fix the problem?

Do you think by attending more classes where Isaan is taught, i somehow would start to speak Thai?

Because most lessons were good or at least good enough as you were in a class with others and you are the only one with so many issues. Hope you are not mental or anything, we had a few students like that too, some ended up in a hospital, others take medications. Thailand is an amazing country. Lots of people come here and some lose their mind. I heard lots of amazing stories. Still wish you all the best, but if you got of my back would be appreciated. I am tired and others are tired too.

Since your inbox is full, why are you wasting your time on making threads and responding?? Should not you be going through all those emails?

Hence you are so wealthy now, i still do not understand why you pay such a low wage to your staff? both English and Thai teachers?

Just shows you how little you know about my school. Many of my staff work with me for years. Get rise every 6 months, bonus, trips and generally good treatment. For example just took 6 of my staff to Japan for one week, 50k per person. You should be able to recognise Khun Oh.

Have you ever run a business? There are a lot of things you think you know but you don't know.

post-46756-0-01366300-1369492822_thumb.j

Because most lessons were good or at least good enough as you were in a class with others and you are the only one with so many issues. Hope you are not mental or anything, we had a few students like that too, some ended up in a hospital, others take medications. Thailand is an amazing country. Lots of people come here and some lose their mind. I heard lots of amazing stories. Still wish you all the best, but if you got of my back would be appreciated. I am tired and others are tired too.

cheesy.gif And how exactly do you know how many were good? you did not sit in on even onerolleyes.gif

It never crossed your mind i was the only one there to actually learn , while all the rest were there for the Visa. Perhaps the reason why i attended every single class, while all others were seen once per month if lucky.

What did you think the reason was for my coming paying 25k and not asking for ED visa?

I see now it pays to be a sponsor, can write any rubbish and get away with it.

• Like 1

Lemoncake, I think they really did not like you. I cannot see another possible reason. Maybe you were a bad student, had an attitude, maybe you have insulted some of my staff or offended them in some other way. No idea. It was long time ago, 2, 3 years ago. Such an old story that you are getting boring with the same things. I'm sure other posters do not want to read your comments any more so maybe just take a holiday. Past is past, we cannot change it. I do not expect you to be a Walen student in the future either, too much negativity on your part. Could not accept responsibility for your progress.

Ohhh, i see..... so it was all my fault? 

Can you please point out where in your guarantee you mention the conditions?

It is on the home page of thaiwalen.com, we replace bad lessons with good lessons if that was the case. Your case is several years old so it has expired for you. Just don't get a heart attack from all that negativity. 

I do not see the condition which says student must be liked by the teachers, please point it out for me?

The age of my case makes no difference at all, not to mention there are hundreds of new cases all over the net and no one has been refunded.

I also find it interesting that you remember my case and you would also remember you offered me a couple of free lessons, if i read it correctly now the offer should have been just as many new lessons as the originally paid ones.

So why did you offer me ONLY A COUPLE on a 180 classes program? and why would i want to accept more lessons from the same bad teachers? how would that fix the problem?

Do you think by attending more classes where Isaan is taught, i somehow would start to speak Thai?

Wow. Now your implying that customers who complain have mental issues. The fact that a customer does not like the teaching method ( a totally different language teaching method akin to Callan method if I'm not mistaken) they do not get a refund. Partial or otherwise.

Also what is the point of teacher training if they can't get a work permit and teach.. just be straight up and honest and state the requirements eg minimum bachelors degree and further testing to get a teaching license. If your teaching staff don't have this then they are not legal.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

You bet me to that post!

I really know nothing about teaching in Thailand (apart from 18 years ago when I first came here and I lasted about 2 hours - it was not paid just a favor)

Since then I have worked my balls off to be where I am; and I am only wasting my time here as this topic keeps coming up the top of the forum (I am trying to finalize my application for TC)

but its a riveting read I must say!

it's just a matter of post until someone will mis spell "Wallen" and drop the "En" and adds a Y "Wally" LOL

Just shows you how little you know about my school. Many of my staff work with me for years. Get rise every 6 months, bonus, trips and generally good treatment. For example just took 6 of my staff to Japan for one week, 50k per person. You should be able to recognise Khun Oh.

Have you ever run a business? There are a lot of things you think you know but you don't know.

So you took 6 dollies on a beano to Japan...fair one lad!!!

cheesy.gif ,You expect me to believe this rubbish? In under 6 months, i was there, we changed 7 teachers

Yes i have run a business in Thailand and still am running a business and have been doing it for over 10 years, so i might just know little more than you think

Oh is the only girl who has been with you for over 6 months, and this pic is how old exactly?w00t.gif

I think there are requirements to being a teacher. At the bear minimum, a bachelors degree is required. What Mac seems to be offering is a course to improve teaching skills and not any other qualification. If your goal is to be a better teacher, then this course may work for you. There really is nothing wrong it. However, Mac's passion for his product seems to be putting the horse in front of the carriage.

• "We are offering teacher training in the use of our unique teaching system for 49,960 baht, and in addition to that we will also provide a one year work permit."

Considering he made this statement on the ThaiVisa forum (full of global skeptics) and inside the "Thai visas, residency and work permits" forum, it came out as a bit dodgy. However, if Mac's intentions were "trolling" for the purpose of keeping this thread at the top of all other discussions, then you have to give him credit for succeeding. It's a pretty good marketing strategy. 8 pages of gripes and complaints can attest to that. Chances are some were moved to apply. If this were the only place Mac advertised, then it might be risky. However, ThaiVisa is only one of many places I have seen Walen School of Thai.

If Mac's teacher training is as good as his marketing strategy, then it might be a pretty good course. (if my theory of why he advertised like this is correct).wai.gif

Richard, it is not just training but also a work permit. I have to look at someones educaition etc. but I believe most would qualify.

MacWallen

What exactly qualifies you to "look" at someone's education.

If I told you I had an MA from Cambridge what does that signify ?

May we could be treated to a summery of your education -----checkable dates and awarding bodies ?

Edited by jrtmedic
  • Like 1

MacWallen

May we be treated to a summery of your education -----checkable dates and awarding bodies ?

I am sure any educational institution in Thailand must be recognized by the MOE? or is Walen just a business? and if so does the Ministry recognize them as an educator?

I quote you from previous posts:

"rest assured that I deliver on what I promise."

"I will not accept the payment for the course if they required with it a work permit."

So why is the title of this post:

Walen School - Teacher Training + One Year Thai Work Permit, 49,960 Baht

Chris we all I am sure value your contribution but we are awaiting MacWalen to respond to my very simple question(s)

He hasn't responded fully to anyones questions, what makes you think he will respond to yours ??

Then again, I think he is done with this thread now, too busy on the other thread about work permits.

Which he has just now managed to turn around into the original plan of advertising the 'school'..

Can't be doing much business if he spends all his time on TV :)

As an "Educator" he should be able to answer my question with ease !

I also wonder why he is so shy about revealing his own (checkable) educative background ?

My point was a follow on from your question....

Your totally correct and if you are running a "School" then the Ministry of Education should know about it right? and in turn vet the "School"....

MacWallen

I would guess that as an employer it is his every right to look at an applicant's educational background in a country where the applicant will need certain qualifications (a B.A.) to be employed as promised.

This is an informational topic, not a place to fight and argue. If you don't like it, you have the option to ignore it and read something else. If you come here to start an argument, then you lose your posting rights. Simple as that. Nobody is forcing anyone to read it.

• Like 1

Easier to badmouth someone who's successful...Bastard making real money instead of living with crums like most of the memberswink.png

I agree. I have no idea whether Mr. Whalen is for real, or perhaps he is selling snake oil. I have no idea what he's up to.

But, he has asked people who want details to PM him. He has also hedged about whether he "knows people."

I'm not interested in a teaching job, but if I was I'd PM him. If I liked his answers I'd want to meet him.

He has made it clear that he doesn't want to give details in a public forum, and asked to be PM'd, but people have generated 10 pages, partly demanding public details. I'm referring back to both threads here.

The smart people who might want a job and a work permit on here would PM him and find out if he is on to something. He's been around long enough that he knows what a work permit is, and only after being pressed and pressed did he say "working for him."

It wouldn't cost a single baht to just ask him privately instead of flaming born of no inside information.

TiT.

MacWallen

May we could be treated to a summery of your education -----checkable dates and awarding bodies ?

In summary:

Walen students regularly give desk-standing ovations to unqualified but brilliant teachers. Every day is Dead Poets Day at Walen. Fact.

• Like 1