Banana Pancake Aka Roti Price Up?

falkan

281295466_1fd6bc3f93.jpg

I usually buy egg&banana from the local burmese/nepalese/rohingya for 25thb..

suprise today he wanted 35thb in Chalong, he wasn't happy with my 25thb to bad for him i left the wallet back home, so when the roti was finish i dident get any....

What do you guys pay?

Patong 50thb

Rawai 35thb

Chalong 25thb

Phuket Town 20thb

• Like 1

It's because of the price of eggs <--- Blame them wink.png

price up everywhere but not phuket town wow...

They will follow eventually !!

or low season, less people buying, let's put the price up 555

It's because of the price of eggs <--- Blame them wink.png

price up everywhere but not phuket town wow...

They will follow eventually !!

Nothing at all to do with low season,IMO

Obviously you yourself dont go and buy the groceries.

Everything has been increasing [inflation maybe] but lately more and more increases over the full range are very noticable every time we shop.

I really feel for the average Thai workers..the increasing costs of staple foods must make things very hard for them

Edited by andreandre

Nothing at all to do with low season,IMO

Obviously you yourself dont go and buy the groceries.

Everything has been increasing [inflation maybe] but lately more and more increases over the full range are very noticable every time we shop.

I really feel for the average Thai workers..the increasing costs of staple foods must make things very hard for them

I agree that basic food has been going up. Now with the Baht declining, fuel with go up to deliver, and produce the food. But hey, the Thai government has more rice that it know what to do with! sad.png

It must be the eggs. I eat plain rotis with curry in Phuket Town for breakfast.

The price is the same as it was a year ago.

Care to share the location KB? I quite fancy a roti with curry for breakast....

Thalang Road has 2.I prefer the first one on your left.

Turn right into Thalang Road at the lights by Honda and its about 50 meters on your left.The other 1 is about 50 meters farther on, on the the same side

Edited by starkey_rich
  • Like 2

Turn right into Thalang Road at the lights by Honda and its about 50 meters on your left.The other 1 is about 50 meters farther on, on the the same side

How this would translate in to latitude and longitude? Roti with curry sounds like good combination.

Yes......that is Abdul's which is good, but, there is a better one.

If you are coming into Phuket Town on Chao Fah East, you go straight at the lights where there is a right turn to Ao Makam.

Keep going straight until you pass the Siam Commercial bank on your left. Twenty metres past it is a muslim restaurant with a couple of Ninja ladies up front cooking rotis.

The curry is much better than Abdul's.

Banana pancake is 30 baht and the curry and roti is 40 baht. Mate the curry and roti is brilliant too but I am in Surat Thani, its a muslim curry and not quite as hot as most others, makes a great breakfast......

Yes......that is Abdul's which is good, but, there is a better one.

If you are coming into Phuket Town on Chao Fah East, you go straight at the lights where there is a right turn to Ao Makam.

Keep going straight until you pass the Siam Commercial bank on your left. Twenty metres past it is a muslim restaurant with a couple of Ninja ladies up front cooking rotis.

The curry is much better than Abdul's.

The one near SCB has been a local favourite for many years.

Agreed...it is called 'Roti Chao Fa'...I always take my Muslim friends from Yala and Pattani there 'cuz it's all Halal and they love it. We do too; there are better (and much cheaper) places in Haad Yai and the Deep South, but this is the best in Phuket Town as far as I know.

As for food prices in general, I have found a good strategy is to stop at Phuket Grocery produce section, where they have all the prices listed (in Thai) on a big board.(see pic) . Then I take a pic. From there it's off to the nearby Talaad Kaset (the hardcore wet market near Robinson), with an idea of what's going for what.

The Phuket Grocery prices are generally slightly higher, the quality generally not the best. So for me those prices are the 'ceiling' above which I know I am being overcharged.

You don't need a high level of Thai reading skill to do this.

As a farang I am hyper-vigilant in this regard. Some of the overcharging of tourists that goes on at the market is on par with the tuk-tuk mentality.

post-40708-0-97618100-1370686060_thumb.j

• Like 1

update

just talked with my local roti-supplier he told me, <price did rice this year from 20thb egg&banana to 25thb and everything above that, thai people dont pay, only falang pay that!>

he dreamed about working in kata, karon patong were the big money was!

• 3 weeks later...

Care to share banana pancake 25thb location in phuket town?thumbsup.gif

I bought mine in

Chalong - ? where is it located ....is it near the roundabout?

karon - 40thb

patong - 50thb

Thanx for your post......this happens to be 1 of my fav in phuket.wai2.gif