2014 Yamaha FZ-09 847cc triple

mania

This is exciting.

The Z800 would be cool but for some reason it weighs a ton. A triple should sound awesome if the triumphs are anything to go by. Nice stock exhaust is much appreciated and for the rest I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person.

Of course the z800 is made in thailand and so should come in way cheaper.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually dont like Naked bikes that much but damn this one looks great. I wonder how it sounds, I never tried 3 cylinder bike. The specs are great, I wonder about fuel consumption. HP and torque is great for a bike at that price.

Want one:)

• Like 1

I love it when people know something but not fully know the story, the truth is there is not FZ-09... The only thing Yamaha has introduced is a MT-09 sportsbike. Which is partly build in Thailand....

On my website you soon can find a full review of this motorcycle as we visited the new Yamaha factory in Thailand. The Yamaha MT-09 is the first motorcycle which involves Thailand in the export to the European Union. No plans from Yamaha to currently release this motorcycle on the Thai market as only 11,000 units are build.

post-12170-0-70314000-1371815053_thumb.j

• Like 1

I love it when people know something but not fully know the story, the truth is there is not FZ-09... The only thing Yamaha has introduced is a MT-09 sportsbike. Which is partly build in Thailand....

On my website you soon can find a full review of this motorcycle as we visited the new Yamaha factory in Thailand. The Yamaha MT-09 is the first motorcycle which involves Thailand in the export to the European Union. No plans from Yamaha to currently release this motorcycle on the Thai market as only 11,000 units are build.

Richard, have a look at post #2 on this thread which states exactly what you've just said and shows the same photo.

And if you're so knowledgeable, why not share your smarts about this bike with the folks in here who are keen to know instead of plugging your own site.

• Like 1

On my website you soon can find a full review of this motorcycle as we visited the new Yamaha factory in Thailand. The Yamaha MT-09 is the first motorcycle which involves Thailand in the export to the European Union. No plans

but what is yamaha thinking? Thai people are not worth using this bike build in Thailand?

if they sell it here, i am sure it will pass kawa and ducati sales. hope bike gods grant yamaha some mind.

• Like 1

The Yamaha MT-09 is the first motorcycle which involves Thailand in the export to the European Union.

Is that not what Triumph has been doing for a few years?

Exactly! Crying shame that the triumph bikes here aren't sold at non-import prices....

• Like 1

Richard, have a look at post #2 on this thread which states exactly what you've just said and shows the same photo.

And if you're so knowledgeable, why not share your smarts about this bike with the folks in here who are keen to know instead of plugging your own site.

Richard has his own web site!

Where?

joeaverage wrote:

GooEng wrote:

angryfarang wrote:

I hope they sell it here, if they do, it will be my next bike. Time to start saving...

I'll race you to the waiting list.

you will be behind me, unless you want a red one, then, after you ...

The only red bike I'd have is a Ducati. Looks like there's going to be some sprinting for the queue if its announced. No pushing in! Edited by GooEng
  • Like 1

I dont really see Yamaha around, I think the only one I have seen is DragStar or V star how much are those these days? I like the new VMAX it really looks great.

You seen the price of a V-Max recently?

VMAX £ 21,499.00 All prices include On-the-Road preparation charges, delivery to dealer, number plates, pre-delivery inspection, petrol and VAT at 20%. Government first registration fee and Vehicle Excise Duty is excluded and will be charged additionally at the prevailing rate.

Where?

D'oh!!! I should have put a question mark!

id be interested to know how richard can do a full review of a bike he has never ridden ,most of youhave probably been on his website before you just havent realised its his, i find its not hard to make a website anyone can do it really............he is right though doesnt look like its being realesed in thailand,the in depth review i read about it including talking to the new yamaha top man didnt mention anything about it being partly made in thailand.

Edited by taninthai

i m not sure fz 09 is made in thailand or not but tanin of course they prefer not to state made in thailand in the article if possible. but envy you, you can whatever you want in UK. how is there in uk ? still gray and cold? be careful with the cops there man. good luck.

id be interested to know how richard can do a full review of a bike he has never ridden ,most of youhave probably been on his website before you just havent realised its his, i find its not hard to make a website anyone can do it really............he is right though doesnt look like its being realesed in thailand,the in depth review i read about it including talking to the new yamaha top man didnt mention anything about it being partly made in thailand.

Richard has his own web site?

What's the link?

sorry to interrupt your richard baiting, but where is that review ?

post-90070-0-10424700-1371977682_thumb.j

Yamaha MT-09 in numbers:

- Yamaha return to 3-cylinder in-line
- Power 78.1 kW / 106 hp. 10 000 r / min, torque 8.3 daN to 8500 rev / min
- Dry weight 171 kg (without fluids), 188 kg fully fueled / ABS 191 kg
- Color: metallic purple, metallic orange, gray and blue, gray mat
- Availability: September 2013 (November ABS version)

Engine:

- 3-cylinder, compact, 60 kg
- Comfortable displacement of 847 cm3 (78 mm x 59.1 mm)
- ACT 2 and 4 valves / cylinder
- Setting at 120 ° balancer, ceramic cylinders
- Forged aluminum pistons and ceramic composite cylinders
- Angle of 5 ° to 26 valves, valve diameters of 31 mm and 25 mm
- Electronic fuel injection nozzles on the valve guide
- Throttle YCC-T, 3 modes mapping (STD mode (standard) mode A – more power at low and midrange – and B mode (difficult conditions, slippery roads)
- Three different intake funnel lengths

Chassis:

- Diecast aluminum frame (two half-shells screwed)
- Oscillating asymmetric light cast aluminum arm
- Monocross rear suspension with horizontal damper (spring and relaxation setting)
- Inverted fork with 41mm tubes (not adjustable)
- 120/70ZR17 tires – 180/55ZR17
- Steel tank, 14 liters
- 2 floating front brake discs 298 mm / 4-piston radial calipers
- Foot controls forged aluminum
- LED tail light, dash board LCD

• Like 2

What's the link?

What's the link?

i refuse to do any free advertising or promotion for richard..........dont worry most of the stuff on there is just copied from other places reviews on the internet anyway,your not really missing anything

mcn motor cycle news a weekly magazine in the uk , im not baiting richard if you read it correct i said richard is right {for once} its not going to be realeased in thailand .

Edited by taninthai

Well I am not loosing any sleep over the fact I don't know what Richards web site is....just wanted to see if it's any good.

And

You folks do know this isn't the first time Yamaha have made waves with the release of a 3 cylinder engine, yes???

This one makes waves too!

post-63954-0-02726400-1372077940_thumb.j

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just saw this bike for first time today as sales began in Europe. If Yamaha plays it right they have a great foundation to make sport and touring bikes for a decade. I just hope they could design them a little bit better that's all.