Internet TV from the US

GaryB1263

FYI - I don't believe that Thailand is the source of the "blocking" but rather the U.S. owned tv channels themselves as they don't collect any revenue for their shows if allowed to air in Thailand. They are trying to get True Vision cable and the like to pay just as U.S. cable companies have to do.

• Like 1

For a quick fix of American television, ustvnow.com will do nicely.

Watched the NBA Playoff game on ABC this morning.

Several mainline broadcast channels are free. Low resolution, only.

And, paid premium channels. Available, at higher resolutions. Sometimes, promotions lower the cost.

The streaming quality/interface has continued to improve over the past many months.

Personally, have only the free account. And, slow internet. But, the low streaming resolution setting works well with the slow internet here. Random slight buffering. And, is acceptable viewing on my HDTV

Would be tempted for the premium channels when higher bandwidth becomes available here.

Cheers

• Like 1

Try this

You can choose from several servers around the world. Mostly the problem is not Thailand blocking those sites, but the sites itself restricting streaming outside their country, so with above site you can go on the internet from any server which you choose. Yes, it's not free, but in my experience they are ok and nothing is logged.

Try hola.org to get Hulu, Netflix, Travel and others. Free. No VPN. Works great.

What's the catch with hola? I assume you know they can log/track/'do god knows what' anything you do when you install this kind of software?