New Project Next To Hillside 4

mascarakatze

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only restaurant left here at Hillside4 has closed permanently and the fitness center has been moved to the first floor with the locker rooms remaining up on the 4th.

Sad to hear the restaurant has closed...they had very tasty food (If you like spicy) and never a problem with delivery to the room I used to stay in. I thought the new location for the gym was great.... but my mind boggles why they left the lockers on the 4th floor! Weird stuff but TiT as they say.

And I can back up what has been said about the 'green land' on the city side. Yes it does belong to the Royals.... I doubt anything will ever be built on it (Apart from the caretakers quarters expanding...which seem rather cramped now, after their last expansion) It would make a great park however.

I noticed last week, when passing HS4 that nothing seems to be happening on the vacant land (Doi Suthep side). Well aware of all the discussion about new condo etc, just seems to be taking a long time for even the ground breaking to begin. Bet the residents on that side dont mind if it never happens whistling.gif

Seems to me that a lot of new condos are not being built in this land bubble. But they have plans and you can purchase early before the crowd.whistling.gif

• 3 months later...

This a post more about CNX condos than the HS4 adjacent land situation. More it is about CNX condos in general for potential purchasers & renters. Maybe I should be posting in another section.

I have lived in CNX for 10+ years. My 1st property purchase was at Riverside (next to the now Holiday Inn). The view over the river was nice but the western sun was uncomfortable. There was no under-cover parking. I sold an investment condo there 7- 8 years ago for B1.5m - facing the Holiday Inn. It was bigger than 41sqm). Granted they have new management now but the prices offering seem very steep, Then there is the flooding problem. The food market opposite looked dirty but the vendors were quite friendly.

I moved to Hillside 4 - much more expensive! However, the quality of life here is wonderful. I live on the Eastern side - high level - a nice view & cool. Personally, I have no problems regarding this much talked about development - it won't be vacant forever. HS4 is very quiet - I do not live in the front, The sun is not a problem. Hillside 4 parking can be a problem until you get acquainted with the staff. Being close to Kad Suan Kaew is terrific. There are many restaurants & close to Ram Hospital, Immigration is only a small trip & visits are infrequent. Everything is at your doorstep. In my opinion. it is a good area for expats.

What has this got to do with the vacant plot on the Doi Suthep side? I suggest that noone knows with confidence! End of story.

When buying/renting a condo, I suggest that management & staff is everything. Compared to western standards, management here is disgusting. But TIT! I try not to get involved in this area - life is too short!

Big problem - the traffic on Huay Kaew Rd is terrible. Another development will not assist.

Recently, I looked at a number of houses (not to be held in my name of course). I know that it is a personal choice. Walking here is no fun. Condos are much more expensive than houses ie bang for the buck. But HS4 will do me (or anywhere in these surrounds). CNX is a wonderful place to live in my opinion - it has everything but a beach! I can go on a beach holiday anytime. The weather is great although pollution has become a real problem.

From my observation there seems to be over-development of condos in CNX at present & the prices are escalating of course (land prices & inflation). Who is going to buy them? CNX Thais prefer houses, BKK Thais - OK, Expats - no $$$? Who will buy them? Chinese? (& they can only buy 49% in any one development). I foresee another slump!

I think that older condos are OK - again more bag for the buck compared to the newer ones. OK ,there is external wiring - an eyesore. You can buy a studio here for B1-1.5m or less? B30-40k per sqm depending on condition/renovations & which floor). What are the new ones selling for per sqm - B55-65k? As they say - position, position, position.

My bet (a very small one) is 8 floors - what odds can I get?

I have heard rumours of condos, hotel & a combination thereof.

PS: my condo is NOT for sale & I am not a real estate agent!

This a post more about CNX condos than the HS4 adjacent land situation. More it is about CNX condos in general for potential purchasers & renters. Maybe I should be posting in another section.

I have lived in CNX for 10+ years. My 1st property purchase was at Riverside (next to the now Holiday Inn). The view over the river was nice but the western sun was uncomfortable. There was no under-cover parking. I sold an investment condo there 7- 8 years ago for B1.5m - facing the Holiday Inn. It was bigger than 41sqm). Granted they have new management now but the prices offering seem very steep, Then there is the flooding problem. The food market opposite looked dirty but the vendors were quite friendly.

I moved to Hillside 4 - much more expensive! However, the quality of life here is wonderful. I live on the Eastern side - high level - a nice view & cool. Personally, I have no problems regarding this much talked about development - it won't be vacant forever. HS4 is very quiet - I do not live in the front, The sun is not a problem. Hillside 4 parking can be a problem until you get acquainted with the staff. Being close to Kad Suan Kaew is terrific. There are many restaurants & close to Ram Hospital, Immigration is only a small trip & visits are infrequent. Everything is at your doorstep. In my opinion. it is a good area for expats.

What has this got to do with the vacant plot on the Doi Suthep side? I suggest that noone knows with confidence! End of story.

When buying/renting a condo, I suggest that management & staff is everything. Compared to western standards, management here is disgusting. But TIT! I try not to get involved in this area - life is too short!

Big problem - the traffic on Huay Kaew Rd is terrible. Another development will not assist.

Recently, I looked at a number of houses (not to be held in my name of course). I know that it is a personal choice. Walking here is no fun. Condos are much more expensive than houses ie bang for the buck. But HS4 will do me (or anywhere in these surrounds). CNX is a wonderful place to live in my opinion - it has everything but a beach! I can go on a beach holiday anytime. The weather is great although pollution has become a real problem.

From my observation there seems to be over-development of condos in CNX at present & the prices are escalating of course (land prices & inflation). Who is going to buy them? CNX Thais prefer houses, BKK Thais - OK, Expats - no $$$? Who will buy them? Chinese? (& they can only buy 49% in any one development). I foresee another slump!

I think that older condos are OK - again more bag for the buck compared to the newer ones. OK ,there is external wiring - an eyesore. You can buy a studio here for B1-1.5m or less? B30-40k per sqm depending on condition/renovations & which floor). What are the new ones selling for per sqm - B55-65k? As they say - position, position, position. erside

My bet (a very small one) is 8 floors - what odds can I get?

I have heard rumours of condos, hotel & a combination thereof.

PS: my condo is NOT for sale & I am not a real estate agent!

Long post. Like you I am not an estate agent!

I agree that there is over development and I have lived among the results of that in Spain. Personal view-some of the out of town condos will become hard to re-sell as the traffic continues to worsen. But I think there will always be demand for condo's close to the city, partly boosted by 'winter' visitors but also purchases by thais from Bangkok, farang retirees, and increasingly by Chinese/Japanes/Koreans. So I certainly dont see a slump. Property still looks cheap here for incomers.My opinion. Others will differ of course.

Riverside condo- management much better and significant improvements over the last 12 months or so. Never thought of the foodmarket as dirty -just normal thai-syle. Actually on thinking about it, markets in most countries are hardly pristine! And like most (all?) condos, the unit you choose will dictate the amount of sun and the views. I have a great river and mountain view, and have shade on my terrace for the morning, full sun for a few hours, then shade again in late afternoon on 50% of terrace. Just perfect for me. Easy to get out to highways or on to Mahidol into town. No flooding problem in my time here and I love the river view so I am happy to take my chances with that.

I know little of HS4 but traffic seems to be getting worse and Maya opening will not help that. The junction at Superhighway and HK gets slower and slower....

And as for the possible development alongside HS4, I guess no one knows yet, although some think they do.