True internet and unblock-us.com

ChiangMaiThai

I have Apple TV and a Netflix account. US Netflix works with a US proxy on my computer, (but it doesn't work on an iPad).

I would like to watch Netflix via Apple TV, but of course they see I'm in Thailand and I can't connect.

The service http://www.unblock-us.com/ has been suggested on this forum, but some people have said that it doesn't work with True internet. Does anyone out there successfully use unblock-us.com with True internet?

Thanks!

Hi I used unblock us it didn't work that good for me but I believe it works fine for others on here.I then tried Hola unblocker which is free and easy to install,this worked well for me most od the time.

My internet isn't with true though.I now use Thai Expat TV for b600 a month to watch itv,bbc,channel4(im from uk)works fine for me no problems or buffering hope this helps good luck..

Hi I have been using unblock-us, but is does not work with True, they seem to be blacklisted.However I am able to use Netflix on my apple tv using unotelly.They can be found on www.unotelly.com.All what you have to do is manually changing the DNS on your apple tv and you are good to go.

As for using Netflix on my iPad then i use VPN, the company I use is called blackVPN, they are of course not free, but charge a monthly fee of a few dollars.

Don't think it will work with Unblock US cos they ask you to change your DNS servers and this you can't do with True Hi-speed internet.

I beg your pardon? Yes you can change your DNS on all devices that connect to your True ASDL 2+ & DOCSIS connection(s). High speed 100 down to low speed 1, so I do not know where you got this disinformation from.

• Like 1

Half right information - as the bit about the DOCSIS modem is correct, you can not set up a static DNS in most true provided DOCSIS modem/routers for your DHCP server as there is no setting to do this, but any device connected to it can have its own DNS set.

So maybe we meant the same thing but just expressed it in a different manner?

Im on True DOCSIS Unblock-us works flawlessly with Netflix, and has done since i have had the service (8 months). Works on PS3, Ipad, and Android phone, I dont have any other devices to test it on. Also if you would like to set it to work at the router level switch you modem into "bridged" mode and connect it to a wifi router and put the Unblock us DNS servers for defaults on the router. You can pick up a cheap wifi router, I highly suggest finding one that can run custom firmware such as DD-WRT.

Edited by justsumhelp