Burmese Maids/gardeners

Does anyone know what is involved in finding a Burmese couple to work as a maid and gardener ?

Legally by the way, get whatever sponsorship and visa's required.

Also is their visa/work permits etc, is it something they can do themselves or something that we must do on their behalf.

I ask because we may not be here at the time when they need renewal. Although we could arrange for a local lawyer we know to do it for us if allowed.

Thanks

Sorry I can't help with your specific query but curious, if you're not looking to save any money why do you want to employ Burmese servants specifically?

I've got several agencies I've used in the past, but all their people are smuggled in, with the cooperation with the Thai police of course, fare last I heard was all up 12K THB from Rangoon to your door in Bangkok. Apparently it can be quite difficult/expensive for ordinary (dirt-poor) Burmese to get passports and permission to leave the country

But it's not like it's that hard to find good Thais to do that sort of work, especially since you're likely paying more than they'd expect for that kind of work, and definitely giving better working conditions than a Thai boss usually would.

There was a period where you could register your illegal Burmese maid. But i think that window has passed..

Also, you can only have 3 Burmese workers per house hold.

Edited by Sayonarax

Sorry I can't help with your specific query but curious, if you're not looking to save any money why do you want to employ Burmese servants specifically?

I've got several agencies I've used in the past, but all their people are smuggled in, with the cooperation with the Thai police of course, fare last I heard was all up 12K THB from Rangoon to your door in Bangkok. Apparently it can be quite difficult/expensive for ordinary (dirt-poor) Burmese to get passports and permission to leave the country

But it's not like it's that hard to find good Thais to do that sort of work, especially since you're likely paying more than they'd expect for that kind of work, and definitely giving better working conditions than a Thai boss usually would.

In my opinion they couldnt care less about what house you stick them in, I built a nice house but they would rather live in a bare concrete shell unpainted concrete floor, no insulation no windows.

Previosuly they had a 50m2 house brand new with aircon hot/cold water flushing toielt modern kitchen...........waste o time!!

In my opinion they couldnt care less about what house you stick them in, I built a nice house but they would rather live in a bare concrete shell unpainted concrete floor, no insulation no windows.

Previosuly they had a 50m2 house brand new with aircon hot/cold water flushing toielt modern kitchen...........waste o time!!

Not sure how that's relevant to what I said, obviously a servant doesn't expect western-standard accommodation. I meant more like not being beaten and charged for broken dishes, being given a few days off each month, conditions like that.

Maybe they felt "kreng jai" and wanted to let you have your deluxe housing available for your more-deserving visitors, family houseguests?

Generally people are more comfortable with what they're used to.