Dependent Visa (o) What To Do ?

Hi Everyone,

One of my friend have to get an extension as a dependent. Her father has a permanent residency in thailand and owns a condo. She has to show 250,000 baht for extension for a year. Now the problem is their financial situation is not so good now and they don't have cash at the moment. Is there a way she can extend her visa?

Suppose some visa company let her use 250,000 for a week to sit in the Bank and she pay's the interest.

please help ....very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ensim

I would take them and their story to immigration and ask. Just don't try to fool them with any "visa agent" stuff prior to this. If the desk officer can not help perhaps his boss or his boss can. Most will try to work with you if you will work with them. Not all problems can be solved; but some can.

Thanks DR. for your reply. Actually her mother was very sick and recently died and her medical bill nearly crippled her family. They have cash but definately not 250K. Is there a way ?

Thanks

Ensim

Take Lops suggestion...it might just work. The sum is presently 200,000 baht, not 250,000, but I guess that isn't achievable either. Take the condo papers etc but remember Immigration will be looking for visible means of support.

Suppose some visa company let her use 250,000 for a week to sit in the Bank and she pay's the interest.
don't do that, don't go near a visa company or loan shark in thailand.
Thanks Lop and DR,

One last question . If I transfer money (Check or cash) from my account to her DAD's account, will it help her ?

it will have to be a deposit that will increase the balance over 200k in the account after the check clears if you go that route.

take lopburi3 and doctor pp's advice and go and talk to an immigration officer

an immigration officers told me a few years ago 250k and the same day in the same office another said 200k, however most all say at least 200k in a thai bank now.

even though it is part of the official requirements , immigration is not a stickler where the money comes from, some on the forum have said it has to be from overseas, wired etc... however my bank letters <3> verifying funds have never mentioned this, only the bank balance and the date. also i have dumped large deposits in one account two days before the immigration appointment. they don't seem to care as long as your bank letter verifies your bank balance on the same day the bank letter was typed up. this letter has to be less than 30 days old also.

for me, all three times i have handed a bank letter and my passbook to the officer and its been a glance at both and thats it.

well im in lao at the moment and have just been told i cannot obtain another non immigrant o (married persons) visa next time unless i show them a bank book contaning 300000 baht.Things are definately changing.I asked the woman who told me this if she would like to explain to my 1 year old daughter why daddy might have to go away for a while. :o:D

well im in lao at the moment and have just been told i cannot obtain another non immigrant o (married persons) visa next time unless i show them a bank book contaning 300000 baht.Things are definately changing.I asked the woman who told me this if she would like to explain to my 1 year old daughter why daddy might have to go away for a while. :o:D

Do you border hop every 90 days Parry ?

Just collected passport and asked her again for clarification and again she said 300000 baht not 200000 and also added that i cannot have a tourist visa instead and to try malaysia or singapore for my 90 day visa.
dear parryhandy,

there shouldn't be any financial requirement for you to obtain a non immigrant O visa from outside the country. just your marriage certificate and your wife's presence or thai id.

8. If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

i realize that this is listed as a requirement on the thaivisa.com page for Non-Immigrant Visa "O" Thailand visas but doesn't seem to come up for others obtaining one.

300k ??, the requirement is currently 200k in a thai bank, and that is for a one year extension from thai immigration, not from a thai consulate giving you a visa.

what do you think doctor pat pong, is Laos not recommend for non immigrant o visas right now or was it a powertripped officer?

Just collected passport and asked her again for clarification and again she said 300000 baht not 200000 and also added that i cannot have a tourist visa instead and to try malaysia or singapore for my 90 day visa.

dear parryhandy,

there shouldn't be any financial requirement for you to obtain a non immigrant O visa from outside the country. just your marriage certificate and your wife's presence or thai id.

8. If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.
i realize that this is listed as a requirement on the thaivisa.com page for Non-Immigrant Visa "O" Thailand visas but doesn't seem to come up for others obtaining one.

300k ??, the requirement is currently 200k in a thai bank, and that is for a one year extension from thai immigration, not from a thai consulate giving you a visa.

what do you think doctor pat pong, is Laos not recommend for non immigrant o visas right now or was it a powertripped officer?

There's no wife Huski...just a Thai child. Previous O's have been based on caring for the child. With documentation proving fatherhood, Penang might be a better go. I think the officer saw the applicant is using the multi's to avoid the financial obligations of the extensions. The poor guy is in a quandry. Too many visa's. A new passport and Penang is one suggestion.