First Who's Up Who's Down Of The Season

1871... that was the year the players who play in the shirt "wat be my avitar right now) first entered the football league (in England) we have NEVER played in the top flight in all those years.. well after todays result we will be playing against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal. Man Utd , Chelsea et al next year.

If we can be a Wigan or West Ham ... I will indeed be a happy man. I never thought I would EVER live to see this day... hope I can live another 5 months till the season starts :o)

I dont expect many responses to this thread.. but every dog must have its day.. and I am sure you can understand... (if you are an English footie fan)..... how exited I am.

OK.. bring it on I am not expecting us to do THAT WELL, we are never gonna beat the top teams.. but if we can SURVIVE that will make me a happy man!!

Chock Dee Reading

TP

Gotta celebrate now... uh .. Wife has gone to bed already and I am on me own.... oh well.....

congrats to reading and all those who support her , they have had a storming season and deserve promotion.

the championship is a tough league to play in and even harder to get out of , and it will be interesting to see how they get on next season.

and i wonder who will get to go up with them ???

the play offs are such nail biting games , there is just too much at stake.

i'm hoping leeds will grab the second automatic promotion place.

Thanks Tax... I hope its Leeds too.... cant stand that big mouth Neil Warnock ... but I fear you wont catch them... but if I have a word with Mr.Coppell,, maybee we can throw the game coming up with you, and that will be 3 extra points you have... all YOU have to do then is beat them at Bramall Lane... and Bob's your Uncle!!.. Welcome to the PREMIERSHIP

Truely great achivement for Reading,TP,I would love to see them do well in the Premier Leauge good luck,and I'm sure you will make it though the next 5 months unscaved.

Sheff Utd and Watford to join them, I reckon.

Watched Norwich last night,very poor and out of the playoff race now.

There you go T.P.

Reading confirmed champions in style and deservedly so. :o again.....................

Sorry i couldn,t send this yesterday but my ADSL was off most of the day, along with TOT backup.

I couldn,t even find out how the owls had done till late afternoon. ( nail bitting stuff for us )

It,s never happened before ( ADSL situ. ) makes me wonder if it was meant to be. ??????????????

WELL DONE to you all connected with the ROYALS

marshbags :D:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Hiya TP,

Another big win for the Royals.

I bet your like a Cheshire cat with a permanent smille on your face.

As for " another " big defeat for us, i kinda expected it as it,s always tough at the bottom fighting for survival.

Also in the local rag our beloved manager ( who is a good bloke and knowledgeable. )

said lots of things the day before on winning at Crewe and then relaxing a bit and getting in shape for a good run next season and purchasing several new players.

I thought Oh No, you know how it is. :o

This i might add is out of character for him as he tends to keep these thoughts to himself and is very superstitious to boot.

The old bum cheeks are a little tight at the moment as it,s so unpredictable for those not clear of the battle.

Finally i,m downloading a web link to a good up and down article that is very handy to keep an eye on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4834364.stm

It includes all the divisions.

I don,t expect Reading to relax as they,ve proved to to be very professional.

So may the best team win on the day when we play each other, but i hope it,s us for obvious reasons.

Having said that what will be will be and there,s always next season, again and, again, and again ect. ect.

Cheers

marshbags :D:D:D

P.S. Take care over Songkran

Edited by marshbags

Congrates to all Reading fans. I am a big Leeds fan but now I am sure Shefield United are on the way up all I can pray for now is a good showing in the play off. As of late Leeds are looking off colour. Say a big pray for us :D Goooooooooooooo LEEDS.

Oh how can you see the any of the championship games eg Leeds on T.V. in Thailand U.B.C do not show them ;( :o

You can't I am afraid Warriors.

Not even the play-offs.

If somebody can say otherwise I would be interested as I would love to watch them, but I scoured last season but to no avail.

Anyway Good Luck in them, however some Leeds fans think its a bit too soon..and nobody wants to e a "Sunderland" do they?

Personally I feel the only team in the play-offs with any chance of staying up would be Palace

TP

Anyway Good Luck in them, however some Leeds fans think its a bit too soon..and nobody wants to e a "Sunderland" do they?

as a leeds fan those are my feelings too.

i dont think they are strong enough for the premiership yet and if they should get promotion , then next season will be a disaster for them.

are the play offs , or the play off finals shown on ubc ?

Edited by taxexile

Leeds v Reading TODAY!!

Apparantly we will be fielding our strongest team because S.U are not guaranteed promotion just yet, so it will give Leeds a chance to shine.

Leeds played very well at reading and were by all accounts unlucky to win.

As I said Tax, I could find nowhere that broadcast the play-offs last year.

however if you were to join the clubs official website you can LISTEN to every game and get the highlights the next day. I think the cost is 39.99 a year and worth every penny

TP