Abhisit's Rice Scheme Probed

webfact

Abhisit's rice scheme probed
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai Party has petitioned for the Department of Special Investigation to look into the losses incurred by the rice-price guarantee programme under Abhisit Vejjajiva's government.

"The Pheu Thai validation team has recently discovered the project led to a loss of Bt130 billion, not Bt60 billion as they said," Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said yesterday.

"The number hasn't yet been verified by the Commission of Defence Against Corruption and Misconduct of the House of Representatives."

Prompong added that the action is not in retaliation against the criticism of the Pheu Thai-led government's own rice-pledging scheme.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-11

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good opportunity to compare and contrast, with the PTP government able to show how much more efficient the current scheme is at raising the income of poor farmers - or not.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

Well according to the fella at PTP Boonsong you can not possibly find out losses until the last bit of rice is sold. So if they can work it out for the Democrats scheme it just proves it was more efficient and they actually sold the rice... talk about shooting yourself in the foot :lol::D:lol::D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

Prompong added that the action is not in retaliation against the criticism of the Pheu Thai-led government's own rice-pledging scheme.

Right . . . they must think people are stupid . . . oh wait . . . that's exactly what they think . . . and have been proven right on many occasions.

Given that they have 2 years in government and there was no issue until now that their own pathetic scheme is being shown up for the mess that it is...

The stupid lot here are the ones who can only think to attack others to divert scrutiny away from their own mess instead of fronting up (or in Yingluck's case 'drama queen puppet up') with forecast numbers and forward planning to sort out their mess.

The level of governance in Thailand is floating further and further down the dunnie pipe.

This is a little bit like when someone says to you "Look, I don't mean to be rude but ........", you know they are about to be rude. Stating this makes it crystal clear that this is the very reason why they are doing it. So this little ploy now keeps all the DSI detectives busy probing the Dems rice pledging scheme, and there will be nobody left to carry out an investigation on the PTP scheme. I dread to think what they are playing on red radio at the moment. I bet the speakers in the little villages are working overtime as well making the places sound like communist training camps.

• Like 1

"Prompong added that the action is not in retaliation against the criticism of the Pheu Thai-led government's own rice-pledging scheme."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I am not allowed the number of emcons it would take to show the ridiculousness of that statement.

Truly the PT are grasping at straws now.wai2.gif

Really?

I remember using this defense when I got caught stealing milk bottles from my neighbor when I 8 years old to try and avert the blame to someone else.

Didn't work then either...not going to work now.

I don't know who to hate more. Them or the dumbasses who constantly vote for them. I know it's wrong but you know that fella who said that some people just aren't smart enough and shouldn't be allowed to vote had a point.

The same "logic" could be applied to quite a few of the posters on TVF. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

My God, this PTP is so bloody childish, when will they just MAN UP and admit they have no idea how to run a country, ...............coffee1.gifcheesy.gif

You are wrong there they are professionals at that..............................Ooooh, you said run a country........Sorry I read RUIN a country.

• Like 1

As long as the rice farmer benefitted, always bound to draw a little criticism from the expat tax payer........

Wait a minute...............where are the crticising expat taxpayers on this thread.......

The criticism from "the expat tax payer" is not about the farmer benefiting, it's about the millers and middlemen benefiting instead of the farmer.

Right.......so the millers and middlemen benefit from the PTP scheme.......but not the Abhisit scheme.......ok I see where you are coming from now.....

Is this shifting the blame?

Surely you already knew that it has always been the Dems that were manageing the megga heists (called corruption) against the Thai people. The hope is that PTP can prevent polititians of all persuasions from stealing money from the people. Edited by indyuk