I opened an online shop in Thailand, now I need advise!

Aransaja

Hello everyone.

I just opened my shop that offers Fashion Apparel from America.

I got some serious questions.

- Getting thai buyers is easier than foreigners.Because placing Ads on Popular Thai forums. How will I get foreigners in Thailand informed?

- Placing Ads in Thai forums, don't cost anything. But foreigner forums offer high prices that I can't afford yet. Are there any websites recommended?

Thanks for your advise

• Like 1

How do you even know he (she?) is a foreigner?

How many thais are member of tv ?

So ?

At least 4 that I know straight out of my head, and looking at the username of the OP, that could be number 5 already.

• Like 1

Don't know about attracting customers but it does raise the Q whether or not you have a Thai Work Permit.

Be careful, working without authorization can result in jail and deportation.

Mac

Of course, it's famous that foreigners are caught working at home on their own website... RI-DI-CU-LOUS

Really, some people should better just keep it shut !

• Like 1

To the OP:

Is your website both in Thai and English language?

Firstly, you need to get your website listed with all the main online search engines, especially Google. This can be done for free if you are persistent and know the processes involved. Most efficient way is to send your company details to the online registries, Google has this service.

Next, why not create video giving details of your company and upload to Utube.

Also create a facebook account profile for your company, requesting friends and others to click the like button. This will encourage the search engines to pick up your company quicker.

Do an intensive Google search for free online classified ad websites. There are many and easy to find. Again the more you list your company online, the sooner it will be spidered by the search engines and listed.

I also suggest that you choose a free hosting company for your website, there are plenty, some you require HTML experience for ftp uploading and others already have their own website formatting and editing facilities.

Good luck with your online business and if my advice works, I’ll let you make me a company partner.

• Like 1

I use my computer for purely recreation use. I make no money whatsoever and for that matter pay no tax. My internet traffic routed through a private network, which is encrypted and tells the end user, I am based in the UK. It even gives me a UK ip addresses, based around Manchester/North West England. (depends on time of day).

If the authorities show up at my door, no digital footprints show that I have been "WORKING".

Come on people,as if the Thais really give a stuff. Even if they did, they cant prove anything unless I admit. I am not about to do that now am I ?

Gotta love paranoid expats. LOL

• Like 2

I use my computer for purely recreation use. I make no money whatsoever and for that matter pay no tax. My internet traffic routed through a private network, which is encrypted and tells the end user, I am based in the UK. It even gives me a UK ip addresses, based around Manchester/North West England. (depends on time of day).

If the authorities show up at my door, no digital footprints show that I have been "WORKING".

Come on people,as if the Thais really give a stuff. Even if they did, they cant prove anything unless I admit. I am not about to do that now am I ?

You will be aware that using a proxy server is illegal in Thailand, however in your case your ip address showing Manchester is because you are not in Thailand at all.

You did just admit it.

You will be aware that using a proxy server is illegal in Thailand

No it's not. Read my pinned topic - Proxies, VPNs

You will be aware that using a proxy server is illegal in Thailand, however in your case your ip address showing Manchester is because you are not in Thailand at all.

yes he is , he is a millionaire , remember? he picked this country to retire in even though he stated he had over a million pounds.

• Like 1

To the OP:

Is your website both in Thai and English language?

Firstly, you need to get your website listed with all the main online search engines, especially Google. This can be done for free if you are persistent and know the processes involved. Most efficient way is to send your company details to the online registries, Google has this service.

Next, why not create video giving details of your company and upload to Utube.

Also create a facebook account profile for your company, requesting friends and others to click the like button. This will encourage the search engines to pick up your company quicker.

Do an intensive Google search for free online classified ad websites. There are many and easy to find. Again the more you list your company online, the sooner it will be spidered by the search engines and listed.

I also suggest that you choose a free hosting company for your website, there are plenty, some you require HTML experience for ftp uploading and others already have their own website formatting and editing facilities.

Good luck with your online business and if my advice works, I’ll let you make me a company partner.

If it really works and I turn out making lots lots loooooots of money, i'll make you my company partner. ;-)

Anyways thank you for your helpful answer ;-)

How do you even know he (she?) is a foreigner?

How many thais are member of tv ?

So ?

At least 4 that I know straight out of my head, and looking at the username of the OP, that could be number 5 already.

Looks like a really big deal. Just add 1/2 to the thai members and 1/2 to the foreigners.... Voila, everyone is happy

-

I was told it is illegal to teach/show people how to use such software in Thailand.

If you're using it, you are bypassing their censorship, how can you prove that wasn't your intention?

I'm not saying any of this is relevant to real life, just curious about the technicalities.

-

I was told it is illegal to teach/show people how to use such software in Thailand.

If you're using it, you are bypassing their censorship, how can you prove that wasn't your intention?

I'm not saying any of this is relevant to real life, just curious about the technicalities.

If you read my pinned topic I have stated that the technology, VPN/Proxy, itself is not illegal and that includes showing or explaining to someone how to use the technology. It's how it is used that can be illegal, such as trying to bypass government blocks or viewing sites whose content would be considered illegal in Thailand. Obviously if caught performing illegal activities with or without proxies, and I agree that is probably a low probability, than it is covered by the Computer Crime Act of Thailand and can be prosecuted under such. Also, ISPs are required to maintain records of sites visited for 90 days by law which was implemented several years ago.

• Like 2

even I do similar stuff, I post my products on Facebook account and that helps me to get a good idea about my customers likes n dislikes, I am planning o open up a shop soon however this online facebook thing works good enough. www.facebook.com/Indian.art.house2009

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app