Thrown Out Of Mcdonalds

petedk

I am sitting in McDonalds at Major Ekamai having a coffee and a sandwich.

A few minutes ago a cop came in and walked around and threw out about three groups of school kids (probably 12-15 in all). I realised it was because they were just sitting there without buying anything.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, a few years back they made PC Game Parlours and other like venues off limits to kids in school uniforms during school hours. They used to have signs out the front stating such. I think it died out though.

In this particular case, I am a former restaurant owner, and used to have to deal with the same types of problems back in Oz. Freeloaders. The public will send you broke. if you let them.

• Like 1

What time of the day was it?Maybe they should have been in school?
I've had it happen before,more in the Philippines with women grabbing chairs before you and purchasing nothing but I'm the sort to go and demand the staff tell her I need the seat as I'm a paying customer.
Either that or ask her if she is going to buy anything but they always lie anyway there!

It was about 16.30. The kids had all finished school.

I think it's great to get rid of people who don't buy anything.

I remember going to Paris a good 15 years ago and as soon as people had finished their food the staff cleared the tables and asked the customers to leave.

On another note I spent nearly two hours in a coffee shop/restaurant last week eating with a group of friends. Next to our table was some guy with a laptop and books reading people's fortune. He'd taken up two tables (10-12 places) and the place was full as it was Sunday lunch time. He had a glass of lemon juice and that was all. Think how much custom they lost. People left as there were no seats available.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a restaurant you go their to eat.

Would you just walk into Mario's Italian Restaurant and pull up a seat, "can I help you".

"No where just hanging around".

I have never seen people go their just to sit, don't they have any shame.

Didn't McDonalds bring in some new rule lately about only being able to stay for a maximum of 1 hour after purchasing food ?

They have many rules in Thailand that are not enforced.

Can you really see Thai staff confronting other Thais over the time spent in the restaurant ?

• Like 1

Why do they need the police to evict "free seaters"?

Can't staff and management grow some balls and throw them out by themselves?

In the Land of the Khatoey that is probably an unfortunate choice of phrase. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Can we do the same with all the people who think petrol stations are just for free toilets and parking ?

I see you are fellow aficionado of the hard-shoulder, hazard flashers on (optional), 'shooting rabbits' brigade. Nice to meet you Sir!

• Like 2

Yeah let's get rid of all the non-paying people everywhere, especially the kids.

Let's make Thailand a place where you have to pay for everything.

Breathing is still free but bad quality, Chinese are selling oxygen fresh air in cans, lets all breath through those, and nevermind the poor who can't afford it!

Let's poison the food and just leave a fraction of it non poisoned for the rich who can afford it! Oh wait ! It's already happening !

What?

You haven't been here very long it seems. coffee1.gif

As a director, I would do that by myself.

I'd guess that had been tried but the kids just ignore them as they are lowly McDonalds staff. Hence the paid muscle.

What does me is the places like Se-Ed where people are just sitting on the floor reading the books. <deleted> its a business not a bloody library. Or worse are the people blocking up the aisle reading the mags on the rack. No intention of buying anything. Like I really want to buy a magazine after it's been read 100 times and looks as if it's a reject from an amateur origami competition.

The staff just let them get away with it. I saw one woman once ( one of those early 50s government worker types) jam the magazine back on the rack and the cover half ripped off with her just strolling out cool as you please. Well there's one magazine that won't get sold. Cheeky cow. Are these people your customers? Are they buying something to go towards the shop actually making a living therefore enabling your boss to pay you and you feed your family? No they're just piss-takers. Chuck 'em out!

My grumpy not so old man moan of the day over smile.png

Head for the 'Grumpy old Men" topicbiggrin.png .....But you are right on this one.

• Like 1

McDonnell's Pattaya on Beach Road often have free loading MC Taxi drivers that go in and read the free Thai newspaper (obviously for customers),

I don't think the staff dare kicking them out.

Starbucks Tuk.Com Pattaya, Farang freeloaders sitting outside but not buying anything.

Those people don't have any dignity, no way I would go to those places without buying anything.

I you want free AC you can go to a shopping Mall and look windows/girls, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

try owning your own business and see how you feel about it.

Police? Where I had my first restaurant in Melbourne the Police to come in.

Usually to try and extort free meals from us. In a very subtle manner.

Of course you probably won't believe me, this sort of thing only happens in Thailand right.