extending.

Hi,

Wanting to extend my 30 day tourist visa for another 60-90 days, I normally get it done in Australia before i go, however this trip was a rushed one (baby)..i'm based in the Northeast - Sangkha. Just wondering if there is a closer option then bangkok to get this extension?

Cheers.

Doubt you have a visa ---30 days would seem like a "visa exempt" entry. You might get a 7 day extension at your nearest immigration office but that is all.

For more (60-90 days) you will have obtain a tourist visa at a Thai consulate in a nearby country.

Is it your child and has the child Thai naitonality? Or are you married to a Thai antional? If so you can try to get a 60 day extension based on visiting your Thai family.

If not, it seems your only option is to go to a neighbouring country and apply for a tourist visa.

If you have a tourist visa you can extend it for 30 days at any immigration office.

If you only have a 30 day visa exempt entry the most you can get is 7 days. Best option would be to make a trip to Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos to get a tourist visa.