Best Vegetarian Restaurants In Bangkok...

angsta

My shout is for Anotai. A little off the beaten track but simple enough to get to if you know where you're going, and it really is worth finding. Eating there actually convinced me I could be vegetarian (I'm not). The food's a mix of Western and Asian.

For Italian veg/vegan I believe there's a little place called Govinda on Sukhumvit soi 22, although I can't vouch for it as I haven't eaten there.

Not really a restaurant but I'm pretty sure there's Tamarind Cafe in MBK's food court too. I haven't tried it but did visit their other place and the food was good.

As already mentioned, you'll always be safe with the Indian places (if like me you're from the UK then I suppose you might consider Indian to be "Western").

Good luck.

tommytouch, on 28 May 2013 - 17:47, said:

My shout is for Anotai. A little off the beaten track but simple enough to get to if you know where you're going, and it really is worth finding. Eating there actually convinced me I could be vegetarian (I'm not). The food's a mix of Western and Asian.

For Italian veg/vegan I believe there's a little place called Govinda on Sukhumvit soi 22, although I can't vouch for it as I haven't eaten there.

Not really a restaurant but I'm pretty sure there's Tamarind Cafe in MBK's food court too. I haven't tried it but did visit their other place and the food was good.

As already mentioned, you'll always be safe with the Indian places (if like me you're from the UK then I suppose you might consider Indian to be "Western").

Good luck.

Govinda is OK. I was there a years a few ago, I didn't realise it was a vegetarian place (I am not vegetarian) until we sat down but decided to roll with it anyway for something different.

We had a pumpkin gnocchi that was pretty good actually and also a (soy bacon) carbonara that didn't compare to a real one but was passable. They have fairly small servings and relatively high prices though so I would only recommend it if you were really hankering for Italian.

There were a few other interesting pizzas and such on the menu as well. It didn't seem like they were trying very hard to be creative with vegetables in their dishes though, rather they just tended to stick to traditional meat-based Italian dishes replaced with tofu or soy substitutes.

Edited by Glock3am

Chennai Kitchen.. Silom... Behind Silom Indian Temple... in Thanon Pan.. same side of Temple.. about 50metres in.

Price reasonable.. family run.. and good taste and clean.

I will truly never understand why people like Chennai Kitchen. I respect your taste, but I respectfully disagree on the cleanliness. It's family run alright, but they don't seem like very happy people. The food is OK, but there are lots of better Indian options all over Bangkok. The couple of times I've eaten there it's just depressed me.

Happy Cow is your friend as noted above! And I note that I'm in the minority when it comes to Chennai Kitchen according to the posters on Happy Cow.

I went to Govinda a few years ago, and quite frankly, it was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten in Bangkok. A small, bland, and obviously frozen piece of lasagna which was far over priced.

If you're a vegetarian in the mood for Italian, just choose one of the better Italians restaurants in BKK and order something without meat.