Full Service Airlines Not Serving Proper 'hard' Drinks

krummi

Coming accross more and more so called 'full service' carriers not serving anymore proper alcoholic drinks for free in economy class. With 'proper' I mean whiskey, gin, etc not beer and wine. Can you complement list:

Aeroflot (on BKK and a few other routes only)

Garuda Indonesia

Air Berlin

Sri Lankan (supposedly on BKK route only)

Finnair

I don't believe Egypt Air serves booze.

Edit: sorry! seems we posted at the same time. Great minds think alike! wink.png

"Misr Tayaran" (aka Egypt Air) serves alcohol in first and business depending on the Captain's approval dry.png

I know this will be met with ridicule but abstaining from alcohol prior to, and during, long-haul air travel, can be a healthy alternative, and reduce the affects due to jet-lag.

Now where's that bloody trolly-dolly with my 23rd vodka rocks.

• Like 1

Aeroflot do up front, anything you want champagne, beer, Jack Daniels..... but not up the back..

I had a great view of them refusing boarding to a drunk Russian at the plane door, delayed my flight from Moscow for 40 minutes while the police were called to forcibly remove him.

I can see why they don't serve alcohol on the Bangkok flights and the purser was at the plane door vetting and performing sobriety tests on nearly every passenger who entered.

As they were topping up the champagne they were announcing that no alcohol will be served on this flight.

it is clear why they not serve alcohol, because people from scandinavia and russia would triple up the cost of the airlines, when you fly with aeroflot or svift you will see every second person comes with a big bottle of alcohol on board and when arrive in Bkk all bottles are empty,

• Like 2

it is clear why they not serve alcohol, because people from scandinavia and russia would triple up the cost of the airlines, when you fly with aeroflot or svift you will see every second person comes with a big bottle of alcohol on board and when arrive in Bkk all bottles are empty,

I love it when the captain banks left and you hear the bottles rolling on the floor, banging up against the seat frames.

SAS (scandinavian airlines) in economy class serve alcohol and soft drinks only at meal times on long haul flights. the 6-8 hours in between you have to pay for everything. They serve NO drinks at all on flights within europe (for free that is).

It's really good, so you avoid many drunken idiots on the flight. Do you want to drink, it's cheaper to stay home and drink

There should be no alcohol served on any flights. If people can't go without alcohol on a flight, they should be seeking some help with their drink problem.

• Like 1

It's really good, so you avoid many drunken idiots on the flight. Do you want to drink, it's cheaper to stay home and drink

There should be no alcohol served on any flights. If people can't go without alcohol on a flight, they should be seeking some help with their drink problem.

It's not about alcoholism, it's about the airline heritage, from the days when it was glamorous to fly, and a Gin and Tonic at 30'000 feet was a very cool thing to do/have, and it was expected, it was something a traveler would look forward to.

Of course the industry has changed over the last 50 years from the days of the attractive and attentive trolley dolly's (Although I think some are reaching retirement about now)

• Like 1

vikings_998289c-1_zpsdb2645fd.jpg

• Like 1

If the girls were drunk then shouldn't the police be arresting the airline staff for serving alcohol to people who were intoxicated?

Royal Brunei doesn't serve alcohol but they will allow you to drink your duty free booze, as long as you don't run up and down the aisle advertising your rap dancing skills. I had a nice bottle of red wine but no opener, and nice trolley dolly soon fixed that problem. :)

Many many years ago it was the norm to fly from Oz to London and have a decent fill of beers. Last time, a few years ago, I only had 2 beers and everyone was told they were out of beer, before we'd even flown out of Oz.

Last flight from Oz into Thailand was with British Airways. Bad mistake. 3 hours into the 10 hour flight I wander up to get a beer, nope, none left.

Airlines are really skimping these days so 'full service' means nothing.