Luxury Apartment Needed For A Month

garydubbs

coming up to chiang mai with the wife for a month and wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a higher end apartment, condo or suite (20-50K range) we can rent weekly or for the whole month. looking for something on the edge of the city, maybe overlooking, as we'll be travelling in and out rather than doing the tourist thing inside. usual mod cons required, wifi, flat screen, nice view etc. tried google but honestly not sure who to trust!

also what are considered the nicer areas around town to live longer term?

thanks guys

Edited by garydubbs

Also. with the utmost of respect, would your wife be Farang or Thai? - because, it just about makes all the difference in the world.

i hope this question is related to where we would like to live not stay ;)

shes thai, i'm english and been here a long time, both in our thirties with a solid relationship. we wont be needing access to city so looking to move somewhere with nice neighboorhood, low burglaries (we live on samui nowand its a problem here). we'll be scouting out some places but just looking for some starting points?

The hang dong area is a quiet area with loads of nice moobaans and I live here with my missus too

I like the easy access to the city if needed and the highways that will bring you to just about anywhere if needed without the traffic lights

I used air bnb a lot when I was tackling here for short jaunts and the places I have used are great

Choose a 5 star hotel residence. No hassle / no worries / no problem.

You would be lucky to get a 5* for 50k a month...some charge 25k a night!

Eg.Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi...cheapest rooms 15k a night!

Also. with the utmost of respect, would your wife be Farang or Thai? - because, it just about makes all the difference in the world.

i hope this question is related to where we would like to live not stay wink.png

shes thai, i'm english and been here a long time, both in our thirties with a solid relationship. we wont be needing access to city so looking to move somewhere with nice neighboorhood, low burglaries (we live on samui nowand its a problem here). we'll be scouting out some places but just looking for some starting points?

I have lived in town and a few moo baans and generally the moo baans are safe. Never had a problem in the two houses I have lived in. I think CM is generally quite low regarding crime and burglaries......anyone on here been burgled???

The main choice for living in a moo baan, in my opinion is really down to two areas.....either Hang Dong Road/Canal Road (South) or Sansai/Meechok Plaza (North/North East) area and also has easy access to the city as a bonus....well, outside rush hour!

Plenty of nice places and plenty of choice as well!

Kantary Hills hotel off Nimmaneheiman offers monthly rentals in this price range. I don't know if the place is five stars, but it's definitely four. The suites are fully kitted out, with nice dishes, cutlery, good kitchen with clothes washer and they have good restaurants, a business center, excellent security,and excellent fitness center and pool.

They accept Thai guests -- Hubby has Thai acquaintences who have had small meetings there, with some attendees staying in the hotel. It's not a big place and meetings/tours aren't a large part of their business.

Edited by NancyL

I have lived in town and a few moo baans and generally the moo baans are safe. Never had a problem in the two houses I have lived in. I think CM is generally quite low regarding crime and burglaries......anyone on here been burgled???

low but not so low i guess. just last month a foreigner himself was caught for burglaries and theft and also the burglar that targeted shrines. there was a loud boo haa late last year when a undies burglar not only steal undies, cash and belonging but also raped and killed a woman and how about the farang who got stabbed to death while struggling with a burglar in a mooban.