Walen School of Dance in Chiang Mai

MacWalen

If they offer visas with this its awesome. Can you imagine at immigration. "Sir i see you have been studying for 2 years. In order to show me that you attend class can you show me your moves"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by maanoi
  • Like 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chiang Mai has a pretty good dance scene in certain senses. There are well-qualified teachers of ballet, jazz and contemporary dance. In addition to the salsa already mentioned there are many eclectic options out there from flamenco to funky yoga-dance hybrids. There's stuff going on at the universities. There are also some ballroom schools that are aimed more at a Thai and Japanese scene as far as I can see. And of course Thai dance. But I do think there is an opening for a more social, western-oriented place for swing dancing, line dancing, soul train dancing, whatever. Given the right music in the right space I'll bet many of us wouldn't mind stepping out more.

• 4 weeks later...

This girl definitely has talent! They used to call this the "bump and grind!" Now, it has a coyote beat. Exhausting!! Will she be an instructor?

Since any ballroom dancing emporium normally lacks enough male dancers, this is terrific marketing. Is this the next iteration of the infamous Walen method?

Will there be a cardiologist on the premises?

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

Mapguy, that is a very good point. The lessons will be so exciting that there is a real risk that some students could get a hear attack. Too much excitement can kill you, no kidding. Full-time cardiologist could become a necessity. I believe we can get even better instructors than this one. I have an eye for talent.

Im so happy we have these walen courses. Without these where would we go for titillation from staff chosen solely on their looks? I for one can state that my best education has come from young good looking individuals and personally I feel that any school that employs educated qualified teachers is behind the times.

Ok. Ive got to go buy some tampons because a girl on telly that is very sexy told me to do so. Being a bloke im not sure how to use them but im sure I'll find a use.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I learned a long time ago that when a restaurant has a large menu, the quality declines. Now you are a language school. Now a dancing school. What's next, a phad thai school?

Just saying....... This is not an attack, mainly just an observation. Stick to what you are great at: language training.

After this school of dance takes off like a starship, there is always opening a few dance halls to satisfy folks like genericnic. ;)

This lady can dance! What would the world be like if people did not dance? It would be a lot more boring!

If this girl is one of your dance instructors, sign me up. Do you have her phone number, lol?

CMNightRider, she is not one of our instructors yet, but interestingly enough I am trying to get in touch with her. Maybe I can sponsor her. She is a great dancer in my opinion. I will try to make the school fun.

Edited by MacWalen
  • Like 1

Boring

BB1955, watch the whole video. This girl is great. If you think this is boring then I dont know what would it take to make it interesting for you.

Edited by onthedarkside

Transam, what kind of dance would you like to learn? Are you into dancing at all? I am getting older but I still enjoy dancing. Beneficial for many things. If you think what this girl did was not dancing then I respect your opinion. We will have fun regardless.

Transam, what kind of dance would you like to learn? Are you into dancing at all? I am getting older but I still enjoy dancing. Beneficial for many things. If you think what this girl did was not dancing then I respect your opinion. We will have fun regardless.

Yes, I think you will. smile.png