"spokenthai" Software And Dictionary

SpokenThai

* Version 1.7 has been release with 11,000 audio files !!!

"Spoken Thai" software - version 1.6.01 - March 2006

"Spoken Thai" is a Thai language learning software package that includes three main components:

1). A word to word phonetic dictionary of over 9,000 words with a fast search engine.

2). High quality Audio files of 7,300 useful sentences arranged by 53 subject categories.

3). Basic Thai learning e-book with 42 chapters and over 1,000 sentences using the Text Colors system.

Special promotion price - $ 38.

More details:

With a total of over 17,000 useful words and phrases most frequently used by a foreigner in Thailand, this is the best and biggest learning tool of its kind. This tool is designed to help English speakers, who can not read the Thai script, in learning to speak the Thai language and communicate with Thai people. It was written and designed by a foreigner with his own foreign perspective.

There are 7,300 high quality audio files (not compressed MP3) divided into 53 subject categories, spoken by a native Thai woman, in the way she speaks in everyday life. When the user clicks once on any English word or sentence, it will be automatically translated into the Thai language and shown in English phonetic pronunciation using English characters. In the audio categories the audio file, associated with the sentence or word selected, will be played too. There is a re-play option and very useful "Auto-Play" feature.

The dictionary also includes an e-book of 42 lessons in Basic Thai grammar and dozens of important key words, with example sentences, which are essential for understanding the structure of the spoken Thai language. With over a thousand useful sentences and their translations (using the color method of word to word translation which makes learning easy and quick) this book will guide you in understanding the rules of building more complex sentences as well. It will also show you some special words which have no defined translation to English and how to use them, and how to use other important words.

List of Features:

• Easy phonetic pronunciation translation without any Thai script.

• Comfortable arrangement by 53 categories of the audio sentences.

• Over 17,000 words, terms, phrases and entries (items).

• Over 7,300 useful audio items, most of them full sentences.

• Over 9,000 entries in the main Phonetic Dictionary.

• "Basic Thai Lessons" e-Book containing 42 chapters.

• High quality WAV sounds (not compressed MP3).

• Auto Play/Stop for playing the sounds in sequence. Can be started from any item on the list.

• Four different intervals between lines/sounds for autoplay.

• Use Up/Down arrows to scroll items and play sounds in the audio category.

• Use Page Page up or Page down to scroll a window display in the audio list.

• Use Home/End to go to the first/last item in the audio list.

• Saving entries will add the English and Thai translation of current item to editable text file.

• "My Dictionary" – a tool with editorial functions that will keep and manage your favourites.

• Search Engine operates in all audio categories and also in the main dictionary.

• Entries Index. View a list of most audio files and to which category they belong.

• Volume Control slider.

• Repeat sound by "Enter" or click on the loudspeaker button.

• Very simple to use program.

• Easy to read Bold Ariel fonts (12) in the phonetic translation window.

• Change font option: 12 Bold Ariel fonts in the main dictionary.

• Compact interface, big display Window: 790 x 540 pixels.

• "AlwaysOnTop" option.

• Free on-line vocabulary updates.

Disk Space Requirements for installation

Program only (original download) - 1.9 MB

Audio files, 53 categories - 181 MB

Total disk space required - 183 MB

If run from a CD no disk space is required for the Audio files.

Registration price - $ 75 - Special promotion price - $38.

Registration is for one user only on one machine (PC) only !

Order the CD

The CD includes the dictionary program with all audio files.

The CD will only work on registered machines (PC) of version 1.6 and up.

CD Price: $ 12 including packaging and postage.

Free Bonus on CD includes:

Thailand Travel Guide

Thailand Photo Album

Thailand Screen Saver

Some other useful programs made by the author.

http://www.spokenthaidictionary.com

(alternative link)

[email protected]

Thank you

"SpokenThai" team

Are there any plans to include the Thai script in the future for those of us who are learning Thai script?

I would like to see the words written in Thai as well as the farang transliteration.

"SpokenThai" was basically designed for people who want to learn to speak Thai and do not want to deal with the Thai script. A survey we made many years ago showed that learning the Thai script AFTER you know to speak is a lot more easy and quick, while learning the Thai script while learning to speak makes learning very difficult for farang.

Yes, we are planing to add a second e-book for learning Thai script but not in the near future. At these days we are working on a "Thai to English" dictionary (including phonetic) which will be part of the package, but first we have to achieve our goal of 10,000 audios.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to down load your software to an i-pod, and then listen to it from that point?

Sorry, but I am not computer literate. I did purchase some Thai software already, and down loaded it to my i-pod, and I found it to be a great help.

I would like to be able to do the same again with other learning software.

I will wait for your reply,

Thanks,

Dakhar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
We have released a new free tool for "SpokenThai" registered users.

It is a reverse phonetic dictionary Thai to English with 10,000 terms.

The dictionary include a fast search engine and it is a stand-alone exe.

Direct download here.

For not registered users: only the first 500 items will be translated.

Thank you

Sir,

Is your CD. "Spoken Thai, Software & Dictionary" available for purchase here in Thailand, and if so at what Outlets?. I have only seen it to be available via online purchase.

Many Thanks,

LAWMAN (B.J. Bennett)

Hi LAWMAN

"Spoken Thai" is currently not sold in shops but there are some fake CDs with old versions circulating around. Since we usually release new version twice a year it is recommended to register online. If registration includes the CD then we send it by registered airmail and it arrives in few days.

Purchase online is on secure server.

Thank you for your interest,

Granot

• 1 month later...

First you don’t deliver what I paid for and now you calling me a liar

But don't bother its probably crap anyway

Lelle

This is the e-mail you did send me.

Thank you for registering "Spoken Thai" + CD.

Please click on "Generate" button on the program to create your registration number.

Send me this number to [email protected] or to [email protected]

and I will send your matching code which will release all locks.

Till CD will arrive, you can download one or few or all audio categories on this page:

http://www.spokenthaidictionary.com

or:

http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/SpokenThai.html

Use right mouse click and select "Save as".

Save the files to "Audio" folder which you will find in the program main folder.

CD delivery:

Please send me the exact address you want me to send you the CD.

It will be sent registered via air-mail.

In order to improve next version your comments will be very appreciated.

I would be glad to hear your opinion about the version 1.6 of SpokenThai.

Feel free to contact me for any assistance needed.

Thank you, and have a nice day,

Granot

lelle,

You are not a registered user and you did not pay $45. :o

We are in contact with all users and we confirm with each user that they got the CD and/or the code.

Spoken Thai

Here is the RECEIPT and it was $ 56,25

CLICKBANK PURCHASE RECEIPT# GNPPHGG9

You or a person in your household just made a purchase

from ClickBank, the internet's largest seller of ebooks,

software, and other downloadable products. Your bank

statement will show a one-time charge by CLKBANK.

The total charge was $45.00 plus $11.25 tax.

ClickBank's VAT number is EU826000301.

If for some reason you did not receive access to the

product immediately after payment, please try again

by following this link now:

http://clickbank.com/goto/?44b94baegnpphgg9

If you need technical support for your product please

contact the author of the product directly. To do this

send a friendly email message to the address below.

Email: [email protected]

Receipt: GNPPHGG9

Remember, the product author is an expert on the product

itself, and can give you personalized customer service.

Please be patient and allow the author two business days

to respond.

If after two business days the issue remains unresolved,

ClickBank will be happy to assist you directly. To make

a customer service inquiry with regard to this purchase

please visit:

http://clickbank.com/cs/?n44b94baegnpphgg9

Thanks!

ClickBank Customer Service

[GNPPHGG9/natata] 2006-07-15

PS: Have you ever compiled or created useful information

that is now just "collecting dust" on your hard drive?

ClickBank is the easy way to sell your digital product:

http://natata.goto.hop.clickbank.net/

/ This is an automated notification.

/ Replies to this email will bounce.

/ For customer service read message

/ above for instructions.

Lelle

You posted anonymously slandering our software calling it "waste of money" and a "crap", instead of simply write your problem with the name you registered and get immediate answer. You were probably well educated.

The email you quoted, which is sent to thousands of users, has no name on it so I still don't know who you are.

The user of receipt GNPPHGG9 got the email you quoted immediately after registration. The code was sent to this user on the same day and on the same day (Sunday) we got the user address following our request so we can send the CD.

The CD was sent from Thailand to Sweden first thing on Monday morning by REGISTERED air-mail (17 July 2006 , 13.27 Thailand time). CD was sent less than 24 hours after registration, which is more than efficient service.

In total four emails were sent to this user and one CD.

As you can see, we were in contact with this user.

This user even sent a response to one of our emails, which means that this user is not you, since you got "no answer" (as you wrote here).

I will be glad to give you all the support you need if you tell me what is your name and the email you registered with. If from any reason you didn't get your code or the CD, both will be sent to you again.

You can send a PM or email or both, and please try to be polite.

Granot

Lelle,

Whoever you are, you have posted on this website, spurious, slanderous and totaly inaccurate statements in respect of "Spoken Thai". You then go on to describe the product, which you have never seen or heard, according to you, using a term that not only debases the English Language, but also shows the level of your intellect.

TO ALL WHO HAVE READ THE RANTINGS AND RAMBLINGS OF THE AFORE MENTIONED "LELLE":-

Please allow me to inform you that I have had dealings with "Spoken Thai", see my post of 3/6/06 on this thread. I found "Spoken Thai" to be polite, helpful and above all honest in their dealings with me

Their Product "Spoken Thai CD" is an excellent CD. and fulfills everything that they claim. It is a must for all beginners or those wishing to learn the Thai Language. Do not be put off by the Rantings of "Lelle", all of which are totaly false.

NOW BACK TO YOU "LELLE"- you state that "Spoken Thai" are calling you a Liar. Nowhere in their correspondence to you do I find any such statement. [FLAME REMOVED. Please read the forum rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]

Goodbye and Farewell, I hope I never have the misfortune to meet you,

LAWMAN.

Hey

I notice that you say you usually make 2 upgrades per year, when is the next 2006 upgrade due to me published ?

I also note that the Registration is Valid on ONE machine only. If I install this on my existing laptop and use the software as I want to learn Thai before arriving there in 12 months time, how can I then install it on any NEW laptop I may buy and bring with me to Thailand ? I don't intend buying a new laptop until just before I leave for Thailand and bring that new machine with me and would require the software to be working on that machine ?

How up to date is the Information on the Travel Guides on the CD ? What resolution are the Photos on the PhotoAlbum on the CD and what file format are they saved in ?

I thank you in advance for your replies and look forwards to purchasing the product in due course if my concerns about the laptop are answered favourably.

Kind regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

I will try to answer all your questions.

The next version of "SpokenThai" is due to next month.

The two major changes are:

1. Over 10,000 audio files in about 80 categories (most of the audio files are sentences).

2. We added as option the ability to use Text-To-Speech engine (if installed) to hear the English before the Thai (the Thai audio are human female voice).

The total download files of next version will be app. 300 MB.

We usually give a second free code for use on laptop, by request.

We do not give a third code for free due to any reason.

All the other stuff on the CD is free. The travel guide was written during many years of traveling so some of the information is old (up to 10 years) but I guess most places are still there. The guides are mostly about attractions. The photoalbums are compiled to exe from JPG files.

Please notice that the CD of current version will not be compatible with new version (the free stuff will be the same). You can wait for next version or register now without the CD and order the CD when next version will be released.

I can't promise nothing about the price of next version.

The official price is $60 ($70 with CD) but now we have a special price of $35 ($45 with CD).

Thank you

Granot

Hey

Many thanks for your quick reply.

So, just so that I am clear. I can get a code now for my present laptop and then when I purchase my new laptop in 12 months, I can get a second code for that machine ? Or do I have to get both codes now ? If so, can I use the 2nd code in 12 months time ? I have had a similar issue with another piece of software that I use, thats why I want to make sure I will be able to use the software on the new laptop. In fact, I will probably purchase the New CD in 12 months anyway, to get the updates, if they are not free.

As for the new release next month, I am right in thinking that I can register today for $ 35 and then when the new CD comes out next month, I can then purchase that for $ 10 and run the new software ? Or I can wait for the new software to be released and purchase both Registration and CD at that time and hope that the price remains at $ 45 ?

I know how software releases can sometimes have their release dates changed. Are you confident that the new release will be available during September 2006 ?

I like the new features in your software and am sure this will help me greatly in learning the Thai language.

Kind regards

Peter

Peter

What I suggest you is to register now, download the current version (total files of about 185 MB), get the first code and start use the program. On September 99% the new version will be released. All upgrades are FREE. You can register with CD and get it on September or register without CD and order the CD on September. If downloading big files is no problem for you then maybe you don't need the CD at all.

Your second code can be issued to you at any date you want, even after one year.

Granot

Hey Granot

Many thanks for your reply, I will register this weekend.

Downloading large files is no problem for me. But if I download the file and don't purchase the CD, will I be able to download the Photo Album that you say comes on the CD or do I have to purchase the CD to get the Photo Album ?

I will definately need the 2nd code in the future and I thank you for advising that this can even be issued even after 12 months.

I look forwards to getting your product.

Kind regards

Peter

Hey Granot

Many thanks for all your help, advice and assurances. I have just sent a payment through your ClickBank interface on my company Discover Card. I notice it say that once you have confirmation, I will get an email telling me log-in details etc.

How long does this usually take ?

I look forwards to using your software and I find some interesting links on your 'photo' site, I will be having another look at that site when I have a little more time on my hands.

Kind regards

Peter

Peter

We send registration confirmation email with instructions as soon as we get notice of payment from ClickBank. If this email will not reach you in 24 hours then contact me sending your Order number (you will find it on the email you get from ClickBank).

Thank you for registering

Granot