Motorcycle Inspection For Registration - Where?

ricklev

I have to get my annual inspection to renew the registration on my Honda Wave. I live close to the Rajadamri BTS station. Anyone know of a close inspection garage? In the past I've gone to one close to the Chong Nonsi BTS station on Sathorn, but I prefer to ride it as little as possible in Bangkok. Even riding it that far annoys me. Thanks!

My insurance agent does it for me each year for a small fee. He transfers the VIN number to tape, which is buried under the fairing on the front fork (PITA), and charges me for the inspection and registration. I get the new sticker and the book back in 3 days and the bike never sees an inspection garage, same for my truck.

• Like 1

Any local shop should be able to do it for you including paying the tax and getting the sticker for you. If they cannot do it, they can certainly tell you where a shop that will do it is located. In the past, I have done it with just the green book. The shop never even saw my motorbike! I do it myself these days because the location is convenient (I am on Suk. 93). Just ask at the place you go to change your oil, fix a flat, or do whatever to your motorbike. They will sort it out. It takes my local shop a day to sort it out and get me a new tax tag if I am too lazy to do it myself. The fee for the service is 120 baht in addition to the cost of the required tests, taxes, and compulsory insurance.

My insurance agent does it for me each year for a small fee. He transfers the VIN number to tape, which is buried under the fairing on the front fork (PITA), and charges me for the inspection and registration. I get the new sticker and the book back in 3 days and the bike never sees an inspection garage, same for my truck.

That's the way forward. Totally understand your feelings of Bkk riding, that's why I employed an agent. She gets it all done for a 300THB fee.

You may find ads in Thai local rags, otherwise ask around...they are everywhere, just need to know what you're looking for.