New Project Next To Hillside 4

mascarakatze

I heard it is going to be a 14 story condo and hotel.

Who knows about how accurate gossip is. The security guy at HS4 told me 8 stories.

The property also wraps around to the superhighway where that old mansion is now.

Glad I only rent at HS4... If its 14 stories on the part next to HS4 then a lot of owners are going to be screwed.

I would imagine that a 14 story building blocking the view of Doi Suthep would make those HS4 condos pretty much worthless and unsellable? Who would want a view of a concrete building when you look out the window?

On the bright side, the renters at HS4 could simply move to the new building and rent an apartment facing Doi Suthep.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine just talked to a person that works in the CM Land office, and they confirmed a hotel-condo complex is scheduled to be built on the vacant lot next to Hillside 4. In all probability, it will be 14 stories.

I'm not familiar with how planning works in CM.

So when a project is planned it does or does not have to be specific as to height etc?

Or it's not finalized? or submitted yet?

Where is the CM land office located? phone number #?

Thanks

I took a look at the old mansion site adjacent to the Superhighway as mentioned above today, and from the 14th floor of Viengping (across the road) it's not apparent that any clearing or other preparatory work has been done that might link it with the site next to HS4. The dead end street that runs north from Huay Kaew rules out any major connection of the sites, although it's still possible but I don't see a developer agreeing to build on a tiny footprint and leaving the main area to preserve the view and value of the residents at HS4 - they may buy with conditions in place but the rules don't mean much here. sad.png

Some years ago the 2IC of the company that develops the Hillside projects told me that there was a development height restriction that had recently come into force in CNX, Thats is EXCEPT where prior approval had already been obtained. I feel sorry for the western unit owners in HS4.

okay this is what I am talking about

post-27132-0-29848900-1371120355_thumb.j

This is shot from two months ago. Notice no dirt/gravel and tracks. Sorry at end of post. see below

I know because I saw them doing it and trucks all over that grassy area

This is area west of old mansion and fronting superhighway. This is new and done at same time as clearing next to HS4. I watched them doing it.

post-27132-0-55564300-1371120511_thumb.j

This is pipestem part of lot from behind. It wraps west right very close to old Mansion

post-27132-0-52528600-1371120612_thumb.j

post-27132-0-48250100-1371120750_thumb.j

Now what does this prove? I am not sure.. Maybe its the same owner who wanted fill dirt in exchange for letting the trucks park there overnight.

Or its part of a development plan. It's interesting to me at least that it was done at the same time by the same workers and trucks that cleared the HS4 adjacent tract.

post-27132-0-31483200-1371120425_thumb.j

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

About two weeks ago, I observed a well dressed Thai . . . He said, "it was going to be a 14 story hotel and condo." I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about but he certainly acted like it.

Did he look like the sort of fellow who could say something like 'Oh, I wouldn't know! They don't tell me anything around here!' . . . there are some people who can't say such things.

I've heard a few things - the 8 story condo/hotel is one. The other (again the purported provenance being the land office) is that there will be some sort of collection of smaller buildings, with a 6 floor maximum. Which, counting a floor 2.5m as a floor, fits neatly with Cherryble's tale of a 15m planning proposal. To my mind that would be a reasonable development for the land.

It's certainly possible that they'll erect a 14 story block up to the boundary, obliterating the views of HS4 and Furama, but that would take some balls, even for Thai standards. Something similar happened in Jomtien, when the View Talay 7 was built in front of the Jomtien Complex Condotel, seriously impacting the sea view. A move like that impacts confidence in the whole condo market . . . it gets you wondering how long the view will last and should you be paying much extra dollar for it. Developers shooting, if not themselves, each other in the foot.

About two weeks ago, I observed a well dressed Thai . . . He said, "it was going to be a 14 story hotel and condo." I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about but he certainly acted like it.

Did he look like the sort of fellow who could say something like 'Oh, I wouldn't know! They don't tell me anything around here!' . . . there are some people who can't say such things.

I've heard a few things - the 8 story condo/hotel is one. The other (again the purported provenance being the land office) is that there will be some sort of collection of smaller buildings, with a 6 floor maximum. Which, counting a floor 2.5m as a floor, fits neatly with Cherryble's tale of a 15m planning proposal. To my mind that would be a reasonable development for the land.

It's certainly possible that they'll erect a 14 story block up to the boundary, obliterating the views of HS4 and Furama, but that would take some balls, even for Thai standards. Something similar happened in Jomtien, when the View Talay 7 was built in front of the Jomtien Complex Condotel, seriously impacting the sea view. A move like that impacts confidence in the whole condo market . . . it gets you wondering how long the view will last and should you be paying much extra dollar for it. Developers shooting, if not themselves, each other in the foot.

The guy seemed credible to me. Then the person at the land office said basically the same thing. I don't understand all the conflicting reports coming out of the CM Land office. It seems like they would all be telling the same story. We'll all know for sure once they break ground.

A friend of mine just talked to a person that works in the CM Land office, and they confirmed a hotel-condo complex is scheduled to be built on the vacant lot next to Hillside 4. In all probability, it will be 14 stories.

I'm not familiar with how planning works in CM.

So when a project is planned it does or does not have to be specific as to height etc?

Or it's not finalized? or submitted yet?

Where is the CM land office located? phone number #?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with how building planning works in CM either. By the looks of how the developers build here, I just took it for granted there is little to no planning and no zoning laws. I'm not certain of where the CM Land office is. I have never been there. Please let us know what you find out.

A friend of mine just talked to a person that works in the CM Land office, and they confirmed a hotel-condo complex is scheduled to be built on the vacant lot next to Hillside 4.

Okay . . .

In all probability, it will be 14 stories.

Is that from the person working in the Land office (and what does probable mean in that context)? Or is this your opinion based on your conversation with the well-dressed thai on the site? Trying to work out if you have 2 sources for the number 14, or just the one.

A friend of mine just talked to a person that works in the CM Land office, and they confirmed a hotel-condo complex is scheduled to be built on the vacant lot next to Hillside 4.

Okay . . .

Is that from the person working in the Land office (and what does probable mean in that context)? Or is this your opinion based on your conversation with the well-dressed thai on the site? Trying to work out if you have 2 sources for the number 14, or just the one.

Both sources said it will be 14 stories but elektrified said his friend at HS4 found out it will be 5 stories. I have my money on the 14 story building, lol.

Edited by CMNightRider

From my elderly friend who lives in Hilside 4, (I have taken the liberty of removing words that would identify him).

The usual-zoning calls for only 8 floors along Huay Kaew Road-but I have been told that the owner is Taksin's younger sister and so we will have 14 floors and I may be looking at Doi Suthep through antennas . There is supposed to be an environmental assessment which after dusting off my profession ( 'xxxx xxxxxxx') I asked to be part of. If the 6 meter setback holds there will be 12 meters used and the owner will have a long thin building. I will be probably putting my condo up for sale as, at 86, I don't want two year of noise accompanying me into old-old age.

john

PS Oh and he has a very strong searchlight.

Two years ago, everybody said that Maya was limited to 8 floors.

Here is my current view - I am on the 14th floor!

I wish you good luck, but don't count on it...

ps - I triangulated the big units on their roof - less than 35 meters away from my window (about 100 feet!!!)

post-55564-0-75150900-1371267421_thumb.j

post-55564-0-61022300-1371267511_thumb.j

Edited by wjmark

ps - I triangulated the big units on their roof - less than 35 meters away from my window (about 100 feet!!!)

Wow, you can see the aircon units in great detail, I'll just bet once they start them up you will be able to hear them very well too!

Do you think it will add value to your unit? cheesy.gif

Wow, you can see the aircon units in great detail, I'll just bet once they start them up you will be able to hear them very well too!

Sold it two weeks ago - done and done. It sold in spite of the AC, and I actually got very close to what I was asking. And in only two days of having it listed.

So laugh at my misfortune as you will - I am out of here, and with a profit!

I bet that if it is fixed up nice, with soundproof windows, it will rent out easily. Viangping is still in one of the best locations around.

Sold it two weeks ago - done and done. It sold in spite of the AC, and I actually got very close to what I was asking. And in only two days of having it listed.

I bet that if it is fixed up nice, with soundproof windows, it will rent out easily. Viangping is still in one of the best locations around.

I'm happy you got your price++, after they built the Harbour and the Maya I got rid of one too, got the price as well!

Yes it's okay there, my friends are living there, they like it, but I think they are fighting with the owner about something to do with parking.... Anyway...

Maybe the HS gang will get lucky and the price of their own condos will appreciate as well! clap2.gif

• Like 1

I came for the inspection of your unit not so long ago.

For the price you sold it out, I still regret I missed it out.

Okay . . .

Both sources said it will be 14 stories but elektrified said his friend at HS4 found out it will be 5 stories. I have my money on the 14 story building, lol.

My friend might have meant 8 stories as per johnwilly's post, or perhaps I heard him wrong. But I too, would put my money on 14 stories. Feel sorry for the people who bought condos there - my friend included.

Nothing there yet and it will take time before it appears (As usual in CM). I have a place in HS4 but it does not face Doi Suthep..... and I think its better. Afternoon sun doesnt fry the condo. Love it

Surely folk with condos in high-rises can't expect their view to last forever. Whose view did their high-rise block?

another rather bizzare,and chang fuelled post,obviously not a clue what he is gibbering about,and not checked location,h/s4,and furama,are stand alone propertys,ie dont block any ones view.well maybe the ground floor fully encosed barbacue,at the back,<>

Surely folk with condos in high-rises can't expect their view to last forever. Whose view did their high-rise block?

another rather bizzare,and chang fuelled post,obviously not a clue what he is gibbering about,and not checked location,h/s4,and furama,are stand alone propertys,ie dont block any ones view.well maybe the ground floor fully encosed barbacue,at the back,<>

So they don't block the view of any residences (including single or 2 storey homes) that were there before these high rises were built? Find that hard to believe. Don't live in the area so wouldn't know for sure.

btw my comment was more of a general comment regarding condos.

So they don't block the view of any residences (including single or 2 storey homes) that were there before these high rises were built? Find that hard to believe. Don't live in the area so wouldn't know for sure.

so if you don't live in the area why are you contributing useless comments

another rather bizzare,and chang fuelled post,obviously not a clue what he is gibbering about,and not checked location,h/s4,and furama,are stand alone propertys,ie dont block any ones view.well maybe the ground floor fully encosed barbacue,at the back,d/h.

Oh come on, sure they do (block the view), I imagine when HS4 was built it was to the horror of the residents living peacefully in the houses around there.... then HS5 or Furama, or whatever it's called this week, was built, yup I can just imagine the delight of the home owners in the area.... 5555555 Not only did they have their views blocked, but then there was the logistical nightmare of negotiating the roads with the non-existent city planning!

suggest you go and see,no view to doi suthep blocked,back garden on one house overlooked,but mainly businesses anyway hotel,sauna ect,but never mind tit,ps,belive thaskins daughter involved in building project???

so if you don't live in the area why are you contributing useless comments

Why was my original comment useless? I said that people living in high rises can't complain when another high rise blocks their view.

btw have you found your cheap salt & butter yet? If you buy salted butter you'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

• Like 2

another rather bizzare,and chang fuelled post,obviously not a clue what he is gibbering about,and not checked location,h/s4,and furama,are stand alone propertys,ie dont block any ones view.well maybe the ground floor fully encosed barbacue,at the back,d/h.

Oh come on, sure they do (block the view), I imagine when HS4 was built it was to the horror of the residents living peacefully in the houses around there.... then HS5 or Furama, or whatever it's called this week, was built, yup I can just imagine the delight of the home owners in the area.... 5555555 Not only did they have their views blocked, but then there was the logistical nightmare of negotiating the roads with the non-existent city planning!

suggest you go and see,no view to doi suthep blocked,back garden on one house overlooked,but mainly businesses anyway hotel,sauna ect,but never mind tit,ps,belive thaskins daughter involved in building project???

Aha, true story, the only view to Doi Suthep that got blocked was that farm kind of place as you're going towards KSK, I used to live in HS4 about 8 years ago, Doi Suthep side, used to go on my balcony and get the drink on with friends and watch that mountain...... From the roof pool it's okay too!

• 4 weeks later...

I heard it is going to be a 14 story condo and hotel.

Isn't Furama Hotel backing onto that plot and its more than 8 floors.

as well as HS4 is 15 stories.. That was the old building limit.

More recently 8 stories is supposed to be the limit.

The tricky part is what gets approved these days. For example the new Maya Mall looks to be about 14 stories.

But most new buildings in the area are just being built to 8.

Could be some sort of special exemption is for sale.

I recently bought a unit on the west side. I had heard about the rumours so went to the land office in the Tessaban (near the US Consulate) and was shown a zoning map of Chiang Mai with the Hillside 4 area in the red zone. I was told that this means that there is a height limit of 8 stories. As I thought this was from an authoritative source I accepted it (perhaps naiively as it is turning out) and proceeded with the purchase.