horrible tiny type face that is uncontrolled...

tutsiwarrior

can someone please change my display to a 12 point and lock it?

presently I can't read it...and I am an old man with diabetes and high blood pressure and I need help, not aggravation...

right now the screen is g0ing crazy...a virus?

oh...please help me...

Better that TV impliments a type face that is readible by all members and not those wwith the eyesight of a 16 year old.

Or you could try Control-Plus.

If this sitre was based in Australia a person could and probably would register a complaint with the disability authourities who would mediate. If the site was not deemed to be suitible the case could go to court at the total cost of $50 for the person complaining. Just as buildings must be accessible to all websites must be too. I am aware of several in the USA where there have been changes forced.

I would just hope, as George is a reasonable person there can be some understanding that an increasse in font size is acttually benificial to all.......including his pocket as people will not be forced off the site.

See...he beat me to it.

Edited by harrry

Better that TV impliments a type face that is readible by all members and not those wwith the eyesight of a 16 year old.

If this sitre was based in Australia a person could and probably would register a complaint with the disability authourities who would mediate. If the site was not deemed to be suitible the case could go to court at the total cost of $50 for the person complaining. Just as buildings must be accessible to all websites must be too. I am aware of several in the USA where there have been changes forced.

I would just hope, as George is a reasonable person there can be some understanding that an increasse in font size is acttually benificial to all.......including his pocket as people will not be forced off the site.

See...he beat me to it.

Wow! I find it incredible that a web site could be taken to court just for having really small fonts.

Edited by JetsetBkk

See...he beat me to it.

Wow! I find it incredible that a web site could be taken to court just for having really small fonts.

Me too considering both Windows and browsers have built in solutions. The default font is 14 BTW. Plus other variables including screen size, screen resolution. Impossible to satisfy everyone. One member's screen may be fine, another too small and another too big. The font size actually is pretty close to the same as major online news.

See...he beat me to it.

Me too considering both Windows and browsers have built in solutions. The default font is 14 BTW. Plus other variables including screen size, screen resolution. Impossible to satisfy everyone. One member's screen may be fine, another too small and another too big. The font size actually is pretty close to the same as major online news.

https://www.ssbbartgroup.com/reference/index.php/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act

This is from your country....I can also give you examples from Australia and the uK and I am aware of some in other european countries.

THings have changed....you cannot get away with inacccessible buildings and services in most contries now and the responsibility is on the service provider/

I regularly get the subscript type as a default when posting, you can tell if this is active by a box around the X2 button. This is the button just above where you start writing. Select the text affected and click the button again and all back to normal.

Cheers

• Like 1

thanks folks...ctrl + did the trick...

one should note that ctrl + and Control Plus are different things...the latter sounds like a hair care product fer mohicans...

If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel you can just hold the CTRL key down and zoom in/out with the wheel.

yes ctrl +,

My eyesight is deteriorating and I can measure this. About every year I add one ctrl+ when browsing TV. Sadly this causes some pictures in the photo forum to extend outside my browser window.

• Like 1

thanks folks...ctrl + did the trick...

one should note that ctrl + and Control Plus are different things...the latter sounds like a hair care product fer mohicans...

If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel you can just hold the CTRL key down and zoom in/out with the wheel.

Only partly correct. That Zooms the whole screen and thus requires side to side scrolling. his has not been considered a sufficient accomodation in previous cases.

Edited by harrry

https://www.ssbbartgroup.com/reference/index.php/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act

This is from your country....I can also give you examples from Australia and the uK and I am aware of some in other european countries.

THings have changed....you cannot get away with inacccessible buildings and services in most contries now and the responsibility is on the service provider/

I think we should sue all the phone makers for making their screens too small as well. And the buttons! What about all those people out there with fat fingers? People with fat fingers have rights too.

I think we should sue all the phone makers for making their screens too small as well. And the buttons! What about all those people out there with fat fingers? People with fat fingers have rights too.

As a matter of fact phone manafacturers comply to various disability standards. Have you noticed how many of the phones have a ridge on the 5 key to assist positioning. There are many other disability features included in mobile phones both as a matter of law and because it is good business to do so.

As a matter of fact phone manafacturers comply to various disability standards. Have you noticed how many of the phones have a ridge on the 5 key to assist positioning. There are many other disability features included in mobile phones both as a matter of law and because it is good business to do so.

Those ridges don't help you press the right keys when you have fat fingers.

If you want to be a discriminatorary b that is up to you. there are standards for disabilitgy access which decent people subscribe to and which are enscrined in laws in many countries.

Harry, can you give me a pointer to these standard or recommendations? I would be happy to do necessary changes to thaivisa.com that can improve access for people in need.

If you want to be a discriminatorary b that is up to you. there are standards for disabilitgy access which decent people subscribe to and which are enscrined in laws in many countries.

Harry, can you give me a pointer to these standard or recommendations? I would be happy to do necessary changes to thaivisa.com that can improve access for people in need.

Thanks george. I have not been working with web accessibility for a few years but I will dig out some of the most recent stuff which I can find and send it to you. The site does not need a lot of changes but a few little things can help a l people a lot and many of those who benifit are in your demographic. As you can see it is something I feel fairly strongly about and have had some involvement with.

• Like 2