News Poll Says Thais Most Interested In Current Egg Situation

webfact

Poll says Thais most interested in current egg situation

BANGKOK, 3 June 2013 (NNT) – According to the latest survey, the majority of Thais are most interested in the current egg situation, as egg prices have gone up drastically.

According to ABAC Poll, which was conducted during May 23 to June 1 among 2,000 people of 18 and over nationwide on what kind of news they were most interested in, 80 percent of the respondents said the most interesting news was the current egg situation as the prices were incredibly high; 76 percent said they were interested in the news about the death of a child left in a school van; 73 percent were interested in drugs and crimes, 69 percent in violence in the Deep South, 56 per cent were interested in terrorism in the capital, and another 56 percent of the respondents said they were most interested in the government’s spending.

When asked about how much faith and confidence they have that Thailand’s democracy with the King as the head of state can solve current problems and conflicts, 68 percent said they were very confident in the country’s system, whereas 32 percent said they were not.

As for transparency in the government’s 2 trillion baht mega project, 71 percent of the people voiced reservations about the government's transparency in its budget spending, and almost 90 percent said the government could not explain its spending process well enough to convince people of its transparency.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-2013-06-03 footer_n.gif

Egg prices too expensive, don't eat them then! It's not like eggs are that important to a mean like rice or meat. We can do without kai jiao till the price stabilises.

Well on your income that maybe so, but there are a hell of a lot of Thais on or below the poverty line where eggs are part of the basic diet. You think if they cant afford the eggs they can afford meat?

Very true GJ.

If eggs are so expensive, why hasn't the price of chicken increased?

Which came first?

• Like 1

Egg prices too expensive, don't eat them then! It's not like eggs are that important to a mean like rice or meat. We can do without kai jiao till the price stabilises.

I beg to differ, my weekend Fry-up is a taste of home I would find hard to give just to save a satang or two, took me long enough to find a decent rasher.

• Like 1

Egg prices and availability affected every year from March to June due to hot season affecting the laying volume, once June/July comes and volume increases the egg price goes down - supply and demand.... every year in May/June they do this poll and same result, the hot news is eggs, keeps the masses minds of the real issues... four legs good, two legs better

why do i not miss television , newspapers, tabloid press exactly for that reason, did you not know that news reports in paper or on television do not have to be true !!

• Like 1

Lets break it down:

80% - "MOST interested" egg news (MOST - as in TOP of the list, pinnacle)

76% - "interested" child van death (fair enough)

73% - "interested" drugs and crime (ok sure)

69% - apparently read news about the deep south, no level of interest.

56% - "interested" in capitol area terrorism (again, ok)

56% - "MOST interested" government spending (MOST, again!)

80% + 56% = 136%

Now lets see.....Thai math, its MOST FAN-TASTIC!!!

(or do I mean "journalism"?)

• Like 1

I beg to differ, my weekend Fry-up is a taste of home I would find hard to give just to save a satang or two, took me long enough to find a decent rasher.

Care to share your bacon knowledge?

Polls can total more than 100%, if they are multiple-choice ones, and this is an example of such a poll. I do though think one of the questions has been 'rigged' by asking 'When asked about how much faith and confidence they have that Thailand’s
democracy with the King as the head of state can solve current problems and conflicts, 68 percent said they were very confident in the country’s system, whereas 32 percent said they were not. ... Surely, this should read 'the current government' and not 'democracy with the King as the head of state' ... I would have thought the newspaper is 'treading on eggshells', wording it as they have!

if they are complaining about the cost of eggs, wait till the half a baht a month rise in cooking gas and car LGP hits them, going to just more than double under the new Gov policy. A nice article on the newspaper that can't be mentioned. If you pay 300B a tank now, it will be 620B under the new Gov policy.

It wont effect me much, but it will my inlaws & anyone else who makes "peanuts" each month.

It's great to see that - according to ABAC - the regular Somchai Citizen has no interest in how the country is run or what their tax baht are paying for, as long as the price of the all mighty egg is stable!

You just can't make this shit up! Oh wait... It was an ABAC poll, righjt?... Scratch that part about making it up...

Well on your income that maybe so, but there are a hell of a lot of Thais on or below the poverty line where eggs are part of the basic diet. You think if they cant afford the eggs they can afford meat?

Let them eat cake.

Actually it was "let them eat bread" (cake was a mis-interpretation) and the Thais don't seem to be bread eaters to me.rolleyes.gif

Let them eat cake.

Actually it was "let them eat bread" (cake was a mis-interpretation) and the Thais don't seem to be bread eaters to me.rolleyes.gif

icecream sandwich sells pretty good

I certainly understand that working in multiple languages is difficult. I am pretty awful when it comes to languages myself. Having said that, The National News Bureau of Thailand (NNT), a government entity, should realize that the apparently erroneous inclusion of the word 'most' changes the meaning of what was written rather significantly and reinforces the perception that Thai journalists should be banned from using and abusing numbers.

The first headline on the NNT website is "Chalerm says talks with BRN talk will continue"....