Truevisions

richard101

In the interim, until CTH get their act together for showing EPL matches, I have been using GMM. I got a box for 900 baht and a "True Visions" dish and LNB for 500 bath and was able to watch selected Bundesliga and Championship matches (including the playoff semi;s and final) for free.

What was particularly interesting was the picture quality, much better than True standard definition. I almost suspected that True Visions, when I had then a couple of years ago, degraded the SD picture quality in an attempt to "encourage" people to upgrade to HD...

My place looks like Langley, Virginia, sat dishes and cables everywhere. I have True Platinum, J Cable AKA CTH (with the new set top box), Vinasat (Vietnam), and a large 2 Metre heavy black Dynasat dish locked onto what is now known as intel sat 19, formerly intel sat 8, formerly PAS 8.

My next venture maybe into IPTV. You should look into it. Some good stuff around these days, way better than all the others I mention above, providing you have a very good, 5Mbps or better internet service. IPTV is shaping up to be the future of TV across large distances.

In the interim, until CTH get their act together for showing EPL matches, I have been using GMM. I got a box for 900 baht and a "True Visions" dish and LNB for 500 bath and was able to watch selected Bundesliga and Championship matches (including the playoff semi;s and final) for free.

What was particularly interesting was the picture quality, much better than True standard definition. I almost suspected that True Visions, when I had then a couple of years ago, degraded the SD picture quality in an attempt to "encourage" people to upgrade to HD...

CTH I suspect is doing exactly the same thing with their old analogue cable service. Thereby pushing people into upgrading to HD and their new Set Top Box.

i've used true vision for years, pay about 2100b a month, always been infested with repetitive promotional ads so mute button gets a work out. within the last few months many of the channels have gone to hd and what a difference, imo it makes re-watching some shows worth while. a much better product now.

i've used true vision for years, pay about 2100b a month, always been infested with repetitive promotional ads so mute button gets a work out. within the last few months many of the channels have gone to hd and what a difference, imo it makes re-watching some shows worth while. a much better product now.

Have to agree with you regarding True's HD transmissions....the Discovery channels are amazingly clear and the "World From Above' quite breathtaking.

• Like 1

IPTV?

http://www.iptv-thailand.com/superiptvenglish.html

I have a better and cheaper link somewhere in my favourites for around 8,000 baht with all Astro sports channels but I'll have to look and dig it out.

Just found my link but it's gone,it was a Thai IPTV but maybe it's been withdrawn for copyright issues or something,they seem to have the same English IPTV setup though for the same price :

http://www.satellitetvthailand.com/product_info.php?cPath=142&products_id=40

Have to agree with you regarding True's HD transmissions....the Discovery channels are amazingly clear and the "World From Above' quite breathtaking.

I have the platinum package with 4 set top boxes. I gave 1 box to 2 of my friends so the 3 of us split the cost of 2800 baht, roughly 730 Baht each.

Don't know if you know about that deal but it's worth looking into.