Retirement Visa Application.

For several years now, i have not been using bank statements for my Non Imm O application, but i have presented to my local consul an up to date "Assets Statement" from Australian Centrelink. This lists all monies and assets held by me. Does anyone know if this will be accepted in lieu of bank statements, here in Thailand.

Edited by oldsailor35
  • Like 1

To extend stay on basis of account the money must be in Thailand - to extend on basis on income from those account you can obtain a letter of said income from your Embassy to use alone to meet the 65k per month requirement or to use in combination with a local bank account to meet the 800k per year requirement for combined method.

As Lop3 suggests, you can do the combined income thing. Just tootle up to aussie embassy (South Sathoen Rd, BKK - bus No 149 leaving outside southern bus terminal and passing close to Thonburi rail terminus will eventually drop you off outside the security gate of the emb.). There, fill in a statutory declaration attesting to your monthly/annual income in THB. Do this any time in the month/30 days before your extension is due. Emb. staff prefer you to fill out and sign the stat dec on the spot, for some reason... they don't seem to look closely at bank/social security documents.

If your total annual income is < 800,000B, then you'll need a letter (costs 100-300B) from your bank, issued the day you apply for extension, indicating your bank balance. With the combined income method, no need to 'season' the B in the bank for 2/3 months, can top-up the day before application.

Of course, some staff in Immi offices are not fully aware of all procedures, so cross all 'T's and dot all 'I's. Good luck, AA

Simply having over 800,000 baht in a bank somewhere in the world isn't accepted, except for obtaining an O-A visa outside Thailand. If using the bank account method, then the account has to be at a Thai bank.