World's first Rolls-Royce Boutique showroom opens at Bangkok's Siam Paragon

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How come there is not a news article about the Kia showrooms in some malls...maybe Kia's at well under a Bt1M is not as sexy? The Kia showroom at the The Mall in Bangkae (western Bangkok) is on the second floor between the AIS and DTAC shops directly above the foodcourt....yea, not as sexy.

Because that would not create yet another "hate the rich" thread, with the usual suspects repeating their mantra over and over again!!coffee1.gif

I think I could handle being hated if I were rich. Better than being poor and abused.

If I went into that showroom sweating and wearing a scruffy T-shirt and shorts and muddy old shoes, would I get to play on their design software to choose my favorite accessories? Would they ask me if I had the money to buy one, or just turn me politely away?

If I went into that showroom sweating and wearing a scruffy T-shirt and shorts and muddy old shoes, would I get to play on their design software to choose my favorite accessories? Would they ask me if I had the money to buy one, or just turn me politely away?

Funny you should ask that. Some years back M-B had a display day at a winery in the Upper Hunter (NSW) with half a dozen cars, free chardonnay, cheese and crackers, salesmen in flash suits. They had exactly ONE visitor, scruffy guy in work clothes and muddy boots, who they completely ignored.

Locals would have told them he owns a million odd dollar earth-moving business - about a month later he was driving a new Beemer.

Edited by OzMick

Does RR come in pink? One of our politicians likes pink cars. Do they have a medicine cabinet, for ear medication?

Perhaps the car could be sent in pieces to avoid the tax and those two fine items added to it.

Save a lot in tax.

Yes it would be cheaper to buy an assembled in Thailand Rolls. thumbsup.gif Any garage around the corner can assemble one of these low tech cars.

It has been done around 9,000 times the last decade I believe.

Does RR come in pink? One of our politicians likes pink cars. Do they have a medicine cabinet, for ear medication?

Perhaps the car could be sent in pieces to avoid the tax and those two fine items added to it.

Save a lot in tax.

Yes it would be cheaper to buy an assembled in Thailand Rolls. thumbsup.gif Any garage around the corner can assemble one of these low tech cars.

It has been done around 9,000 times the last decade I believe.

I can recommend one on Samui. They don't have a set of Allen keys, but the guy said the knurled (and chromed) bolt heads are easy to turn with vice grips.

• Like 1

Designed to aid customers in the creative process of commissioning a Rolls-Royce motor car, the two-car showroom is a smaller, intimate boutique which serves as a "brand touch-point" where customers are invited to use their imagination and mix and match wood and leather...

Makes me want to throw up sick.gif

How come there is not a news article about the Kia showrooms in some malls...maybe Kia's at well under a Bt1M is not as sexy? The Kia showroom at the The Mall in Bangkae (western Bangkok) is on the second floor between the AIS and DTAC shops directly above the foodcourt....yea, not as sexy.

Because that would not create yet another "hate the rich" thread, with the usual suspects repeating their mantra over and over again!!coffee1.gif

Well said.

I think I could handle being hated if I were rich. Better than being poor and abused.

Every single "anti rich" poster of this forum would too... It's just that the chance for it to happen is so remote that they prefer to hate the rich first whistling.gif

Every single "anti rich" poster of this forum would too... It's just that the chance for it to happen is so remote that they prefer to hate the rich first whistling.gif

I don't hate rich people, but I hate the way some of them became rich. "Behind every great fortune is a crime." is not necessarily true today, but the odds are still in its favour.

my previous landlord had an old rolls royce from like the early 80s and he told me that when he inquired about the price (this was like 2.5 years ago) of a new one, he was quoted 90 million baht...

During my time in Hong Kong it was normal for a second hand Rolls to cost more than an new one since the second hand one was immediately available and a new one meant going on the waiting list.

If you wanted face and had the money you paid as better to be seen in your Roller than say that one is on order.

Yes RR does come in pink. If someone ordered one that colour he/she would not be the first.I cannot remember his name but a rather flamboyant English comedian bought a pink one many years ago

I hate the word 'boutique'. It's a BS name to pull the flannel over the eyes of the hard of thinking. Same, same gel. As if being in gel form gave a crappy product magical properties. Does using such flowery nomenclature for a car showroom supposed to make people honoured to be allowed to enter? We're doing you a favour in looking a one of our cars. BTW the ones in the picture are the ugliest things Ive ever seen with an RR label. I hope that none of the lads back at Crewe see them.

If you want style do it the UK way. In the RR showroom on Piccadilly in one corner were half a dozen Mini's. A sign said, "Please take one."

I wonder how much they paid the interior designer to come up with this?

Exactly my thoughts. Such a cosy boutique showroom...

My understanding of the word "boutique" in Thailand, is "Spartan and unfurnished", but each to his own.

Exactly my thoughts. Such a cosy boutique showroom...

Absolutely perfect.

Everybody can see the potential customers no matter what the angle. Oh the penis enlarging face of it all!