Importing Used/second Hand Household Effects

I Have a Retirement Visa good until July 30, 2014. I wish to import my personal belongings, as I live here in Pattaya now. I have been told by an Import Co here in Pattaya that I have to pay taxes and duties because I am not married to a Thai. I was told that I could bring in used/second hand stuff tax and duty free. Who's right?

Do you know anyone I can talk to here in Pattaya? Custom Broker, Freight Clearance Agent or someone for Customs Clearance, prefer in ENGLISH. If not in Pattaya, how about Bangkok. Do I need someone to clear customs for me or can I do it myself?

Thank you in advance

Yes work permit a must, i just shipped my personal belongings from Hong Kong to BKK, using asian tiger (shipping company). Tried to send it in my wifes name (thai) but still had to pay taxes as she didnt stay in HK more then a year that was required. Ended up paying 5500b. Also asian tigre would NOT be able to ship items in my name as no WP!

I know previously I have seen that the retirement visa includes a provision for importing normal household goods within 6 months of receiving your visa. But now I can find nothing that states that. It seems bizarre that they would issue retirement visas and then actually bar one from importing any household goods, duty-free or not.

Yes work permit a must, i just shipped my personal belongings from Hong Kong to BKK, using asian tiger (shipping company). Tried to send it in my wifes name (thai) but still had to pay taxes as she didnt stay in HK more then a year that was required. Ended up paying 5500b. Also asian tigre would NOT be able to ship items in my name as no WP!

How eas the duration of her stay outside Thailand verified?

Thx

I also had to pay tax when I brought my stuff in (7,000 Bht). Used a company called Links to ship stuff from Hong Kong to Samui, and they had an agent in Bangkok who handled the customs clearance, I had to go to Bangkok and give them my passport for 3 days but it was all pretty smooth and the amount in the end was much lower than the Hong Kong company had estimated.

How eas the duration of her stay outside Thailand verified?

Thx

Stamps in the Thai passport.