Bangkok Guided Tour

sunnyk

Hi Guys,

I am coming Thailaind for 2 weeks. I have been to Pattaya for 4 days (been to Floating Market, Walking Street, Beach road etc) and 2 days Bangkok (done only shopping) before.

This time I would like to spend 4-5 days in Bangkok and and remaining in Pattaya and nearby places. Starting from Pattaya first.

What are the good destinations in and nearby Pattaya without much traveling (max 2-3 hours, by flight or 3-4 hrs by road/ferry) ?

May be leave in morning and return back at night or Next day? But, I am flexible. Please suggest a good travel plan as I am very much confused. I would like to visit most must-see nearby places. I would like to return back to Pattaya at the end as I would be leaving half my stuff at a friend's house.

For the remaining 4-5 days. I would like to see Bangkok, what are the good tourist attractions in and nearby Bangkok. Better to go self or take any good guided City/Sightseeing Tours arond Bangkok? Would also like to visit any affordable roof top restaurants in Bangkok.

Also, please provide approx. expenses (if possible).

Thanks

Edited by sunnyk

Try Desperately Seeking Bangkok on Facebook (DSBKK). You will probably get more of a response on their as they have a lot of people working in all sorts of industries. Above 11 is quite a nice rooftop bar but I have not eaten there, only drank. They all tend to be more expensive then normal bars though so it will depend on your definition of affordable.

This is a good video of what's to do in and around Pattaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYFuuigjZJk

Some other options are Koh Samet and Koh Chang. When will you be here? August through November is quite rainy on Koh Chang. Even here!

Also Khao Yai is a very nice place to checkout. July 13/14 is a race at Bira. Great fun as you can literally get right next to the action.

As for what to do/see in Bangkok, check out lonely planet's website. They list some stuff to do. And I'm sure if you Googled this, a bunch would pop up. Lots of day tours including Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.