New Buildings And Development Around Phuket

IrishIvan

I drive past this "ominously looking mosque type ugly project" everyday and have watched its progression for the past 12 or so months..... I was thinking mosque, have you seen the barred doors at the front, doesn't look too inviting for a restaurant. If you go down and have a look at that resort from the beach its very Islamic type construction as well, with the domes etc..... Will be interested to see what it will be. I may stop next week and ask one of the guys building the project.

Cheers...

blends perfectly into the surroundings!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how there is no confirmation about this Central Mall thing, sounds like hear-say to me. I have been dying to know as I drive by it nearly every day but there is no signage around. I would think a big mall would have some kind of advertisement like a "coming soon" or website for more info...

Strange how there is no confirmation about this Central Mall thing, sounds like hear-say to me. I have been dying to know as I drive by it nearly every day but there is no signage around. I would think a big mall would have some kind of advertisement like a "coming soon" or website for more info...

The new Tesco Lotus on Chao Fa West has nothing to indicate what is going up there. Maybe they don't want to invite protest such as the one they were going to build in Phuket Town & Central may feel the same way. The large warehouse type structure for the Central project could mean it will have two levels.

• Like 1

If you mean this location http://map.panphuket.com/mappoint/element-factory

It's a new element factory for the houses.

I rode by that location today and stopped BIB car which was leaving the place to ask what is build there. At least that was the explanation I got from them. There might also be some errors in communication.

What is an element factory & for what houses?

I drive past this "ominously looking mosque type ugly project" everyday and have watched its progression for the past 12 or so months..... I was thinking mosque, have you seen the barred doors at the front, doesn't look too inviting for a restaurant. If you go down and have a look at that resort from the beach its very Islamic type construction as well, with the domes etc..... Will be interested to see what it will be. I may stop next week and ask one of the guys building the project.

Cheers...

blends perfectly into the surroundings!

Give that road a miss on Friday's then.It's dangerous at the best of times

• Like 1

I rode by that location today and stopped BIB car which was leaving the place to ask what is build there. At least that was the explanation I got from them. There might also be some errors in communication.

Thats for pre making walls etc for homes or apartment buildings which are then delivered to the location where the house is stacked a bit like kids do with Legos. You might have a better term for this type of construction.

The aim is to speed up the building process and quality.

There factories has been popping up around the island. There is (or was) one close to BIS and another at Bang Rong.

Innova-passivehouse-renovation-detail-30

Thats for pre making walls etc for homes or apartment buildings which are then delivered to the location where the house is stacked a bit like kids do with Legos. You might have a better term for this type of construction.

There factories has been popping up around the island. There is (or was) one close to BIS and another at Bang Rong.

If concrete they are known as ''pre cast panels'' in Aus..wai.gif

Edited by andreandre

If concrete they are known as ''pre cast panels'' in Aus..wai.gif

I'm told its building supplies, your explanation sounds correct, its large and the roof tells you its no central..rolleyes.gif

Another interesting one is the project on the intersection of Thepkrasattri and Damrong Roads, opposite Satree Phuket School. It used to be a big Esso station, but then they put up the equivalent of a 'renovation sign' in Thai. As there are already too few service stations on the island (the Shell in Samkong closed a few years ago too) I thought it would just be an upgrade. Now I notice a sign that says "Shianghai School"....I really don't understand whey there are so few gas stations on the island, but so many beauty salons, minimarts, pharmacies, dog grooming parlors, etc. I guess it comes as no surprise that there will be a new Chinese School, however.

On the topic of mosques, they are building a large one on Anupas Phuketkarn Road, near the public housing project in Rassada. (see pic)

In the same area there is another hilarious sign (pic attached, worth a look) encouraging people to call the "Phuker Police" if they see any dangerous or emergency situations. It's located right in front of the PPAO's 'Saphan Ruam Community Help Center", which was totally destroyed by rock throwing youths, the barber across the street told me.

post-40708-0-22214200-1370275564_thumb.j

post-40708-0-53098200-1370275579_thumb.j

post-40708-0-49149400-1370275592_thumb.j

Sorry to Hijack - BUT what about the new Mosque -esqe looking place on the road from Patong to Kata?

Is it a restaurant? How the hell did they get permission to build that thing??

Oh wait.........

Stopped and had a look inside lastnight..a couple of workers but no communication of what it is.

I don't have any time at all for the crazy radical muslims and their beliefs, but their architecture is really something amazing IMO and this place is no exception....the design and finish is first class...beautiful.

Anyway on leaving i look up on the outside ,both left and right of the giant entry doors and there are some carved wood exterior light fittings.

Carved into them says ''Baray Villa'']..

Isn't there a same name place in Kata?

Out of curiosity did a google search on baray villas..Kata Partly describes as "of Asian and Arabian influences."

That ties in with influence of the new one i posted earlier[tho no mention of that]

Maybe a new outlet for them..time will tell i figure..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The extension of tescos in Rawaii is coming along very quickly

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think you'll find that is a makro going next door to tesco.

Variety is good. Villa, tesco and makro within a few hundred metres.

Edited by hansgruber

I also noticed in Patong today the road that takes you to the beach road on the right hand side has all been demolished. It cant have been more than 3 years old. Its a shame as it was a good place to park

It's a new Central Mall.

Is it? I saw that written on here before and have since come to the conclusion that even at this stage it doesn't seem to have any kind of floor plan like a shopping center. I thought it looks more wareshouse like, and a Big C type st most.

Where did you hear that? Would be great if it was correct, plus the new planned one opposite the existing one...

Yeah it looks like a bunnings or a giant garage. Im with you it doesnt even look close to a central

Is it another car showroom? They have been going up in numbers over the last 6 months from the monument to airport turnoff.

I also noticed in Patong today the road that takes you to the beach road on the right hand side has all been demolished. It cant have been more than 3 years old. Its a shame as it was a good place to park

If that's the place nearly opposite Duanjitt Resort, I noticed that myself last month. Quite a large plot of land. I also enjoyed the parking. Had a few beers at Phuket Island Lager Bar many years ago and a burger at Steveo's Burgers. That place (DJ Plaza, i think) never seemed to take off. I wonder if any of the owners were compensated? TIT.