Anti-Thaksin Group ' White Faces' To Join Thai Spring

webfact

ANTI-GOVERNMENT MOVEMENT
'White faces' to join Thai Spring

The Nation

mask.jpg

File photo

BANGKOK: -- The anti-Thaksin Shinawatra group that uses the Guy Fawkes mask as a symbol is planning to join up with Thai Spring, another anti-government group.

"We have held preliminary talks and are waiting for Thai Spring to consider. Whatever our future activity is, safety comes first as we emerge from cyberspace and into the real world.

We're trying to check the number of people willing to join and are waiting to decide on a date to rally for people's right.

We also want to demonstrate our refusal to accept parliamentary dictatorship that puts the benefits of corrupt politicians above the interest of the nation and its people," a proclaimed initiator of the group told The Nation via a Facebook exchange.

Members of the group are keeping their identities hidden for safety.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-31

Once again Thais show a lack of originality and have to copy others as in " Thai Spring " but since they are such a nationalistic nation and full of themselves why can't they use a more Thai description such as the " Thai Rainy Season " protest.

Not the color "thing" again....

One more color now that I have to leave out of my wardrobe. No yellow, no red and now, no white..When are they going to use other symbolism instead of color scheme? I might also need to tell GF to stop applying so much white powder on her face...Doesn't it get old? Can we all just make up like adults or just got to keep on this childish act? Are we really setting good example for our kids to follow? Are we teaching our kids to never forgive until we get even? Is this what Thailand politic all about?

Grow up!

"We also want to demonstrate our refusal to accept parliamentary dictatorship that puts the benefits of corrupt politicians above the interest of the nation and its people,"

Well, that's a start...actually been able to do anything about it is another thing wink.png

"We also want to demonstrate our refusal to accept parliamentary dictatorship that puts the benefits of corrupt politicians above the interest of the nation and its people,"

Well, that's a start...actually been able to do anything about it is another thing

It's a positive step forward on a long journey.

• Like 2

Not the color "thing" again....

One more color now that I have to leave out of my wardrobe. No yellow, no red and now, no white..When are they going to use other symbolism instead of color scheme? I might also need to tell GF to stop applying so much white powder on her face...Doesn't it get old? Can we all just make up like adults or just got to keep on this childish act? Are we really setting good example for our kids to follow? Are we teaching our kids to never forgive until we get even? Is this what Thailand politic all about?

Grow up!

Yes, face, and I don't mean anything to do with masks, is so important so revenge, payback, call it what you will is so important and can get into a very vicious circle even if it's just people suing each other.

The anti-Thaksin Shinawatra group that uses the Guy Fawkes mask as a symbol is planning to join up with Thai Spring, another anti-government group.

"We have held preliminary talks and are waiting for Thai Spring to consider. Whatever our future activity is, safety comes first as we emerge from cyberspace and into the real world."

Oh dear, oh dear, cheesy.gif .

Coming to a Starbucks near you soon, hordes of students sharing triple choco decaffe lattes and hogging the wifi waves, plotting the destruction of the government, waiting to see which of the western governments will send them arms, or do they send emissaries to Russis for a few left over missles earmarked for Syria?

Thai Spring, my A

The Thai elite is really original. White faces, with a mask stolen from a movie. Thai spring borrowed from people who would have executed the leaders of the Thai spring movement in a blink of the eye and so on. Let's see what absurd allegations will be made right now. The open letter compared the "ruling" family (that cam't be Shinawatra) with the leaders in North Korea and they mentioned the number of portraits. I still see the portraits from Abhisit everywhere near schools, do they mean him or the boss family? Clear it up please puppet masters at the Nation. Why not attacking the Thai Spring for violating article 112. Still can't the portrait statement right.

Well, that's a start...actually been able to do anything about it is another thing wink.png

The problem is, the trough will always be there, and it is not reasonable to expect new piggys to treat it differently to the old piggys. If nothing else, history has shown us that.

Those of you who follow the musings of exiled political commentator Andrew MacGregor Marshall online will already be aware of the irony of this group using the Guy Fawkes mask as well as their hypocracy and double standards.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The Thai elite is really original. White faces, with a mask stolen from a movie. Thai spring borrowed from people who would have executed the leaders of the Thai spring movement in a blink of the eye and so on. Let's see what absurd allegations will be made right now. The open letter compared the "ruling" family (that cam't be Shinawatra) with the leaders in North Korea and they mentioned the number of portraits. I still see the portraits from Abhisit everywhere near schools, do they mean him or the boss family? Clear it up please puppet masters at the Nation. Why not attacking the Thai Spring for violating article 112. Still can't the portrait statement right.

Couldn't find the petulant foot stamp icon?

• Like 1

Actually I'm all for all for rallies and to a lesser extent protests, red, yellow, whatever color. I think open expression of opinion helps grow a more thinking society. Just keep them peaceful, lawful and in the right places

As I've said before, if I were an Arab, I'd be really upset about the "copyright infringement" of "Thai Spring".

Of course the red shirts didn't copy the yellows by using the shirt colour and foot for hand clappers.

We could go on down this rather silly line and accuse the Egyptians of copying the Tunisians & the Libyians of copying both.

The fact that people want to protest against a dictatorial regime is neither here or there.

• Like 2

Hahaha Thai Spring, how laughable....there will be no "Thai Spring" as they put it. These people are much too shortsighted and ill-informed to properly see through such a serious cause as true social change. These people are children, they always were and always will be. Most of them see the world in the same way their ancestors did 200 years ago. The very thought of a "Thai Spring" or any reference to something that even remotely resembles one is without question, idiotic. This place is a joke and so are its people.

There may well be a Thai spring...but not in the context you allude to. The red shirts...the Khmer Rouge.....understand yet?

On a lighter note though - don't discount the efforts of a small group to make a change - look back to the sixties - the "hippies" changed America...and then the world.

Don't knock these people for their aspirations, and don't tar all of the Thai people with the one broad brush. This is a very condescending and, dare I say it, bigoted attitude from a European point of view. All countries develop at their own pace , and yes, it isn't always at the rate conceived (or demanded/expected) by outsiders.

• Like 2

As I've said before, if I were an Arab, I'd be really upset about the "copyright infringement" of "Thai Spring".

Sorry to wreck your dream, but the copyright rests with the people of the Czech Republic, since 1968.

Agreed, but don't leave out Slovakia. wink.png

The anti-Thaksin Shinawatra group that uses the Guy Fawkes mask as a symbol is planning to join up with Thai Spring, another anti-government group.

"We have held preliminary talks and are waiting for Thai Spring to consider. Whatever our future activity is, safety comes first as we emerge from cyberspace and into the real world."

Oh dear, oh dear, cheesy.gif .

Coming to a Starbucks near you soon, hordes of students sharing triple choco decaffe lattes and hogging the wifi waves, plotting the destruction of the government, waiting to see which of the western governments will send them arms, or do they send emissaries to Russis for a few left over missles earmarked for Syria?

Thai Spring, my A

A group of young Thais refusing to be spoonfed the Shinawatra buffalo manure is a good sign for this country. And it is very telling that you have nothing but abuse and insults for them.

Where is the abuse and insults in my post - I'll leave that to you and your peers. No, my friend, that is an example of richly deserved sarcasm.

Keep safe in your journey "from cyberspace into the real world" where no man has gone before.

dsc_03151288468859.jpg?w=168&h=253 "Thai Spring, TV Support Group Chairman"

Edited by amore

Wight on ! Nice to know that there is a significant population out there sensible enough to see through all the b.s. that is now in power, and smart enough to remain anonymous knowing the penalty for such individual thinking.

Swag! Where can I join. Bless Up, Blud coffee1.gif

Are they the elite?

Just wondering whether you've fallen for the line that those opposed to the 'reds' are therefore the 'elite'.

Suggest you read the history, may open your eyes a bit wider.

And by the way, there's more to this than the 'black' or the 'white'

There are lots of shades of grey and lots of Thais who support part of the red cause but not all of it, and vice versa.

Hahaha Thai Spring, how laughable....there will be no "Thai Spring" as they put it. These people are much too shortsighted and ill-informed to properly see through such a serious cause as true social change. These people are children, they always were and always will be. Most of them see the world in the same way their ancestors did 200 years ago. The very thought of a "Thai Spring" or any reference to something that even remotely resembles one is without question, idiotic. This place is a joke and so are its people.

There may well be a Thai spring...but not in the context you allude to. The red shirts...the Khmer Rouge.....understand yet?

On a lighter note though - don't discount the efforts of a small group to make a change - look back to the sixties - the "hippies" changed America...and then the world.

Don't knock these people for their aspirations, and don't tar all of the Thai people with the one broad brush. This is a very condescending and, dare I say it, bigoted attitude from a European point of view. All countries develop at their own pace , and yes, it isn't always at the rate conceived (or demanded/expected) by outsiders.

The hippies changed America and then the world? how exactly?