Lack of impulse control

Just watching YouTuber Paul in the Philippines and he talks about failures of expats because "Lack of impulse control"

And what is lack of impulse control 

He gives examples buying things you don't need ,giving money to extended families etc

But it seems most guys are in jail because of lack of impulse control 

I will give you a example, I opened up a glass door the other day in Pattaya to walk into the building, a group of young male Indian students decide me opening the door was a sign they could exit so they pushed past me , couldn't wait for me to come in I'm in the doorway , so I stopped one guy and told him the bad manners ,now things could of turned nasty I could of threw a punch ,b

The consequences, so lack of impulse control

Control it ! If your a expat ,Control your lack of impulses !!!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

He is talking mostly about foreigners who come to Philippines who meet a lady online and then arrive there and buy her whole family houses etc after knowing her online 

They are not making LOGICAL decisions,they are making EMOTIONAL decisions 

Same as example a correctional officer writes that number 2 reason people are in jail is because they couldn't control their emotions ,had they stopped and never reacted to their IMPULSE then they wouldn't be in jail 

Edited by georgegeorgia

The foreigners Farangs who fall in love and start buying houses ,giving money to uncles aunties etc

The hero mentality is a dead-end road that doesn't earn appreciation, it earns the label of being a fool. Money is appreciated at first, then it's expected, then it becomes dependent upon and entitled. The shift through those phases happens pretty fast.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Just watching YouTuber Paul in the Philippines and he talks about failures of expats because "Lack of impulse control"

He gives examples buying things you don't need ,giving money to extended families etc

I will give you a example, I opened up a glass door the other day in Pattaya to walk into the building, a group of young male Indian students decide me opening the door was a sign they could exit so they pushed past me , couldn't wait for me to come in I'm in the doorway , so I stopped one guy and told him the bad manners ,now things could of turned nasty I could of threw a punch ,b

I hate folks that push past me, few years back a Chinaman try to shove past me on the ramp to the Orange Flag boat so I gva him a hip check and almost dumped him in the river. The Thais loved it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

We might add to that examples of posting about things that you don't need to post about and that nobody cares about.

Posted (edited)

I think it's more lack of boundries and inability to set limits, then impulse control. They get thrown into a society that does not enforce limits on personal behavior like their home country does, so they don't have the self-control skills required for long term success.

Edited by JimTripper

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Even before his car stopped I had pulled the driver's door open and was physically pulling him out of the car! 

Says the guy with the (EX) crazy wife  !!!   😋

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Says the guy with the (EX) crazy wife  !!!   😋

Yep - I learnt from her that people get scared of nutters....!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I think it's more lack of boundries and inability to set limits, then impulse control. They get thrown into a society that does not enforce limits on personal behavior like their home country does, so they don't have the self-control skills required for long term success.

Very interesting points.

Possibly 

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

lack of impulse control

In Manila, the prefrontal cortex is crucial if one wishes to stay on he straight and narrow.

If your prefrontal cortex is weak, then do not go there.

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

And as you look back on your sad life you greatest achievement was nothing ,what exactly did you achieve?

you disappointed your own mother even , 

You write how U wear black socks with sandals 

Ludicrous mate !

a bit harsh to pass judgement and call the guy's entire life into question, no?

not to mention you don't know much about him. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Some years ago at Swampy Airport, a Merc driver tried to 'push' across the zebra crossing while the traffic staff had told him to stop.  I was crossing at the time.  As he tried to brush me and my luggage out of the way I kicked his door as hard as I could.  He naturally stopped to reason with me, but I didn't give him that chance.  Even before his car stopped I had pulled the driver's door open and was physically pulling him out of the car!  I'm a small, old bloke and he clearly thought that I was crazy!! He waied and apologised to me while the traffic staff were p*ssing themselves laughing...

Afterwards, I decided that my actions had not been wise - he could have pulled a gun on me.....

A very good example of "lack of impulse control" not so different from "so I stopped one guy and told him the bad manners"

Sometimes it is just better to not nothing, breathe, relax, sabai sabai

The at of not be upset by the world around you. Things you can not control

Edited by Hummin
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

failures of expats because "Lack of impulse control"

It's immaturity, sometimes it's due to poor parenting. 

You see these failures regularly on AN threads, some members instantly, without hesitation reply with hostility and anger always nasty, abusive replies. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yep - I learnt from her that people get scared of nutters....!

George Melly was threatened by a couple of muggers one night in Manchester after he had been doing a show.

He was very enthusiastic about Dadaism/Surrealism and starting reciting this Dada poem as loudly and dramatically as he could........it got rid of them:

Edited by Enoon

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

The other day you were in Pattaya? I thought you were in the Philippines. Or I guess the other day could be back in March.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

A very good example of "lack of impulse control" not so different from "so I stopped one guy and told him the bad manners"

Sometimes it is just better to not nothing, breathe, relax, sabai sabai

The at of not be upset by the world around you. Things you can not control

Very true..but ...it's not so easy in real life ..yo let someone push past you 

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

a bit harsh to pass judgement and call the guy's entire life into question, no?

not to mention you don't know much about him. 

You would go out with him wearing black socks and sandals ?

In hot weather and he's wearing these !

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

You would go out with him wearing black socks and sandals ?

In hot weather and he's wearing these !

you need to demonstrate impulse control when someone criticizes your threads.

and no, i wouldnt be caught dead hanging out with that guy. 

• Haha 1