Little Known Golf Course In Ubon Ratchathani.

AliasJohn

For those keen golfers looking for something different, there is a nice par 3 course on the corner of the road to Si Sa Ket and the ring road. Coming from Central Plaza end, turn right into Si Sa Ket road then 50 meters down the road opposite the new TSF Furniture shop do a U turn and its there on your left. It's easy to miss from the road, very hidden.

post-91790-0-10835100-1370753364_thumb.j

I could have sworn I saw golfers on a course behind the A1 hotel. It looked very professional and green, compared to the mediocre course on the army base.

Just curious if this golf course is well maintained with good greens.

Hi John, so is it definitely open for play now?

I used to play it a few years ago and blogged about the course and included a course lay out at this address: http://www.memock.com/2009/10/31/บ้านสวนอุบล-กอล์ฟ-แอนด์/ but mentioned that last I had heard it was closed for repairs. Please let me know so that I can update it.

Behind the A1 hotel I am assuming is the Wing 21 course? http://www.memock.com/2009/11/02/สนามส่งเสริมกีฬากอล์ฟส/

• Like 2

Hi John, so is it definitely open for play now?

I used to play it a few years ago and blogged about the course and included a course lay out at this address: http://www.memock.com/2009/10/31/บ้านสวนอุบล-กอล์ฟ-แอนด์/ but mentioned that last I had heard it was closed for repairs. Please let me know so that I can update it.

Behind the A1 hotel I am assuming is the Wing 21 course? http://www.memock.com/2009/11/02/สนามส่งเสริมกีฬากอล์ฟส/

Hi Andrew, It appears to be open as there are now signs out the front. I will check for sure on my next run out there tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Carl, you spend a bit of time in Ubon now so no excuse for a quick round. Then off to Peppers for a pie haha.Cheers

• Like 1

Went by the place this afternoon. Was told it was closed to the publicIt is for resort guest only. It is also still closed for remodeling. Maybe when it reopens, they will allow the public access.

Some things sure do move slow..... as I wrote that is was being remodelled over 2.5 years ago! Thanks for the information retiredaamt.

• 2 months later...

I just spoke with John who met the owner on Sunday who said it is now open to the public as is the new coffee shop out the front.

I actually noticed the coffee shop and the sign for the golf course today when doing a U turn at the medium strip after leaving the TSF shop. I might point out this was after a very nice iced capaucino at Peppers café inside the TSF shop.

I just spoke with John who met the owner on Sunday who said it is now open to the public as is the new coffee shop out the front.

I actually noticed the coffee shop and the sign for the golf course today when doing a U turn at the medium strip after leaving the TSF shop. I might point out this was after a very nice iced capaucino at Peppers café inside the TSF shop.

Thanks for that little plug Carl. Have not seen you for a while. Cheers.

Thanks for that little plug Carl. Have not seen you for a while. Cheers.

Hiding your light under a bushel there John. Very convenient for us Sisaket-ites heading home Sunday am after a long hard post-hash Saturday night in town!

Don't be shy, what's the hours?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Par 3. 8 holes. Can play 2 rounds for 300b. No caddy required. Yay! Only push carts. I have no clubs though. Anyone know where I can find a used set?

Speaking of used sets. A mate has just arrived from Oz for about 5 weeks and also wants to play golf while here. The only problem is that he is cacky handed (left handed) which would be harder to find than normal clubs, especially second hand clubs. Anybody can point us in the right direction

• 3 weeks later...

Any leads on clubs?

Sorry, yes he did find some second hand clubs at a golf shop near the Warin markets. Its not a full set and not all the same brands but it was good enough for him to make a start. The shop is just down from the corner of the Phibun rd and the road which runs over the river to Ubonrak hospital. It has a large golf ball on the footpath. There are a lot of second hand clubs available there but mostly right handed.

• 4 months later...